ROASTED EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: medium eggplants, olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, coconut oil, medium white onion, chili powder, ground cardamom, smoked paprika, ground coriander, ground turmeric, garlic, ginger, roma tomatoes, coconut milk, water, cooked rice, fresh cilantro
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Slice the tops off the eggplants, then slice them in half lengthwise. Cut each half once more lengthwise. Lay the slices on their flat sides and cut lengthwise into thirds. Finally, slice horizontally to form cubes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over high hat. Add the onions, stir for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cardamom, and smoked paprika. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the ground coriander, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, turmeric, garlic, and ginger. Cook for a few minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, water, and the roasted eggplant.
- Bring the curry to a simmer, then reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. The sauce should reduce and thicken slightly.
- Serve the curry warm over rice, topped with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 11 grams
BAINGAN BHARTA (EGGPLANT CURRY)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and chop.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in cumin seeds and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, curry powder, and tomato into the saucepan, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Mix in eggplant and jalapeno pepper, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 10 minutes over high heat. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 1.8 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 739.4 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
- Toss eggplant with 1 teaspoon salt in a colander set over a bowl, then let drain 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant, then drain, pressing gently on eggplant to extract any excess liquid.
- While eggplant drains, mash garlic, ginger, and jalapeño to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt using a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a large heavy knife and transfer to a cup), then stir in mustard and cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add spice paste and cinnamon stick, then reduce heat to moderate and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in water, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender but not falling apart, 20 to 25 minutes. Season eggplant with additional salt.
- Discard cinnamon stick and serve eggplant sprinkled with cilantro and cashews.
CURRIED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) DIP
This recipe was developed out of a need to use up eggplant that are going nuts out in my garden. We love Indian food and this was inspired by a spiced eggplant we eat with our favorite curry.
Provided by MacChef
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prick eggplants and roast for 35-40 minutes until colapsed and wrinkled. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan and add onion over medium heat and cook 3-4 minutes. Add next 6 ingredients and saute until onions are soft and mixture is fragrant.
- Pour mixture in food processor and cool slightly. Add yogurt, cilantro and tomato paste and process until smooth.
- Remove the pulp from the roasted eggplant and put into processor and process until smooth. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Process again for 30 seconds. Serve hot, cold or room temp with pita chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.3, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 25.7, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 4.5, Protein 2.2
CURRIED (AUBERGINE) EGGPLANT
You can use either Chinese or Japanese eggplants. Both varieties have purple skin, along, slender shape, and small seeds. Good served with steamed basmati or jasmine rice. The recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Toss eggplant with 1 teaspoon salt in a colander set over a bowl, then let drain 30 minutes; Rinse eggplant, then drain, pressing gently on eggplant to extract any excess liquid.
- While eggplant drains, mash garlic, ginger, and jalapeno to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt, using a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a large heavey knife and transfer to a cup), Then stir in mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart heavy pot, over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add spice paste and cinnamon stick, then reduce heat to moderate and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and cook, stirring until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes; Stir in water, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender, BUT NOT falling apart, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season eggplant with more salt IF needed, discard cinnamon stick and serve eggplant sprinkled with cilantro and cashews.
People also searched
More about "curried aubergine eggplant recipes"
EGGPLANT CURRY - BAINGAN MASALA RESTAURANT STYLE - GLEBE ...
4.9/5 (9)Category SideCuisine IndianCalories 310 per serving
- Pick a skillet that can take heat. Something with an insulated handle is good. Put on some shabby clothes. Cooking Indian restaurant style is messy stuff.
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH CURRIED YOGURT AND POMEGRANATE
3.8/5 (4)Servings 4Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Appetizer, Main Course
- Peel the eggplant in alternating strips. Cut into 3/4"-1" thick slices. Place slices in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Lay slices on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with 1 teaspoon curry powder, turmeric, lime juice and zest and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the onions. Saute' for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until caramelized and golden brown, lowering heat as needed to prevent burning. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder and the almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes to toast the almonds.
JAMAICAN STYLE EGGPLANT CURRY - HEALTHIER STEPS
Ratings 2Category Main CourseCuisine JamaicanTotal Time 35 mins
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic, green onions, Scotch bonnet pepper, and thyme. Cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant and cook to stir to coat. Add water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer until eggplant is tender, about 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.
STUFFED CURRIED AUBERGINES | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Servings 6Calories 221 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Peel the onion, garlic and ginger, place in a food processor with the coriander stalks and chillies (deseed if you like), and whiz to a fine paste.Put the spices and curry leaves into a 25cm x 35cm roasting tray on a low heat with 2 tablespoons of oil and fry for 1 minute, or until smelling fantastic, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the peanut butter, mango chutney and tamarind paste, season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then scrape into a bowl, adding a splash of water to loosen to a paste, if needed.Leaving them intact at the stalk, prick the whole aubergines all over with a fork, cut into quarters lengthways, rub and stuff them generously with all the paste, then arrange them in the tray (if using regular aubergines, simply trim then cut into 1cm-thick rounds and sandwich the paste between them).
