ROPA VIEJA (CUBAN BEEF)
This Cuban braised beef dish literally translates to 'old clothes,' because apparently some people thought the fall-apart meat and colorful strips of onions and peppers, tangled together, looked like old, tattered clothing. You'll love this dish if you're into big, bold flavors, since there's nothing subtle about the seasoning here. Delicious served with beans, rice, and plantain chips. Garnish with more cilantro.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Cut flank steak in half across the grain. Mix salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Season both sides generously with the salt mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over high heat. Add steaks and cook until outsides are well browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove steaks to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add red onion, garlic, and more of the salt seasoning. Cook and stir until starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cloves, and allspice. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in white wine, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to the pot. Season with salt and add bay leaves. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until beef is almost fork-tender, not falling apart, about 2 hours.
- Remove pot from heat and let stew cool to room temperature, at least 45 minutes. Refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight, for best results.
- Remove beef to a plate and set stew over medium heat. Tear beef along the grain into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-wide shreds; place back in the stew. Add bell peppers, poblanos, smoked paprika, capers, olives, and sugar. Stir together and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until peppers are soft and meat is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove bay leaves, and stir in cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Carbohydrate 10.4 g, Cholesterol 27.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 11.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1275 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
CUBAN MOJO POT ROAST
Cuban Mojo Pot Roast is a fresh take on a hearty dinner. Chuck roast slow cooked in a zesty garlicky citrus sauce until tender with potatoes and carrots.
Provided by Sabrina Snyder
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic until combined. Set aside.
- Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, and pepper.
- Add the canola oil to a pan and heat. When it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add carrots, potatoes, orange juice mixture, bay leaves, and beef broth and cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
- If you want a thicker sauce, 30 minutes before it is done skim the fat off the top, add a cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water) to the pot and cook for remaining 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 29 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Sodium 793 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SHREDDED SLOW COOKER CUBAN BEEF
- Cut roast into 4 quarters and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place a large cast iron pan over high heat and coat with olive oil; heat until smoking. Place meat in the hot pan and turn to sear on all sides until a crust forms, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer seared meat to a slow cooker.
- Add bitter orange marinade, garlic marinade, onion, garlic, and cumin to the slow cooker. Make sure meat is mostly covered in marinade.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours; shred meat in the slow cooker using tongs or a fork. Continue cooking on Low for another 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add additional salt or cumin if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 798.5 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
CUBAN ROAST BEEF
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients to make a stuffing.
- Make an incision 1 1/2" to 2" deep along the length of the roast.
- Stuff the stuffing into the incision.
- Salt and pepper the roast.
- Brown the roast on all sides in bacon fat in a large heavy casserole Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Check once or twice to make sure that the liquid is not boiling away.
- Add water or unsalted stock as necessary.
CUBAN-STYLE POT ROAST
This super tasty and super easy pot roast is made in a slow cooker. This delicious recipe was found in the Southeast Parent magazine and is from Delores Kosteini.
Provided by CarolAT
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper in a shallow container or on wax paper. Roll beef in seasoned flour. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium; brown meat on all sides. Transfer meat to slow cooker, cover.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add onions and garlic and cook 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in remaining cumin to coat onions and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and crush larger pieces. Bring to boil; stir in tomato paste, red wine and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and stir. Pour mixture over beef. Cover and cook on low 8 hours; turn after 4 hours if possible.
- Remove beef from sauce to platter and tent with foil. Turn cooker heat to high and cook 10 to 15 minutes to reduce sauce. Remove bay leaf. Slice meat and spoon some sauce over meat before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.3, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 80.7, Sodium 406.1, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 5.6, Protein 31.7
More about "cuban beef roast recipe 45"
CUBAN BEEF STEW (ROPA VIEJA) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (19)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 432 per serving
INSTANT POT CUBAN-STYLE SHREDDED BEEF - AMEE'S …
BOLICHE - CUBAN POT ROAST RECIPE - MY BIG FAT CUBAN …
KETO LATIN AMERICAN POT ROAST - LOW CARB - I BREATHE …
CUBAN RECIPES | SHREDDED BEEF
BOLICHE CUBANO – CUBAN-STYLE STUFFED BEEF ROAST
CUBAN SHREDDED BEEF (SLOW COOKER) RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
CUBAN-STYLE SHREDDED BEEF - BEEF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
CUBAN CRISPY SHREDDED BEEF - BEEF LOVING TEXANS
CUBAN STYLE BEEF RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
MUSCULAR STRENGTH - RECIPES
CUBAN ROAST BEEF RECIPE | RECIPELAND
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 1Calories 377 per serving
24 BEST CUBAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CUBAN PORK ROAST RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CUBAN PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MAIN DISHES | CUBAN RECIPES
CUBAN BEEF CASSEROLE WITH BLACK BEANS AND CUMIN RICE RECIPE
8 TRADITIONAL CUBAN RECIPES FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY - TINYBEANS
CUBAN ROAST BEEF - BIGOVEN.COM
CUBAN BEEF ROAST WITH SUMMER VEGETABLES | SAVING DINNER …
CUBAN BEEF DISHES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VACA FRITA (CUBAN SHREDDED BEEF) - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
CUBAN CRISPY SHREDDED BEEF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
CUBAN BRAISED BEEF POT ROAST, ROPA VIEJA - BARIATRIC EATING
CUBAN CUISINE: BEEF ROUND EYE ROUND ROAST (BOLICHE).
CUBAN MOJO ROAST RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CUBAN BEEF CASSEROLE WITH CORN-SCALLION BISCUIT TOPPING RECIPE
CUBAN BEEF RECIPES - COOK2EATWELL
CUBAN CRISPY SHREDDED BEEF - WYBEEF.COM
CUBAN-STYLE SHREDDED BEEF - WASHINGTON STATE BEEF COMMISSION
RECIPES > BEEF > HOW TO MAKE CUBAN ROAST BEEF
BOLICHE (CUBAN STUFFED BEEF ROAST) RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
CUBAN PORK ROAST RECIPE - DISCOVER.GRASSLANDBEEF.COM
CUBAN SHREDDED BEEF | PALEO LEAP
SOPA DE RES (CUBAN-STYLE BEEF SOUP) - COOK2EATWELL
CUBAN BEEF ROAST RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST SLOW COOKER CUBAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CUBAN STYLE SLOW ROASTED MARINATED PORK - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CUBAN PORK BUTT ROAST RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CUBAN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a Cuban style pot roast?A Cuban style pot roast recipe we use at the fire house. Lay the eye of round roast on your work surface. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut a pocket by inserting the knife all the way through the center of the roast, beginning on the flat side.
How do you cook a beef roast in a crock pot?Return the roast to the pot. Add the bay leaves, sherry, beef broth, and reserved marinade. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 2 hours.
How to cook a beef chuck roast in a Dutch oven?Directions. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Place the roast in the Dutch oven and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove roast to a platter, and set aside. Stir in the onions; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Return the roast to the pot.
How to cook a roast in the oven?Stuff the stuffing into the incision. Salt and pepper the roast. Brown the roast on all sides in bacon fat in a large heavy casserole Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender. Check once or twice to make sure that the liquid is not boiling away.