PERFECT TEN BAKED COD
Simple, fast, and delicious describes this baked cod recipe. Bake for two sets of 10 minutes each and you have the perfect ten dinner! This recipe was a favorite request from a local restaurant. They closed after years in business and we are happy to share a version of their most requested recipe. I serve this with rice pilaf and fresh spinach that has been lightly seared in olive oil and garlic. Yummy!
Provided by Pam
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl; melt in microwave on high, about 30 seconds. Stir buttery round crackers into melted butter.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 7x11-inch baking dish. Melt in the preheated oven, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove dish from oven.
- Coat both sides of cod in melted butter in the baking dish.
- Bake cod in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; top with lemon juice, wine, and cracker mixture. Place back in oven and bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 more minutes.
- Garnish baked cod with parsley and green onion. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Cholesterol 71.5 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 282.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED COD FISH
There is nothing fancy about this but if your looking for a crispy coating without any deep-frying this is about as good as it gets, If your skillet is not large enough to hold all of the fish, then transfer to a baking sheet that has been coated with oil, only dry breadcrumbs or the coating will not adhere to the fish --- cooking time is for oven only, if desired any large fish fillet can be replaced for the cod, all seasoning my be adjusted to taste
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- In a large heavy ziploc plasic bag combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, seasoning salt, lemon pepper, cayenne and garlic powder; shake the bag to mix (can use a shallow bowl).
- In a shallow bowl slightly beat the eggs.
- Adding one piece of fish at a time to the bag, coat well with the mixture, then remove and dip the fish in the eggs, then return to the bag to coat the fish again, repeat for all of the cod pieces; transfer to a plate.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons oil in a large 12-inch ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry the fish until the undersides are golden brown (about 1 minute).
- Turn over and add in another 3-4 tablespoons oil; cook another 1 minute more.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes or until JUST cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.6, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 166.7, Sodium 336.9, Carbohydrate 43.7, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 2, Protein 39.9
- Stack about 15 charcoal briquettes into a grill in a pyramid shape. If desired, drizzle coals lightly with lighter fluid and allow to soak for 1 minute before lighting coals with a match. Allow fire to spread to all coals, about 10 minutes, before spreading briquettes out into the grill; let coals burn until a thin layer of white ash covers the coals. Lightly oil the grates.
- Season both sides of cod with Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper. Set fish aside on a plate. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in lemon juice and green onion, and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Place cod onto oiled grates and grill until fish is browned and flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side; baste with butter mixture frequently while grilling. Allow cod to rest off the heat for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 63.4 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 20.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 660.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED COD
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt, and cayenne in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides and, working with 1 piece at a time, put fish in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs. Dip fish in eggs, then shake in crumbs again to coat. Transfer fish to a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until hot but not smoking, then fry fish until undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Turn over, add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and cook 1 minute more. Put skillet in upper third of oven and bake until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
CRISPY COD FILLETS
- Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Add to bread crumbs; turn over to completely coat both sides of each fillet.
- Spray large skillet with grilling spray; heat 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F), turning after 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.1, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 99.4, Sodium 402.1, Carbohydrate 5.4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.5, Protein 42.2
BONNIE'S CRISPY OVEN-FRIED COD FISH
I found this recipe on the web by Kittencalskitchen, tweaking it to suit our tastes. I love the simplicity of this cooking method, and it is a definite keeper in this house. This is very crispy fish without deep frying, no mushiness either. For oven-fried fish, this is as good as it gets. I make it in a cast iron skillet....
Provided by BonniE !
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees and set the oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 2. Mix the cornmeal, bread crumbs, and seasonings in the first shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in the second shallow bowl. Add one piece of fish to the DRY bowl, coat well and remove and dip the fish in the WET bowl. Return to the DRY bowl and coat again. Do this with all the fish pieces. It is a 3-step process: dry, wet, finishing with dry. Transfer all breaded fish to a plate.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet, or any oven-proof skillet. Cast iron just browns better. Fry the underside of the fish until it is brown 1 or 2 minutes, then turn and fry the other side. When all of the pieces are browned, put the skillet and the fish in the hot oven. Bake about 5 or 6 minutes until just cooked through.
- 4. Here is what it looks like. Serve immediately.
- 5. I have an excellent recipe for tartar sauce posted on this site. https://www.justapinch.com/recipe/utahn/tartar-sauce/spread
- 6. Cook's tip: Pie plates make great shallow breading dishes. Next time I plan on using white cornmeal. I fry a lot of catfish using white cornmeal, and we prefer it over the yellow. It is not as coarse. I will let you know what happens when I do. Enjoy!
More about "crispy cod fillets recipes"
CRISPY AIR FRYER COD FILET RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 303 per serving
- Create a breading station for the fish. In one bowl add the flour. In the second bowl whisk together the eggs and salt. In the last bowl add the Panko, parmesan cheese, old bay seasoning, and garlic powder.
OVEN-FRIED COD RECIPE (CRISPY & DELICIOUS!) - COOKING WITH ...