EGGPLANT CURRY - SOUTH INDIAN BRINJAL CURRY | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (74)Category Curries, MainsCuisine IndianCalories 250 per serving See details »
SPICED AUBERGINE & COCONUT CURRY | VEGETABLE RECIPES ...
Servings 4Total Time 35 minsCategory MainsCalories 305 per serving
- Quarter and add the aubergines and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, tossing well to colour them all over.
- Set aside. Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic, then peel and very finely slice the white onion (use a mandolin if you have one).Add the rest of the oil to the pan, tip in the cumin and mustard seeds and fry until they begin to pop.
- Lower the heat slightly, add the curry leaves and dried chillies and continue to cook until the leaves are crisp and translucent.
AUBERGINE (EGGPLANT) AND CHICKPEA CURRY - LOVE FOOD NOURISH
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 299 per serving
- Dice onion into small pieces, crush the garlic cloves, grate the ginger and chop the chilies into very small pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices and salt to the pan, cook for about 40 seconds until the spices are mixed through the onion, garlic, and chillies.
- Chop eggplant into small cubes. Add the diced eggplant and chickpeas and stir through the spices until evenly coated, add more oil if needed. Cook for about 1 minute.
AMAZING AUBERGINE CURRY (EGGPLANT CURRY) | VEGAN & DELICIOUS
Ratings 108Calories 459 per servingCategory Mains
- Cut the aubergine into small cubes. Fry in a large pan with the olive oil on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir well so it doesn’t burn.
- In the meantime dice the onion and throw it in too. Put it back to a medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes.
THE BEST EGGPLANT CURRY (AUBERGINE CURRY) - LIVE EAT LEARN
Cuisine IndianTotal Time 45 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 586 per serving
- Eggplant: Cut the eggplant into bite-sized cubes. Heat oil in a large pot or pan, then add cubed eggplant. Cook until eggplant begins to brown and become soft, about 5 minutes.
- Flavor: Add the shallot and garlic to the pan, continuing to cook until shallot is soft and fragrant, another 2 minutes.
DELICIOUS AUBERGINE CURRY (VEGETARIAN INDIAN EGGPLANT ...
Cuisine Indian, KeralaCategory Dinner, MainServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- First roast the eggplants. Either pan roast then in plenty of vegetable oil or in a 200C (400F) oven covered in vegetable oil until the flash side is golden brown and the flesh is soft but not mushy. Remove the eggplant from the pan.
- Add about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (and optionally a tbsp of ghee) to the pan and gently saute the onions until they begin to turn light brown.
- Add the mustard seeds, fennel seeds, curry leaves, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, garlic and ginger to the oil and temper them for about a minute until they are fragrant.
EASY EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE (BAINGAN BHARTA)
4.3/5 (3)Published 2018-06-17Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
SRI LANKAN EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 See details »
CREAMY AUBERGINE CURRY - QUICK & EASY VEGETARIAN RECIPES
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 554 per serving
- Preheat the Oven to 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F. Trim the aubergine and dice it into 2cm pieces. Arrange the aubergine pieces on the baking tray, drizzle olive oil, and season with salt & pepper. Toss to coat and bake for 20 -25 minutes until golden in the edges and soft in the middle.
- Toss the diced mushrooms with oil, salt & pepper. Arrange in the baking tray and bake for 15- 20 minutes. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, ginger garlic, turmeric and cook for 4-5 mins, until softened.
BEGUNER BIRINCHI | BENGALI EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE ...
Cuisine BengaliTotal Time 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 219 per serving
- Cut the top off the eggplants. Now cut them in thick slices lengthwise. Rub some salt & turmeric powder on them
- Now, heat some mustard oil and fry the eggplant slices till they get a lovely brown char on each sides. Take them out once done.
- Now in the same pan, heat some more oil and temper it with nigella seeds and hing. As they splutter, add the tomato puree and fry.
- Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder and red chili powder when it reduces in quantity. Give it a good mix. Now, add around ¼ cup of water and stir.
INDIAN AUBERGINE/EGGPLANT, PEANUT AND TOMATO CURRY
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
EGGPLANT RECIPES INDIAN : FRIED EGGPLANT SLICES WITHOUT ...
See details »
EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
CURRIED AUBERGINE EGGPLANT - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
AUBERGINE AND COURGETTE CURRY RECIPES
See details »
CURRIED AUBERGINE EGGPLANT - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
EGGPLANT CURRY RECIPE - EASY INDIAN VEGAN MASALA AUBERGINE ...
See details »
BAINGAN KA BHARTA | VEGAN EGGPLANT CURRY | ROASTED ...
See details »
You'll also love