CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE
FAST, EASY and DELICIOUS! Mix up this salad with the next big SUPERFOOD, chayote squash. It's tasty and healthy You can make it ahead of time in just 20 minutes!
Provided by Myra
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook bacon* and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Mince onion and put it in a bowl of cool water to reduce the onion bite. Set aside for a few minutes. Drain before using and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Dice chayote into bite sized pieces, shred cheese.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy! :)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 287 mg, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHAYOTE AND AVOCADO SALAD
In Mexico and other parts of the world, chayote is usually chopped and cooked until tender. But you can skip the cooking and toss it thinly sliced with avocado, radish and your favorite dressing for a crisp refreshing salad.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Try chayote (chi-OH-tay), a mild Mexican squash that looks like a green pear: Whisk the juice of 2 limes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch each of sugar and salt in a bowl. Thinly slice 1 peeled chayote, 1 avocado and 4 radishes; gently toss with the dressing.
- Toss together in a bowl. Turn out onto a platter and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.;
CUBAN CHICKEN SALAD
- Place the chicken in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold salted water. Place the pan over high heat, and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until chicken turns opaque, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water; set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut into 1/8-inch dice, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan; cover with cold salted water. Place pan over high heat, and bring water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from water; set aside to cool. Peel, cut into fine dice, and add to the chicken.
- Add the diced red pepper, eggs, onion, peas, and cilantro to the chicken mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise, and mix until combined.
- Place about 1 tablespoon salad on top of each aranita. Garnish with julienned red peppers and cilantro leaves, and serve.
CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD
- Boil chayotes until tender, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cut into 1" cubes.
- Mix the rest of ingredients and pour over cubed chayote.
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Serve over lettuce. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.6, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 105.8, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 3.8, Protein 1.7
- Combine chayote, chile pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in large bowl.
- Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro springs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.3, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 4.5, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 2.8, Protein 1.4
EASY CUBAN SALAD
This refreshing salad relies on a few ingredients and the addition of a brightly flavored citrus dressing.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a 1-pint container or jar with tight-fitting lid. Tightly close the lid and shake until the ingredients are well blended. Refrigerate until ready to toss with the salad, or up to 3 days.
- Combine chopped romaine, tomato wedges, sliced radishes, sliced red onion, and chopped avocado in a large bowl. Add as much dressing as you like, and toss all ingredients. Refrigerate unused salad dressing.
- Serve dressed, tossed salads on individual salad plates.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 299.9 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
ENSALATA DE CHAYOTE (CHAYOTE SALAD)
- Using swivel-bladed paring knife, peel chayotes. Split in half and put in kettle with water to cover and salt to taste. Bring to boil and let simmer about 15 minutes or until just tender when pierced with fork. Drain and run briefly under cold water. Drain again. The seeds are edible.
- Cut each half crosswise. Cut the halves lengthwise into quarter-inch-thick slices. There should be five cups or slightly less.
- Put mustard, vinegar and oil in salad bowl. Blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chayotes and remaining ingredients. Blend well and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 145, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 568 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Cuban salads typically are refreshing, yet uncomplicated, and they're always a nice addition to what often can be a heavy Cuban meal. Served with a loaf of crusty Cuban bread isn't a bad idea either!
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine romaine, tomatoes, avocados, onion, and black beans in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Whisk lime juice, honey, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. While constantly whisking, stream in the olive oil until dressing is well combined.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad, toss, taste, and add more dressing if desired. If there's any extra dressing, refrigerate for later use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Fat 43.7 g, Fiber 16.1 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 384.7 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
More about "cuban chayote salad recipes"
PICKLED CHAYOTE SQUASH WITH CARROT SALAD RECIPE
CUBAN CABBAGE SALAD - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
PICKLED CHAYOTE SALAD - THE WASHINGTON POST
BRAZILIAN CHAYOTE "XUXU" SALAD - LATINO FOODIE
CHAYOTE SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
THE PERFECT QUICK AND EASY CHAYOTE SALAD - CARIBBEAN …
CHAYOTE AND ZUCCHINI SQUASH SALAD RECIPE - MEXICAN …
10 BEST CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEALTHY CHAYOTE TUNA SALAD RECIPE | LATINA MOM MEALS
CHEF IRIE'S CHAYOTE SALAD - TASTE THE ISLANDS
CHAYOTE SALAD (SALADA DE CHUCHU) BRAZIL RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SALADS | CUBAN RECIPES
CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SALAD RECIPES, …
CUBAN RECIPES | CUBAN SALAD
THAI CHAYOTE SALAD - THE BLURRY LIME
14 TRADITIONAL CUBAN SIDE DISHES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST CUBAN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRUNCHY RAW CHAYOTE SALAD - POPPYS WILD KITCHEN
CHAYOTE SQUASH SALAD - TASTE OF BEIRUT
CHAYOTE SALAD WITH BROCCOLI AND CUCUMBER, DELICIOUS FOR DINNERTIME
CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE | ENSALADA DE CHAYOTES | MEXICAN FOOD …
CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE, EAT RIGHT, NHLBI, NIH
RECIPE CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD - YOUTUBE
CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPE FOR CHAYOTE SALAD - EASY RECIPES
VEGETARIAN RECIPES AROUND THE WORLD - CUBAN CHAYOTE SALAD
SALADE DE CHRISTOPHINES (CHAYOTE SALAD) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHAYOTE, CELERY AND CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD | METRO
10 BEST CHAYOTE SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
SALADA DE CHUCHU (CHAYOTE SALAD) - SABOR BRASIL
CHAYOTE SUMMER SALAD - CHALLA-PEñO
CHAYOTE SQUASH SALAD (SALADA DE CHUCHU) | EMERILS.COM
CHAYOTE AND POTATO SALAD | RICARDO
CHAYOTE EGG SALAD - LATINA MOM MEALS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #salads #vegetables #caribbean #easy #central-american #vegan #vegetarian #salad-dressings #cuban #dietary #squash
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is your favorite way to make chayote salad?Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Dice chayote into bite sized pieces, shred cheese. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir well to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. *I like to cook bacon in the microwave with a dish like this (it's very hands-off and not messy at all).
What can I do with chayote squash?Whisk up your mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and set it aside for a few minutes to let the flavours meld. Wash and cube the chayote squash (I found some of my cubes were a little big, so feel free to go a bit smaller when you do yours), shred cheddar cheese, crumble cooked bacon, drain the minced onion and pat it dry with a paper towel.
What is a good salad to serve with Cuban food?Cuban salads typically are refreshing, yet uncomplicated, and they're always a nice addition to what often can be a heavy Cuban meal. Served with a loaf of crusty Cuban bread isn't a bad idea either! Combine romaine, tomatoes, avocados, onion, and black beans in a large bowl; toss to combine.
What is chayote and how is it made?Chayote is a fruit from the Cucurbitaceae family. It grows on a tropical vine. In my mind, the closest thing to compare it to is a zucchini, but the texutre is crunchier and it’s a bit sweeter. It’s used around the world in a large variety of cuisines, but is especially popular in Mexico and Latin America.