HERB AND BRIE OMELET
A fresh and light way to start your day, our omelet is ready in 15 minutes and features fresh herbs and creamy brie cheese.
Provided by Sarah Caron
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the eggs, basil, parsley, thyme, milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat small nonstick skillet over medium heat. (Skillet should be hot before pouring in egg mixture.) When skillet is hot, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and allow it to cook, without stirring, until egg is almost set. Place cheese slices down center of egg; fold sides of the omelet over to cover cheese. Cover pan; continue to cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in sauté pan.
- Sauté apple slices until just turning soft.
- Beat together eggs, cream or milk, and salt & pepper until blended but not frothy.
- Melt remaining butter in omelet pan over high heat until foam begins to recede but before beginning to color.
- Pour in egg mixture and prepare omelet, stirring lightly, but allowing it to set on the bottom.
- Fill with sautéed apples and Brie.
- Fold or roll and slide out of pan onto a heated plate.
- Add oil to a skillet over high heat.
- Remove the rind from 3 slices of Brie.
- Whisk eggs for 1 minute. While moving the skillet in a circular motion, pour the eggs in continuing motion, cook until the outside edges are firm (approximately 1 minute). Then flip the omelet to finish cooking (about 30 seconds). Place the cheese slices in the center and fold the omelet. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Try this recipe with Camembert as well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.2, Fat 41.3, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 558, Sodium 213.5, Carbohydrate 1.1, Sugar 0.6, Protein 18.8
LEEK 'N' BRIE OMELET
This super-simple omelet has an upscale feel and the fantastic taste will surely impress breakfast guests. The mildly garlicky flavor of leeks and buttery creaminess of Brie combine to make this an adult version of a cheese-and-onion omelet.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook leek in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside. , In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. , When the eggs are set, spoon leek mixture over one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Fat 30g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 474mg cholesterol, Sodium 694mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
SPINACH AND BRIE OMELET
- Wash the spinach in plenty of cold water at least twice to get rid of any grit or sand. The easiest way is to swish it around in a bowlful of cold water and lift it out. If there's grit in the bottom of the bowl, change the water and repeat the process. You can leave on the stems if you're using baby spinach. Otherwise, tear off the stems at the base of the large, crinkly leaves and discard.
- Steam the spinach by tossing it with a little water in a skillet over high heat. Alternatively, microwave it for 1 minute.
- Cool the spinach by running it under cold water, and drain it well in a colander. Give it a couple of good squeezes with your hands to get rid of as much liquid as possible. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the spinach into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Using a whisk or a fork, beat the eggs with some salt and pepper in a small bowl until frothy.
- Heat the butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of the spinach and sauté for 1 minute, or until very hot.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, tilting the pan to evenly distribute the eggs over the spinach. Let the eggs cook and set for about 5 seconds.
- Using a silicone or rubber spatula, gently pull the cooked egg from the edges toward the center of the pan, while allowing the liquid egg to run underneath and onto the hot pan. After about 30 seconds, or when the eggs look cooked but are still moist, arrange the Brie slices on half of the omelet. The cheese is soft and will melt quickly.
- Using the spatula, fold the omelet in half. Cook the omelet for another 10 seconds. Slide the omelet from the pan onto a serving plate.
MOREL, HAM AND BRIE OMELET
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham; sauté 3 minutes. Add morels; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 3 eggs in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 7- to 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet; stir with rubber spatula until eggs begin to set, about 1 minute. Sprinkle half of morel mixture and half of Brie over eggs. Cook until eggs are softly set, tilting skillet to cook eggs evenly, about 2 minutes longer. Fold omelet in half; transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
More about "brie omelet recipes"
APPLE AND BRIE OMELET | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 1Energy 373 CaloriesCarbohydrate 11 gFat 29 g
10 BEST BRIE CHEESE OMELET RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BRIE AND CHIVE OMELET | COOKSTR.COM
SOUFFLé OMELET WITH SPINACH AND BRIE – MY RECIPE REVIEWS
SPINACH, TOMATO & BRIE SOUFFLE OMELETTE - MY KITCHEN LITTLE
MUSHROOM BRIE OMELET RECIPE
LEEK 'N' BRIE OMELET RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
MUSHROOM-AND-BRIE OMELET RECIPE - MARK SULLIVAN
BRIE OMELETTE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRIE AND BACON OMELETTE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
HERB AND BRIE OMELET - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
OMELETTE WITH BRIE AND SMOKED SALMON - THRIFTY FOODS
HERB AND BRIE OMELETTE FOR #BRUNCHWEEK - NOSHING WITH …
BRIE OMELET RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BELL PEPPER, ZUCCHINI AND BRIE OMELET | CANADIAN GOODNESS
BRIE AND BACON OMELET - BIGOVEN.COM
OUR 30+ BEST OMELETTE RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
APPLE AND BRIE OMELETTE | METRO
CRISPY POTATO AND BRIE OMELET. - HOW SWEET EATS
HERB AND BRIE OMELET | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BLACKBERRY, EGGS AND BRIE OMELET | DRISCOLL'S
BACON AND BRIE OMELETTE - CLOSET COOKING
HAM, PEAR, AND BRIE OMELET | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
BRIE PUFFY OMELET – ABBIO
23 BEST OMELETTE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
LEEK 'N' BRIE OMELET RECIPE RECIPE
BRIE AND FRESH MUSHROOM OMELETS - MIDWEST LIVING
MUSHROOM & BRIE OMELETTE - TRIBE COOK
BLACKBERRY BRIE OMELET RECIPE - FARM AND DAIRY
BRIE AND HERB OMELET #THANKFUL4EGGS
ULTIMATE CRAB AND BRIE OMELET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEEK 'N' BRIE OMELET RECIPE
OMELETTE WITH BRIE CHEESE AND MARINATED PEELED TOMATOES | MUTTI
HERB AND BRIE OMELET - WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE | RECIPES, FOOD, …
HERB AND BRIE OMELET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MUSHROOM & BRIE OMELET – NURTURED PELVIS
BRIE AND BACON OMELET RECIPE | RECIPELAND
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #breakfast #eggs-dairy #french #easy #european #number-of-servings
You'll also love