HOT-AND-CRUNCHY CHICKEN CONES WITH MANGO/JALAPENO SLAW
Recipe by Courtney Swenson - the Cones have become famous for chicken coated in an ingenious mix of cornflakes, slivered almonds and sesame seeds, then wrapped in a tortilla with Mango/Jalapeno slaw and spicy ancho "paint" From: Pairing of the Day: January 2010. Judge's Choice: Best New Chicken Dishes, Published in January 2010. :) Serve with Full-Bodied, fruity Chardonnay 2007 Columbia Crest H3.
Provided by Manami
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- MAKE MANGO/JALAPENO SLAW:.
- In a saucepan, combine the mango, jalapenos, vinegar, sugar, water and shallot.
- Cover and simmer until the mango is softened, 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mango mixture to a food processor and puree; scrape into a large bowl.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- MAKE THE CHICKEN CONES::
- Wipe out the food processor.
- Add the cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper and salt and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a large, shallow bowl.
- In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk.
- Fill a third shallow bowl with flour.
- Dredge the chicken strips in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip them in the eggs, then roll them in the cornflake mixture.
- Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil.
- Working in batches, fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown, 6 minutes; transfer to the rack.
- Set the fried chicken on the tortillas and top with the mango/jalapeno slaw.
- Roll up and eat right away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 919.6, Fat 43.7, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 228.5, Sodium 2734.2, Carbohydrate 87.6, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 27.6, Protein 46.2
CRUNCHY CHICKEN CONES
- Mango Slaw: In saucepan: mango, jalapenos, vinegar, sugar, water, shallot. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, until mango is softened. Transfer mango mixture into blender and puree. Stir in mayo, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the coleslaw and toss. Chicken: In blender: cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper and salt. Place into a shallow bowl. (Bowl #1) Whisk eggs with milk. (Bowl #2) Flour. (Bowl #3) Flour. Eggs. Cornflakes. In skillet: .25" oil, fry chicken moderately high heat, about 6 minutes. Place chicken on tortilla, add slaw and roll.
HOT AND CRUNCHY CHICKEN CONES
- 1.Mango Slaw: In a saucepan combine the mango, japs, vinegar, sugar, water and shallot. Cover and simmer until the mango is softened, 10 mins 2. Transfer the mango mixture to food processor and puree, scrape into a lg bowl. Cool slightly. Stir in mayo, sourcream cilantro, garlic and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and refridgerate 3. Make the cones: Wipe out food processor, add cornflakes, almonds, seasame seeds, sugar, red pepper and salt, pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large shallow bowl. In second shallow bowl whisk eggs with milk. Fill the third shallow bowl with flour. Dredge the chicken strips in flour and shake off any escess.Dip them in eggs then roll in cornflake mixture. 4. Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. In a lg skillet heat quarter inch of oil. Working in batches fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown, 6 mins and transfer to rack. Set the fried chicken on the tortillas and top with the mango slaw. Roll up and eat right away.
More about "crunchy chicken cones recipes"
You'll also love