CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP
I was so surprised when I found this recipe. It's made with fresh green beans, and uses potatoes to thicken it instead of flour or cornstarch. I especially like the tarragon in this soup. If it gets too thick, use the larger amount of whipping cream. To save calories, I like to use fat-free half and half. This was in a box of my mother's clipped recipes. I don't know where she clipped it from....looked like magazine paper to me.
Provided by breezermom
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 7 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Saute the green onions, shallot and garlic in the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Set aside.
- Cook the diced potatoes in boiling water to cover for 15 minutes, or until tender (depends on how small you diced them); drain well, and set aside.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan; add green beans, and cook 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Add the reserved green onions and potato; stir well.
- Transfer half of the green bean mixture to the container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Repeat the procedure with the remaining green bean mixture. (Sometimes I like to use my immersion blender, leaving some of the pieces whole). Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in whipping cream or half and half, lemon juice, and tarragon. Cook until thoroughly heated. Serve, and sprinkle with black pepper.
CREAMY GREEN BEAN SOUP
- Place the water, ham, green beans, potatoes, and onions into a large saucepan or soup pot, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the ham and vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes. Skim off any excess fat. Pour in the cream, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 104.3 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 24.4 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 1775.5 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
HUNGARIAN CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP (TEIFELES ZOLDBAB LEVES)
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large skillet, place the green beans and cover with water; add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove green beans to a colander, reserving cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet, make a roux (known as rantas in Hungarian) by melting the butter, adding the flour, and cooking, stirring constantly, until it is a light amber color.
- Add pepper, paprika, and 1/4 cup water to the skillet, stirring until smooth.
- Temper the sour cream with a few ladles of the hot green bean cooking liquid.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the pan along with green beans; whisk the mixture until smooth. Simmer until the broth thickens, 5 to 8 minutes, but do not let it boil.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 kcal, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 33 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 366 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 12 g, ServingSize 4-6 bowls (4-6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, chopped onion, green beans and savory.
- Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetable is tender.
- Place half of the vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or till smooth. Take care when blending hot liquids. Pour into bowl.
- Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture; set all aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter or margarine.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk all at once, whisking till smooth.
- Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blended vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir till soup is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.2, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 31.7, Sodium 485, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 7
GREEN BEAN SOUP
This soup has been passed down for generations beginning with my great-grandmother. I make it often, especially when I can use homegrown beans, carrots, onions and potatoes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Before serving, remove bay leaf and parsley and savory sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 175mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 9g protein.
GREEN BEAN SOUP
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine green beans, garlic, parsley, salt and water to cover and cook until beans are tender.
- Fry bacon until crisp, set aside. Add onion and flour to bacon grease, stirring until smooth and brown. Add some water from the beans, stirring slowly and constantly to prevent lumps.
- Cook to thicken a bit, then add it to the bean soup and bring to a boil. Stir crisp bacon, sour cream and vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 23.2 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "cream of fresh green bean soup recipes"
10 BEST FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRESH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - IN A MILK BASED BROTH - HONEYBUNCH …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
FRESH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE FROM SCRATCH
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GREEN BEANS AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FRESH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH MUSHROOM SOUP - SOUPNATION.NET
CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP | LOW CARB | KETO - RECIPES
SEARCH RESULTS FOR 'CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP'
RECIPE CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP
FRESH GREEN BEAN AND POTATO CASSEROLE - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
GREEN BEANS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
FRESH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH HOMEMADE CREAM OF MUSHROOM …
POTATO, GREEN BEAN & BACON SOUP - A FAMILY FAVORITE!
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE MADE WITH CAMPBELL’S® CREAM OF …
CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP - RICARDO CUISINE
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM OF CHICKEN - CHEFS & RECIPES
GREEN BEAN SOUP | SWEET & SOUR - COOK WE WILL
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH CANNED MUSHROOM SOUP
CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GREEN …
CREAM OF GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH HOMEMADE CREAM MUSHROOM …
GREEN STRING BEAN SOUP RECIPE - VEGAN • VEGGIE SOCIETY
CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CREAM OF GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GREEN BEAN SOUP | RECIPE | GREEN BEANS SOUP, GREEN BEAN RECIPES …
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH FRESH GREEN BEANS | SALTY SIDE DISH …
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - CAFE DELITES
HOMEMADE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - PERFECT ANYTIME!
FRENCH GREEN BEAN SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAM OF FRESH GREEN BEAN SOUP - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
REALLY HOMEMADE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #vegetables #american #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #green-yellow-beans
You'll also love