These are very tasty. I make sure I have this treat at least once a year at the "Big E" in the Mass. building.
Provided by Barefootjen
Yield 1 pan, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Melt 1/4 lb butter in 12x16 pan.
- In large bowl mix with beaters eggs and milk.
- Add sugar salt and flour.
- pour mixed batter over melted butter.
- Bake in 450 oven for 20 -23 minutes.
- Cut recipe in half for 9x13 pan.
- Serve with maple syrup, jelly, or butter.
Outside Thunder Bay, you won't find many places that serve the Hoito's style of Finnish pancakes, which bear no resemblance to fluffy American-style pancakes. At the restaurant, they are each the size of a dinner plate, heavy and dense.
Provided by Ian Austen
Categories breakfast, brunch, pancakes, main course
Yield 6 8-inch pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt. Add the milk and flour and whisk until just blended and no pockets of flour are left; do not overmix.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add 3/4 cup of batter to the pan. Tilt the pan to allow the batter to spread evenly to about 8 inches in diameter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sides of the pancake are set and bubbles begin to appear in the middle. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until fully set and golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 301, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 90 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Delicious crepe-like pancakes that are sure to please. You may double or triple the recipe. Serve with warmed maple syrup or a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Provided by MPASTICK
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour milk into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until slightly warm, 20 to 30 seconds. Whisk in butter. Whisk in eggs. Add flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt; blend briefly with an immersion blender to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.2 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 113.1 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 513.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
More about "finnish pancakes recipes"
See details »
You'll also love