- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Gently fry salmon pieces until easily flaked with a fork, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and ginger; fry until golden, about 7 minutes. Add cumin, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add tomatoes; cook until they start to reduce, about 5 minutes. Add water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Return salmon to the pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.5 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 105.7 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
THAI SALMON CURRY
I made this up being hungry for salmon but not wanting to do the familiar teriyaki routine. The results were delicious and also used up some hot peppers that were ready on my plants. And you can't believe how quick and easy this is to prepare! The hardest part is steaming the rice!
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove the skin from the fillets (discarding skin) and cut the fish into medium/large cubes (about 1-inch size).
- Place the coconut milk into a large saute pan and add ginger, sugar, fish sauce, curry paste, and lime juice.
- Use a whisk to blend it until it is smooth.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the fish.
- Cook, turning fish gently to cook all sides as it cooks, for 5-7 minutes (depending on size of cubes or how well done you like your fish).
- Sprinkle curry with chopped basil and cilantro.
- Serve garnished with minced Thai bird chiles, if you like, but remember that these are very hot, and you might want to taste one small thin ring (preferably with some food) before adding a lot of them to your serving.
- Ladle into bowls over steamed jasmine rice.
Until our daughter shared this recipe, my husband and I swore we didn't like salmon. But after one taste of this grilled version, we were converts!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic powder, curry powder, lemon-pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. , Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICY COCONUT-SALMON CURRY
This easy riff on a Thai staple gets big flavor from four basic ingredients: curry paste, coconut milk, yellow bell pepper, and bok choy. It's even heartier ladled over short-grain brown rice or Asian noodles.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add curry paste; cook 1 minute. Add coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a simmer. Add bell pepper and cover; cook 10 minutes. Add bok choy, cover, and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 minutes more.
- Season salmon with salt; add to curry. Remove pan from heat and cover. Let stand until salmon is just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Gently break up salmon into large pieces. Serve, with lime wedges.
GRILLED CURRIED SALMON
"This grilled salmon has a wonderful flavor from the simple seasonings," says Carma Blosser. "It is actually the only way I like salmon."-Carma Blosser, Livermore, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon-pepper, garlic powder and curry powder. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. , In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade., Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Fat 25g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 1222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 36g protein.
RED THAI SALMON CURRY
Make this as spicy as you like and experiment with different veg. It will soon become a last minute favourite
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the curry paste. Stir in the onion, then cook gently for about 5 mins until softened. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the salmon chunks and beans.
- Leave to gently simmer for 5 mins until the fish flakes easily and the beans are tender. Scatter with the coriander or basil, and serve with plain rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Sodium 0.46 milligram of sodium
PAN-FRIED SALMON IN CURRY CREAM SAUCE
- Combine cream, curry powder, lemon juice, and ginger in a skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and slide salmon into the cream. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Flip 1 to 2 times while cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.7 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 130.2 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 152.3 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
More about "curry salmon recipes"
SALMON CURRY - DETOXINISTA
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 520 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and sauté the onion and red bell peper until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, and curry power, and stir briefly, just until fragrant, about 1 more minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, water, salt, and spinach, and stir until the spinach wilts and the coconut milk starts to simmer.
- Place the salmon (I add it with the skin on-- it's easy to remove later!) directly in the simmering coconut milk, sprinkle a little extra salt over the top of each salmon filet, and then cover with a lid. Cook at a gentle simmer on medium-low heat, until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness. I like to use a meat thermometer to make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF in the thickest part of the fish.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked salmon, so you can peel off the skin. The cooked fish should flake off very easily from the skin, and then you can add the cooked salmon back into the curry sauce.
KERALA SALMON CURRY | MY HEART BEETS
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCuisine Indian
- When the onions turn golden, add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for a couple minutes and then add the spices. Mix everything together, add the water and the kodampuli.
- Bring everything to a low boil and then add the salmon. After a couple minutes, gently flip the fish. After another two minutes, add the coconut milk.
5 INGREDIENT RED CURRY SALMON - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
5/5 (13)Calories 428 per servingCategory Mains
- Heat coconut oil lin a large saute pan (large enough to fit the salmon fillet or pieces) over medium heat. After about 30 seconds, add red curry paste and pinch of salt. Stir, continuously, for 45 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.Add coconut milk and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and immediately add salmon skin side up.Cook for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness), spooning sauce over the fish periodically. Once fish is cooked to your preference, remove from pan and set aside.
- Return sauce to medium heat and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking or stirring frequently.Remove from heat, stir in fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and lime juice.Serve salmon with red curry sauce spooned over top and top with sliced scallions. Enjoy!
KID-FRIENDLY SALMON CURRY - CAROLINE'S COOKING
5/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 466 per serving
- To make the spice paste, roughly dice the tomato, peeled garlic and onion. Put them in a small food processor or blender along with the ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Blend until smooth. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated (as can the diced salmon).
- When ready to cook, warm the oil in a medium skillet/frying pan over a medium heat and add the spice paste. Cook for a couple minutes until it darkens a little and bubbles.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer then reduce the heat. Add the salmon and allow it to cook in the sauce. Don't stir too much to avoid breaking up the fish.
