CY'S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- Saute vegetables in 3 tablespoons butter.
- Make a white sauce of the seasonings, butter, flour, milk and cream. Cook until thick. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add lobster, crabmeat, shrimp, scallops and sole.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Add vegetables.
- Broil in oven until browned on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 817.8, Fat 50.6, SaturatedFat 30.4, Cholesterol 391.6, Sodium 1477.5, Carbohydrate 25.4, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 7.4, Protein 63.8
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE AS MADE BY BETSY'S GAMMY RECIPE BY TASTY
Take your taste buds on a trip to the East Coast with this creamy casserole from Betsy's grandmother. Get creative by using your favorite seafood, but if you decide to stick with shrimp and scallops, keep an eye on them, as they cook quickly. For extra crunch, don't over-pulse the bread crumbs. Serve the casserole with a light salad and watch as your guests gush over what's sure to be your new summer staple.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Spread the bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Let cool to room temperature. Leave the oven on.
- Add the toasted bread to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. You should have about 4 cups (460 G) of bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, the cheddar cheese, and 1 teaspoon of salt and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine 4 cups (960 ml) of white wine and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until bright pink, about 1 minute. Use a spider or slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a colander to drain.
- Return the wine to a boil. Add the scallops and cook until just opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a colander to drain.
- Chop the shrimp and scallops into bite-size pieces. Transfer to large bowl, along with the crab and 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss to combine.
- In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, the flour, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, lemon juice, ketchup, remaining tablespoon of white wine, and remaining teaspoon of salt.
- Brush the remaining tablespoon of melted butter in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- Scatter the artichokes in an even layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Scoop the seafood mixture over the artichokes. Pour the sauce over the seafood. Top with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Top with chives and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 842 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 6 grams
NB SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- In a slarge skillet, saute onions and celery in the 3 tbsp butteruntil soft. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in flour.
- In a saucepan, bring milk just to a boil and mix into the sauteed mixture in the skillet.
- Add cheese is melted and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked seafood; stir well.
- Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle w/ paprika.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browning on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577, Fat 30.7, SaturatedFat 18.8, Cholesterol 212.7, Sodium 1154.9, Carbohydrate 24.5, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.8, Protein 49.5
A family favorite, this rice casserole is filled with plenty of seafood and veggies. It's hearty, homey and so easy to make. -Nancy Billups, Princeton, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°., In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, milk, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; stir into seafood mixture. Stir in rice., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the dry bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 40-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 calories, Fat 34g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 209mg cholesterol, Sodium 1045mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
CHRISTMAS SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet, and saute the onions and celery until tender.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat, and mix in the flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter until well blended. Gradually blend the cheese into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the onions and celery with the cheese sauce mixture. Toss in the crabmeat, lobster, shrimp, and scallops. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until the seafood is opaque and the surface is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 162 mg, Fat 23.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.5 g, Sodium 940 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
More about "cys seafood casserole recipes"
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FISH CASSEROLES AND SEAFOOD CASSEROLES: EVERY RECIPE ENDS WITH …
Author Christina PetersonFormat Paperback
RECIPE COLLECTION - CONNECTING ALBERT COUNTY
AZOREAN SEAFOOD CASSEROLE – LUCY'S KITCHEN OF RECIPES
CYS SEAFOOD CASSEROLE GOODY FOOD | SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES ...
MONCTON'S CY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT VINTAGE RECIPE BOOK ... - BRIAN …
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES FOOD NETWORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES THE BEST 10 - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE | RECIPES CATER
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
11 SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR TONIGHT'S DINNER | TASTE …
10 BEST BAKED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
NEW BRUNSWICK SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE - EAST COAST MERMAID
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CHINESE BUFFET SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - COPYKAT RECIPES
RECIPES | PENZEYS
10 BEST BAKED CHEESE SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 EASY SEAFOOD CASSEROLES FOR QUICK DINNERS - DISH ON FISH
MAGGIE MONDAY: SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP CASSEROLE | SEAFOOD …
HUMP DAY: CHEF SPERANZA’S GREAT CY’S LEGACY LIVES ONLINE
JANET’S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - EAT IT AND LIKE IT
CY'S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SEAFOOD …
CY'S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SEAFOOD …
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - CINDY'S TABLE AND PALEO RECIPE BOOK
50+ NEW ENGLAND SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE » RECIPESFORDINNER.US
LOW-CARB BAKED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY SO HEALTHY
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE WITH CHEESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 CY'S SEAFOOD RECEIPES IDEAS | SEAFOOD, VINTAGE RECIPES
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND CRABMEAT
10 SUPER SEAFOOD CASSEROLE IDEAS | SEAFOOD, SEAFOOD RECIPES, FISH …
SIMPLE SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE (LOW CARB, KETO, GF) - MY CRASH TEST LIFE
AN EASY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE PAULA DEEN - FOOD NEWS
CY’S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - CONNECTING ALBERT COUNTY
BAKED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE FROM LANA’S COOKING
HOW TO MAKE SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - BEST RECIPE | CHARLESTON …
WITH INGREDIENTS,NUTRITIONS,INSTRUCTIONS AND RELATED RECIPES
CY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT OLD FAVORITE RECIPES - PAGE 5 | SEAFOOD ...
RECIPE - SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - LCBO
WORLD BEST VEGETABLE RECIPES: CY'S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cy’s Seafood boil?Note: Adapted from the dish served at Cy’s Seafood Restaurant in Moncton. *The original recipe has no garlic; add as much garlic as you like. **Cy used processed cheese slices but Lucie and her mother use Balderson white old cheddar. Sauté onions and celery in butter, salt and pepper. Bring milk to a boil.
What is the best way to cook seafood casserole?DIRECTIONS 1 In a well-buttered 9"x13" baking dish, layer seafood in the order listed; cover with cheese. Mix together the Ritz... 2 Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve the casserole with a wedge of lemon. More ...
How do you make a seafood casserole with Ritz Crackers?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE In a well-buttered 9"x13" baking dish, layer seafood in the order listed; cover with cheese. Mix together the Ritz cracker crumbs, butter, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; spread over the cheese, covering top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve the casserole with a wedge of lemon.
Do You Remember Cy’s Seafood Restaurant in Moncton?Those of you who either grew up in Moncton or visited Moncton on a regular basis probably remember the old Cy’s Seafood Restaurant which existed on the site of the current Château Moncton. Enjoy this Cy’s recipe book from the 1960s / 1970s era.