Ratings 76Calories 276 per servingCategory Main Course
- Rinse the cod and feel for any bones to remove. Pat it dry with paper towels. Cut any large pieces into serving portions. Wash your hands.
- In a dinner plate, add the bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, paprika (and cayenne pepper, if needed). Stir with a fork to combine.
CRISPY BAKED COD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 233 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add bread crumbs, stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest. Let cool. Combine mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt, then place on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet and brush with mustard mixture. Press 1/4 of crumbs onto each filet.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until fish is no longer translucent (cut to test) and flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes. If crumbs aren't sufficiently browned, broil fish 2 inches from heating element until crumbs are crisp and dark golden brown (watching carefully to prevent burning), 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
PAN FRIED COD (SIMPLE, BUT DELICIOUS!) | GIRL HEART FOOD®
Ratings 8Servings 4Cuisine NewfoundlandCategory Main Course See details »
CRISPY PARMESAN BAKED COD RECIPE - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
4.8/5 (9)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 942 per serving See details »
CRISPY COD – BLACKSTONE PRODUCTS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CRISPY BAKED COD - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (3)Total Time 18 minsCategory DinnerCalories 282 per serving See details »
CRISPY COD FILLETS | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishServings 4Total Time 20 mins See details »
PERFECT FRIED COD RECIPE RECIPE - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
5/5 (39)Calories 533 per servingServings 6 See details »
EASY CRISPY BAKED COD FISH FILLET RECIPE | FOOD LION
Servings 4 See details »
CRISPY COD SANDWICH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (2)Calories 343 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on it and coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white in a shallow dish until frothy. Place cornflakes in another shallow dish. Sprinkle cod with garlic powder, pepper and salt. Dredge the cod in egg white, shaking off any excess, then coat with cornflakes, pressing to help them stick. Place on the prepared rack. Coat the top and sides of the fish with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise and relish in a small bowl. Serve the fish on buns with some of the sauce and vegetables.
34 BEST COD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Basic Fried Cod. Sometimes, you just want a simple fried fish recipe that you can turn to over and over again. Add this one to your repertoire, and you will never need to buy another bag of frozen breaded fish fillets.
- Skillet Fish Nuggets. If your kids love fish sticks, try making these fish nuggets at home to have more control over the ingredients. Using a premade pancake mix means you can whip these up in a flash, and the whole family will enjoy this take on fish sticks or frozen patties.
- Cornflake-Crusted Baked Cod. For a similar crunchy texture to store-bought fish sticks, try this cornflake-crusted cod. The crust creates a lovely contrast to the flaky fish, and a hint of Dijon mustard gives it a little zip.
- Herb-Baked Fish Fillets. If you've forgotten to take fish out of the freezer to thaw, this easy recipe will save dinner. The fish gets covered with crushed cornflakes and an herbed butter before baking, for a lovely and fragrant protein that everyone will enjoy.
- Baked Lemon Garlic Cod. Lemon and garlic make great pairings for mild cod, giving it a fresh and zesty flavor. This simple fish dish comes out low fat and gluten free, plus you can have it on the table in under half an hour.
- Slow Cooker Fish Chowder. When you don't have a lot of time, try a creamy fish chowder in the slow cooker. Evaporated milk gives it a hearty heft and bacon lends a smokiness that complements the flaky fish perfectly.
- Panko-Crusted Fish Fillets. A panko coating gives cod fillets a crispy, crunchy texture that creates a wonderful contrast to the flaky fish. Some Creole or Cajun seasoning spices it up wonderfully, but you can add any type of seasoning that you prefer.
- Baked Fish Florentine. Layer spinach, flaky cod, and cream of mushroom soup, then top them with buttery breadcrumbs for a flavorful one-pot meal that also comes packed with nutrition.
- Classic Fish and Chips. Take your family to the chip shop without leaving the house using this classic fish and chips recipe. It works great with cod and starchy potatoes such as Yukon or russet.
- Crispy Lemon Cod. Fans of fried fish will love this crispy cod with a light lemon sauce. Because you coat the fish in breadcrumbs, then pan-fry them yourself, you know what goes in them every step of the way.
OVEN BAKED PANKO AND PARMESAN ENCRUSTED COD - A PEACHY PLATE
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 457 per serving See details »
HOW TO PAN-FRY COD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY FISH FILLETS - MIGRAINE RELIEF RECIPES
5/5 (2)Category Dinner, LunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 11 mins See details »
CRISPY, BREADED FISH FILLET - FOODLY - MAGAZINE #1 FOOD ...
See details »
10 BEST SAUCE FOR COD FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
10 BEST BAKED COD FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
20 BEST COD RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS ...
See details »
CRISPY COD FILLETS RECIPE - CUISINE AT HOME
See details »
PAN SEARED COD RECIPE - HOW TO PAN SEAR COD | HANK SHAW
See details »
CRISPY COD FILLETS - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
weeknight 60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion healthy very-low-carbs main-dish seafood easy diabetic dinner-party kid-friendly low-fat summer fish stove-top dietary seasonal low-saturated-fat low-calorie high-protein low-carb inexpensive high-in-something toddler-friendly low-in-something saltwater-fish cod equipment 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love