CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH AND SHRIMP
A nice alternative to the traditional risotto, and much easier too! It was so easy to make with any add-in's you have on hand.
Provided by Cookin in NJ
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add orzo and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil reduce heat to a simmer uncovered.
- Meanwhile core, seed and dice the tomatoes and thaw and strain the spinach.
- Once the liquid in the orzo begins to absorb (about 5 minutes) add the tomatoes and stir.
- Let this simmer for another 5 minutes then add the spinach and stir.
- Cook until the liquid is fully absorbed (about another 15 minutes).
- In a separate pan sauté the shrimp and sprinkle with creole seasoning (optional, you can use whatever spice you like) until cooked.
- Add the cheeses and fresh basil, red pepper (optional) to the orzo and stir, then add in the shrimp and serve!
CREAMY PARMESAN SHRIMP AND ORZO
Simple, fast, and delicious, a creamy blend of parmesan, cream, orzo, shrimp and herbs. Thirty minutes start to finish on the stove top, or throw everything in the crockpot at the beginning of the day, it couldn't be easier. You can also substitute scallops or diced chicken for the shrimp, or leave out entirely for a creamy side dish.
Provided by LuAnn_Mason
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Saute garlic and orzo in butter 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Stir in water and half and half. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parmesan, shrimp and basil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Reheats really well, and is even better the second day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.8, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 156.9, Sodium 798.8, Carbohydrate 34.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.3, Protein 24.3
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC & SPINACH ORZO
This side dish brings instant comfort. I first made it without spinach so my husband and daughter would like it. The next time, I added spinach for the extra health benefits. They still devoured it, so in my book that's a win-win. -Dawn Moore, Warren, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulb, exposing individual cloves. Drizzle cut cloves with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap. When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic from skins., In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add pasta; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed., Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add spinach, Asiago cheese, milk, seasoning blend, salt and roasted garlic; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ONE-POT SHRIMP SCAMPI ORZO
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley in a small bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Stir in orzo and onion, toss to coat, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and orzo is lightly toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pot with white wine and stir until wine has cooked off. Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until orzo is tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and shrimp with marinade to the pot, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are light pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide between 2 dishes, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.2 calories, Carbohydrate 69.5 g, Cholesterol 190.4 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 942.7 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
More about "creamy orzo with spinach and shrimp recipes"
SHRIMP PARMESAN ORZO WITH SPINACH AND BELL PEPPER …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SHRIMP WITH ORZO AND SPINACH | TABLE&SPOON
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
SHRIMP PARMESAN ORZO WITH SPINACH AND BELL PEPPER RECIPE
CREAMY ORZO RECIPES SPINACH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH AND PARMESAN (RISONI RECIPE)
PORK AND ORZO RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CREAMY SPINACH ORZO WITH TOMATOES - COOK WHAT YOU LOVE
CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SHRIMP ORZO AND SPINACH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PARMESAN SPINACH ORZO RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
ONE-POT SPINACH ORZO WITH PARMESAN RECIPE | KITCHN
ONE PAN CREAMY PARMESAN ORZO W/ SHRIMP - CAROL BEE COOKS
CREAMY SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO • OLIVE & MANGO
QUICK & EASY CREAMY SPINACH ORZO | COOKTORIA
CREAMY SPINACH ORZO RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CREAMY SHRIMP AND ORZO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH AND SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH ORZO (RISONI) (ONE POT)
30 MINUTE SHRIMP AND ORZO WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES
GARLIC ORZO TUSCAN SHRIMP FOR TWO (20 MIN) - ZONA COOKS
ORZO WITH SHRIMP AND SPINACH - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREAMY SPINACH AND LEMON ORZO - CUCINABYELENA
ONE POT CREAMY CAJUN ORZO WITH SHRIMP
CREAMY CHEESY SPINACH ORZOTTO | THE LEMON APRON
GARLIC PARMESAN ORZO PASTA RECIPE WITH SPINACH - EATWELL101
CREAMY SPINACH ARTICHOKE ORZOTTO | KITCHN
CREAMY PARMESAN ORZO WITH SPINACH - KATIE'S CUCINA
ONE PAN SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO - CHEFJAR
CREAMY GARLIC SPINACH ORZO • SALT & LAVENDER
GARLIC PARMESAN ORZO WITH SPINACH - THE DINNER BITE
CREAMY ORZO - IMMACULATE BITES
CREAMY PARMESAN SPINACH ORZO (VIDEO!) - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
PARMESAN AND SPINACH ORZO - DAMN DELICIOUS
30 EASY ORZO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP WITH SPINACH (10-MINUTE) - EATWELL101
CREAMY, CHEESY ORZO WITH ZUCCHINI AND SPINACH - DELALLO
CREAMY SPINACH & ORZO - DIMITRAS DISHES
CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH AND SHRIMP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CREAMY SPINACH AND FETA ORZO – LONOLIFE
CREAMY PARMESAN SPINACH ORZO - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CREAMY SPINACH AND FETA ORZO |SO MUCH FOOD
CREAMY MUSHROOM SPINACH ORZO - DAMN DELICIOUS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #side-dishes #pasta #seafood #easy #low-fat #shrimp #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook orzo with shrimp?Instructions Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the orzo per package instructions, about 8 or 9 minutes. Drain the orzo and set aside. While the orzo is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until cooked through and pink.
How do you cook orzo pasta with spinach?To make the garlic parmesan orzo with spinach: cook orzo pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than indicated on package directions. Drain orzo thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer (keep at least 1 cup of the cooking water). 2.
How to cook garlic shrimp with spinach?1. To make the creamy garlic shrimp with spinach: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink, about 2-3 minutes; then set aside in a shallow plate.
What is in Tuscany shrimp orzo?Garlic Orzo Tuscan Shrimp is coated in a light and creamy Parmesan cheese sauce filled with garlic, roasted red peppers, baby bella mushrooms, onion and spinach. This has really great flavor and the majority of it, other than cooking the orzo pasta, is done in one pan. Dice the onion and slice the mushrooms.