ALMOST-FAMOUS SPICY FRIED SHRIMP
When Bang Bang Shrimp first hit the menu at Bonefish Grill eight years ago, it was a flop. The dish - crunchy fried shrimp in Thai chili sauce - wasn't the problem. The name was. After chain founder Tim Curci changed the name from Creamy Spicy Shrimp to Bang Bang Shrimp, the appetizer became the restaurant's best-selling dish. And as the shrimp exploded in popularity, so did Bonefish Grill. The chain now has more than 150 locations across the country. Regulars everywhere have a nickname for the signature snack: They just order a "Bang." Many of these fans, including Lori Piscopo from Valley Township, PA, wrote to us asking for the recipe, and while Curci remained tight-lipped on the details, Food Network Kitchens managed to create this perfect imitation.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Whisk the flour, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the shrimp with the prepared sauce. Arrange the lettuce in a shallow serving bowl or on individual plates. Top with the shrimp and garnish with scallions.
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS
East meets Deep South in this tempting hors d'oeuvre. A tempura-inspired batter makes these shrimp incredibly crisp and light, while the sweet and spicy vinaigrette pairs Southern pepper jelly with Thai chili paste and fish sauce.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a mason jar. Place lid on jar and shake with vigor. Make the salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and the zest of the juiced lime. Make the batter: Combine all ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Finish the dish: Add the peanut oil to a large pot to reach a depth of 3-4 inches, and heat the oil to 375°F. Dip each shrimp into batter. Add to the oil and fry for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the oil and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel. Serve the shrimp with the vinaigrette and herb salad.
SIZZLING SHERRY SHRIMP WITH GARLIC
This recipe is from Spain. Sherry or lemon juice is not always used, but either one adds a nice contrast to the richness of the oil and garlic. You can easily substitute squid or scallops for the shrimp.
Provided by MMZEHER
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and paprika in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and the garlic has turned golden brown, increase heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with sherry or lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 284.1 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CRUNCHY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: frozen shrimp, cornstarch, oil, garlic, fresh ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, scallions, white rice
Provided by Frank Tiu
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Add the shrimp to a medium bowl. Cover with cold water and let sit until thawed, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the thawed shrimp on paper towels and pat dry.
- Place the cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss until well-coated.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan until it reaches 400°F (200°C).
- Add the garlic and fry for 40 seconds-1 minute, until golden brown. Remove the garlic with a strainer or slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Fry the shrimp, about 6 at a time, for 2 minutes, or until light golden brown. Transfer to the wire rack to drain.
- In a clean wok or large pan, add the ginger and red pepper flakes and toast for 2 minutes, until the ginger is starting to brown.
- Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Season with the salt and pepper and toss until well-coated.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate and garnish with the scallions and fried garlic.
- Serve with rice.
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by DreiFromBK
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 225 degrees. Toss shrimp, rice wine, and 1 teaspoon salt together in large bowl and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes. 2. Grind black peppercorns and Sichuan peppercorns in spice grinder or mortar and pestle until coarsely ground. Transfer peppercorns to small bowl and stir in sugar and cayenne. 3. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat until oil registers 385 degrees. While oil is heating, drain shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer shrimp to bowl, add 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon peppercorn mixture, and toss until well combined. 4. Carefully add one-third of shrimp to oil and fry, stirring occasionally to keep shrimp from sticking together, until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using wire skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to paper towel-lined plate. Once paper towels absorb any excess oil, transfer shrimp to wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Return oil to 385 degrees and repeat in 2 more batches, tossing each batch thoroughly with coating mixture before frying. 5. Toss jalapeño rings and remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch in medium bowl. Shaking off excess cornstarch, carefully add jalapeño rings to oil and fry until crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Using wire skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer jalapeño rings to paper towel-lined plate. After frying, reserve 2 tablespoons frying oil. 6. Heat reserved oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add garlic, ginger, and remaining peppercorn mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 45 seconds. Add shrimp, scallions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Line platter with lettuce. Transfer shrimp to platter, sprinkle with jalapeño rings, and serve immediately.
SHRIMP IN HERBS
Dressed up with two types of parsley and other herbs, this rich and elegant shrimp entree makes a special weeknight meal. The recipe comes from Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in butter until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 351mg cholesterol, Sodium 894mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Crispy batter-fried shrimp with two dipping sauces (I can't decide which one I like best). You can have this either as an appetizer or main course.