CURRY SPICE BAKED SALMON - NOURISH EVERY DAY
5/5 (1)Total Time 17 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 280 per serving
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and line a small baking tray with a piece of baking paper. Rub the teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil over the paper to stop the salmon sticking.
- In a small bowl or a mug, combine the coconut yoghurt, all of the spices and the salt and pepper until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking tray. If the salmon is skin-on, make sure the skin is facing down. Cover the top and sides of the salmon evenly with the spiced yoghurt mixture.
- Bake the salmon fillets for approximately 15 minutes, depending on thickness, until just tenderly cooked. Serve immediately, or you can also save for later and serve cold.
SALMON COCONUT CURRY (THAI INSPIRED) • SALT & LAVENDER
4.9/5 (16)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 458 per serving
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal pieces. Pat both sides dry with paper towel and season it with salt & pepper.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes. Prep your carrots and broccolini.
- Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 5 minutes. Flip it and cook for another 2-3 minutes (the fish should be almost done). If the fish is sticking at any point, give it a little longer to release naturally (don't force it).
- Take the salmon out of the pan and transfer it to a plate. If you don't want to eat the salmon skin, you can easily slide it off before adding the salmon back into the pan.
QUICK CURRY SALMON RECIPE - 15 MINUTE MEAL
5/5 (3)Total Time 12 minsCategory EntreesCalories 307 per serving
- Preheat the broiler and place the oven rack 6 inches from the heat. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, curry paste, lime juice and honey. Brush the curry sauce over the salmon fillets.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Serve.
COCONUT CURRY SALMON RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
4.9/5 (123)Calories 476 per servingCategory Dinner
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place one of the oven racks is close-ish to the top, about 6 inches or so.
- Mix the spices and the olive oil to make a paste. Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet. Rub the paste liberally over the top part of the salmon. Bake for 6-12 minutes (depends on salmon thickness and desired doneness – I usually opt for 8-10 minutes). See notes for potential broiling issues and alternative methods.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass; sauté for 5 minutes. Add brown sugar and curry paste; sauté for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk. Season with fish sauce and lime juice to taste. Add spinach; stir into the sauce until wilted.
BEST COCONUT CURRY SALMON RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 mins See details »
SALMON CURRY RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
Ratings 35Calories 543 per servingCategory Main See details »
ROASTED CURRY SALMON WITH TOMATOES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (286)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 509 per serving
- Nestle the salmon among the tomatoes. Season with the curry powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout and the tomatoes are soft, 15 to 18 minutes.
EASY SALMON CURRY - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
Ratings 35Calories 371 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course See details »
INDIAN SALMON CURRY (VIDEO+STEPS) | EASY SALMON CURRY ...
4.3/5 (6)Calories 410 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
SALMON CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPE | UNDER 30 MINUTES
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 287 per serving
- Place on heat and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- FOR TEMPERING: Add oil to a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add curry leaves. Add this to the finished curry.
EASY MASSAMAN SALMON OR STEELHEAD CURRY - A MEAL IN MIND
Reviews 27Servings 4Cuisine ThaiCategory Fish Main Dish
- Place the fish skin-side down into the heated oil and cook for 3 minutes. Carefully slide a spatula between the skin and the fish. Lift the fish out of the pan onto a clean plate. Remove the skin from the pan and the fish and discard, keeping as much fish oil and olive oil in the pan as possible.
- Return the heat to medium if the pan has cooled. Add the curry paste and sea salt. Stir, continuously, for 45 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
COCONUT CURRY SALMON - KAWALING PINOY
4.2/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main EntreeCalories 385 per serving
- In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger, chili peppers and cook until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with back of spoon, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook until slightly reduced and thickened. Add curry powder and stir until dissolved. Add fish and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
INDIAN SALMON CURRY WITH SAFFRON RICE - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (41)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
- Heat oil in skillet and add mustard seeds, let it splutter. Add the fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Pour vegetable broth into a medium-size pot and add butter (you will also need a tight-fitting lid). Place pot on the stove over high heat.
BANGLADESHI SALMON CURRY | BBC GOOD FOOD
5/5 (11)Servings 2Cuisine IndianTotal Time 20 mins See details »
THAI YELLOW CURRY SALMON - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
See details »
KERALA SALMON CURRY - A TASTY AND AROMATIC DINNER FOR THE ...
See details »
SALMON FISH CURRY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #salmon #fish #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make a salmon Curry?Add onions, garlic, and ginger; fry until golden, about 7 minutes. Add cumin, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add tomatoes; cook until they start to reduce, about 5 minutes. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Return salmon to the pan and reduce heat to low.
How to make coconut curry with fish sauce?Add the onion to the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes (should be getting lightly browned), then stir in the curry paste and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the fish sauce, coconut milk, sugar, carrots, and broccolini. Let it gently bubble for about 5 minutes or so.
Can you substitute coconut milk for salmon Curry?Coconut milk: To make the salmon creamy, I have added a bit of coconut milk. Feel free to skip it or substitute with poppy seeds milk or cashew milk. The curry tastes good even without any coconut milk. Curry base: The base of this curry is made from scratch by sauteing onions, garlic and tomatoes.
How do you make a coconut milk curry?Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add curry paste; cook 1 minute. Add coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a simmer. Add bell pepper and cover; cook 10 minutes.