CROCK POT LAMB AND BARLEY STEW
Lamb, barley and root vegetables are made for a slow cooker, blending their flavors into a delicious stew. This is another great recipe from the BHG Slow Cooker Recipes book.
Provided by Geema
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the meat, onion, turnips and carrots in the crock pot.
- Stir in the broth, beer, barley and all seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in the parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.7, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 122.4, Sodium 1538.2, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 5.1, Protein 46.5
CROCK POT LAMB STEW WITH BARLEY
This is based on a recipe from BH&G's Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. This is a nice, hearty lamb stew. I serve with bread (homemade, of course!) and a salad.
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet, or an electric frying appliance, such as in my case. Brown half of the meat in the hot oil and set aside. Add remaining meat; add onion when meat is nearly browned. After the onion is tender, two minutes or so, add the garlic to the onion/meat mixture and saute for a couple of more minutes.
- In a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine the broth, undrained tomatoes, barley, wine (if using), dried dillweed (if using), salt, and black pepper. Add the meat mixture and stir.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Before serving, stir in the roasted peppers and fresh mint. If using fresh dill, stir that in as well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.2, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 122.4, Sodium 456.4, Carbohydrate 24.2, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 5.6, Protein 43.3
BARLEY AND LAMB STEW
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the lamb with the salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a 4 to 5-quart Dutch oven set over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add half of the lamb, and brown on all sides, approximately 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove the lamb to a bowl and repeat with the remaining oil and lamb. Remove the second batch of lamb to the bowl and add the carrots to the pot. Saute the carrots for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return all of the lamb to the pot along with the grits and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, decrease the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the lamb and grits are tender. Five minutes before the stew is finished, add the oregano. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired. Serve in bowls.
CROCK POT LAMB STEW
My DH's favorite, we have it every year for Christmas dinner. I don't follow the recipe all the time w/this, always adding more of every thing, including peas sometimes and have also added some red wine instead of all water.
Provided by lets.eat
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a resealable bag, mix together the flour, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Add lamb and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and brown the lamb cubes. Remove and place in crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, gravy mix, marjoram and garlic.
- Add the vegetables and gravy liquid to crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 948, Fat 64.2, SaturatedFat 23.9, Cholesterol 163.7, Sodium 815.6, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 8, Protein 44.5
SLOW-COOKED LAMB WITH SAGE AND PEARL BARLEY
- Trim the fat from 1 shoulder of young lamb. Peel, wash, and thinly slice 4 carrots and 2 stalks of celery. Peel 4 red onions and cut into small wedges.
- Cook the shoulder of lamb
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Heat a flameproof casserole dish with a splash of olive oil and brown the shoulder on all sides. Take it out, throw away the cooking fat, wipe the casserole dish clean, and put it back on the heat with an additional splash of olive oil.
- Put in half the vegetables and sweat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Add 3 squashed garlic cloves, 12 sage leaves, and 8 peppercorns, mix well, and return the shoulder of lamb to the casserole dish.
- Pour in 1 1/4 cups of red wine and reduce by half. Then add 1 1/4 cups of chicken stock, cover the casserole dish with a lid, and put in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, basting the shoulder from time to time.
- Take out the casserole dish. Remove the shoulder, wrap it in aluminium foil, and keep warm. Keep the casserole dish on hand.
- Prepare the pearl barley
- Shortly before the end of cooking the lamb, put 3/4 cup of pearl barley to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat another casserole dish with a splash of olive oil, put in the rest of the vegetables, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Drain the pearl barley and add to the vegetables. Stir, season with salt, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take a ladleful of the cooking liquid from the lamb casserole dish and pour it into the barley casserole dish. Let it swell with the liquid and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, adding more of the liquid as and when it is absorbed.
- Peel 12 fresh almonds and add them at the end of cooking with a splash of olive oil. Stir and check the seasoning.
- To finish your dish
- Cut the shoulder into large pieces and return them to their casserole dish. Add the contents of the other casserole dish and a generous twist of freshly ground black pepper and serve in the casserole dish.
SLOW COOKER LAMB STEW
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and onions. Cook until lamb is brown and onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, potatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, beer, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, and pepper; stir to combine and close slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 7 hours. Add peas and cook an additional 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.2 calories, Carbohydrate 45.6 g, Cholesterol 64.3 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 8.2 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1053.1 mg, Sugar 14.5 g
More about "crock pot lamb and barley stew recipes"
CROCK POT LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 147Calories 870 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner, Soup
LENTIL BARLEY STEW SLOW COOKER - ARABPRINTMEDIA.COM
SLOW COOKER LAMB STEW - EASY CROCKPOT LAMB STEW RECIPE
SLOW COOKER MUSHROOM BARLEY STEW - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER ALL®
CROCK POT LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
LAMB AND PEARL BARLEY STEW / SOUP RECIPE AND VIDEO - EAT SIMPLE …
TRADITIONAL SLOW COOKER IRISH LAMB STEW RECIPE
10 BEST LAMB STEW CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT LAMB AND BARLEY STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CROCK POT RECIPES LAMB STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LAMB AND BARLEY BROTH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER BEEF-AND-BARLEY STEW RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
EASY LAMB SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LAMB STEW (IRISH) IN A SLOW COOKER RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND …
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BARLEY STEW RECIPE - CLEAN EATING MAG
SLOW COOKER BEEF BARLEY STEW - A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
42+ BEST HEALTHY SLOW COOKER RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
10 BEST LAMB STEW CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT LAMB AND BARLEY STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SLOW …
SLOW COOKER LAMB STEW - MAGIC SKILLET
BEST CROCK-POT LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE NEST
SLOW COOKER LAMB STEW
CROCK POT BARLEY STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LAMB SHANKS WITH BARLEY - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CROCK POT BRAISED LAMB SHANKS WITH BARLEY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
IMPERFECT & FABULOUS: CROCKPOT LAMB & BARLEY STEW - BLOGGER
LAMB BARLEY STEW RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
24 IDEAS FOR LAMB AND BARLEY STEW - HOME, FAMILY, STYLE AND ART …
CROCK POT LAMB STEW WITH BARLEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST COOKING CARROT RECIPES: CROCK POT LAMB AND BARLEY STEW
HEALTHY MUSHROOM SOUP CROCK POT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CROCK POT LAMB AND BARLEY STEW RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CROCK POT LAMB STEW - DELISHABLY
SLOW COOKER LAMB AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE BEEF AND BARLEY STEW IN THE CROCKPOT
BEST SLOW COOKER LAMB STEW RECIPE [VIDEO] - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
BACK TO BASICS LAMB STEW (CROCK POT) RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CROCK POT LAMB STEW WITH BARLEY - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #lamb-sheep #stews #grains #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #one-dish-meal #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment
You'll also love