Provided by silky
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Remove the shells from the shrimp but leave the last segment and the tails on.
- Split the shrimp down the back until almost completely open.
- Remove the vein.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl of ice water.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the batter.
- Mix well, then add the oil a little at a time until oil and flour are thoroughly mixed; break up any large lumps.
- Now add the water a little at a time, stirring contantly in one direction.
- Eventually the batter will become smooth and silky.
- Stop adding water when you attain this consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Allow the batter to rest, covered, for atleast 15 minutes.
- Prepare either or both sauces to serve with your shrimp.
- Shred the lettuce and place on a platter.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Place the oil in a wok and heat to 375F.
- While the oil is heating, drain the shrimp, pat dry and dip in the batter, leaving the tail exposed for easy handling.
- Line a work platter with paper toweling.
- Place 8-10 shrimp in the hot oil and cook until the batter turns a golden brown.
- Remove with large strainer to the work platter.
- Do the remaining shrimp in the same manner, making sure the oil reaches 375F before adding next batch.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the lettuce and nest the shrimp in the lettuce.
- Serve with the sauce (s).
More about "crispy shrimp with pepper jelly and herbs recipes"
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS - RECIPE
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
10 BEST PEPPER JELLY SHRIMP RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP - SUPER EASY RECIPE! - RACHEL COOKS®
CRISPY SHRIMP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CRISPY SHRIMPS WITH VEGETABLES IN BLACK PEPPER SAUCE - AJINOMOTO
13 RECIPES MADE SWEET AND SPICY WITH PEPPER JELLY | ALLRECIPES
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP - TODAY'S DELIGHT
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS - RECIPE
PEPPER JELLY SHRIMP - LIFE CURRENTS
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS – RECIPES NETWORK
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS - DEEP SOUTH MAGAZINE
EASY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - PINCH AND SWIRL
SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP IN RED PEPPER JELLY GLAZE
COCONUT-CRUSTED SHRIMP WITH HOT-PEPPER-JELLY SAUCE AND …
CRISPY SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY AND HERBS LOUISIANA CHEF CORY …
CRISPY SHRIMP, NO DEEP-FRYER IN SIGHT - BON APPéTIT
CRISPY LEMON GARLIC PEPPER SHRIMP - SHEFFIELD SPICE & TEA CO
CRISPY PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - HOME CHEF
HERB GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GRILLED SWEET PEPPERS - DAILY DISH RECIPES
SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CRISPY SHRIMP - MISS CHINESE FOOD
SPICY SHRIMP AND PEPPERS (30 MINUTE MEAL) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
PEPPER JELLY GLAZED BACON-WRAPPED SHRIMP - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER FLAKES, AND HERBS RECIPE
8 TASTY RECIPES USING HOT PEPPER JELLY - PEPPER GEEK
SHRIMP ON SEASONED CRACKERS WITH PEPPER JELLY AND CREAM CHEESE …
SHRIMP WITH PEPPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON PEPPER CRISPY SHRIMP - VALYA'S TASTE OF HOME
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC, LEMON, AND HERBS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
GARLIC AND HERB SHRIMP RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
CRISPY FRIED SHRIMP WITH GREEN HERB SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP - LOLA KUSINERA
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP WITH CELERY - GATHER JOURNAL
GARLIC HERB SHRIMP - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
CRISPY HERBED SHRIMP WITH CHIVE AIOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SALT AND PEPPER CRISPY CHICKEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
SALT & PEPPER CRISPY SHRIMP - TIFFY COOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on shrimp crackers with pepper jelly?This recipe for Shrimp on Seasoned Crackers with Pepper Jelly and Cream Cheese comes to us from Adam Evans, chef at award-winning Birmingham restaurant Automatic Seafood and Oysters. Pepper jelly and cream cheese on crackers was one of Evans’ favorite holiday snacks as a kid.
What is the recipe for fried shrimp?Directions. Whisk the flour, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in another shallow bowl. Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes,...
How to cook shrimp on the stove top?Prepare the Shrimp: Stir together shrimp, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly coated. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Arrange shrimp in 1 layer inside skillet. Cook until shrimp just turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
How do you cook shrimp with crackers?Arrange shrimp in 1 layer inside skillet. Cook until shrimp just turn pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Add parsley, lemon juice, chives, and dill; stir together until shrimp are evenly coated. Arrange 24 seasoned crackers on a platter. (Reserve remaining crackers for another use.)