FRUIT-STUFFED PORK LOIN
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix prunes, apricots, ginger, orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and cinnamon in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Open pork roast and spoon stuffing down the center; fold meat over stuffing and tie securely in several places with kitchen twine. Set roast onto a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon cumin, and mustard powder into a paste; spread brown sugar mixture over the roast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into center of stuffing reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil while you make gravy.
- Skim fat from roasting pan and transfer defatted drippings into a small saucepan. Pour 1/2 cup water into roasting pan and scrape up and dissolve any browned bits of food into water; pour into saucepan with pan juices. Bring pan juices to a boil over medium heat. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and whisk cornstarch mixture into pan juices, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Strain gravy into a gravy boat. Serve gravy with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.4 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 110.2 mg, Fat 20.1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 37.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 84.5 mg, Sugar 20.1 g
PORK LOIN STUFFED WITH DRIED FRUIT
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the raisins, prunes and apricots in a small bowl; pour in the brandy. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until hot, about 2 minutes. Set aside until the dried fruit is plump, at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and apple and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, sage, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until the garlic is softened, about 1 minute. Add the dried fruit?brandy mixture and cook until the skillet is dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer until the mixture is very soft and the skillet is almost dry, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Push the handle of a wooden spoon into the center of one end of the pork roast; work the handle through the length of the roast to create a tunnel, widening the tunnel with your fingers or a small paring knife until about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Stuff the dried fruit mixture into the tunnel, firmly pressing to make sure it?s packed into the pork roast. Rub the outside of the pork roast with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. If the pork has a skinny flap that runs along one side, tuck it under and tie kitchen twine around the pork in a few spots.
- Set a rack in a large roasting pan. Place the pork on the rack and roast until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 140 degrees F, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Let the pork rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.
ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH FRESH AND DRIED FRUIT
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle pork with 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork (cut to fit, if necessary) and sauté until brown, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer pork to plate. Add shallots to skillet and sauté until brown, about 4 minutes. Add apples, kumquats, and cranberries; stir until fruit mixture is heated through, about 1 minute. Add broth, wine, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Boil 1 minute. Return pork and any juices to skillet, turning to coat with sauce.
- Place skillet in oven and roast pork until thermometer inserted into center registers 145°F to 150°F, about 25 minutes. Transfer pork to platter; let stand 10 minutes. If thicker sauce is desired, boil juices in skillet until reduced enough to coat spoon. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Slice pork crosswise and spoon sauce over.
DADS DRIED FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN
- Reconstitute the dried fruit by simmering in 8 cups water. Cook the fruit gently until soft, about an hour. Add water if required during cooking. When the fruit is done, the liquid should be about ½ cup or so. Cut fruit into ¾ to ½ inch pieces. Add the fruit back to the liquid. Add 4 tablespoons butter, garlic, vinegar, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer five minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool. Strain, reserving juice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butterfly the tenderloins by slicing lengthwise down to ½ inch from the bottom through thickest part. Then at the bottom, slice left and right at a ninety degree angle to within ½ inch of sides. Open meat flat. Place fruit down the center of each piece of meat, enough to make about a ¾ inch "round rod" of fruit. Lay two slices of bacon on the fruit, tucking under fruit at ends. Bring up the meat sides to close. Place a slice of bacon over opening, centered between the ends. Wrap a slice of bacon around each end of tenderloin, the top ends overlapping the center slice. Tie roast at one inch intervals. In three tablespoons of oil, brown the meat in a cast iron frying pan. Place the pan in the oven with the opening side of the meat up and cook until done, 170 degrees on a meat thermometer. Baste occasionally with the pan juices. During cooking, remove any fruit pieces that do leak out if they start to burn. Remove meat to a resting plate. Add the reserved fruit juice, broth, and wine to the pan to make a sauce. Cook to reduce by ¼, scrapping up any brown bits from the bottom. Add ½ the remaining fruit. Simmer five minutes. Whisk in two tablespoons cold butter. Remove twine from meat. Place meat on a serving platter. Pour any juices in the resting plate in the sauce and stir. Slice meat at one inch intervals, keeping slices together and fanned out slightly. Spoon a little of the sauce over the meat. Surround the meat with the remaining fruit. Serve sauce on the side
DRIED FRUIT STUFFED PORK LOIN
- In a saucepan, combine apricots, figs and raisins over medium heat. Add apple juice and chicken broth. Add sage, butter, ginger, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the fruits are reconstituted and the liquid is reduced by half, about 25 minutes. Transfer the fruit mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until thick and smooth.
- Carve a tunnel through the center of the loin with a sharpening steel or wooden dowel. Widen the tunnel using your fingers. Inject the sauce into the opening using a pastry bag fitted with a metal tip. The filling should go all the way through the loin. Rub the pork all over with oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Sear the pork on a hot grill on all sides then transfer to a large baking pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 160 degrees F, about 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer pork roast to a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes before carving into pinwheels. Serve with pan juices.
FRUIT-STUFFED LOIN OF PORK
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the long handle of a wooden spoon, push the dried fruit into the pocket in the roast, alternating the fruits.
- Cut the garlic into thin slivers. Make deep slits in the roast with tip of a knife and push the garlic into the slits.
- Tie the roast with twine and rub surface with salt and pepper.
- Set the roast in a shallow baking pan and smear the butter over the roast. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Stir Madeira and molasses together in a small bowl and pour over roast. Set the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake approximately 1 1/2 hours, basting often (approximately 20 minutes per pound).
- When done, let stand, loosely covered with foil about 15 minutes. Cut thin slices and spoon pan juices over them.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 482, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 40 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 580 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BACON-WRAPPED ROAST PORK LOIN STUFFED WITH DRIED FRUIT
This impressive dish sounds far more complicated than it is. The oven does most of the work. Don't forget the sauce: the tang of the Dijon cream sauce is a welcome counter to the sweetness of the brandied fruit. Add a green salad (maybe some red potatoes?) and you have the perfect Sunday supper.
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories dinner, project, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, warm, but do not boil, the brandy. Place the fruit in a small bowl, cover with the brandy and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the brandy, and coarsely chop the fruit. Return the fruit to the bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of the sage and 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme and season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the pork on a work surface. Using a long, round metal or wooden skewer about 3/4-inch thick, pierce a channel through the center of the loin. Stuff the fruit into the channel, using the skewer to pack it in. Season the loin lightly with salt and pepper and drape the bacon slices over it.
- Use butcher's twine to tie the roast. Place the roast in a roasting pan fitted with a rack and roast for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 350 degrees and continue to roast until the pork is cooked but, when poked with a knife, the juices at the center still run slightly pink, about 1 hour more. Transfer the roast to a serving platter and allow to rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the rack and place the roasting pan on top of the stove over medium heat. Add the shallots to the pan juices and cook, stirring, until they are softened, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved brandy and the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Whisk in the cream and mustard and continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
- To serve, remove the twine from the roast, slice and serve with the cream sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 300, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 370 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FRUIT-STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place dried fruit mix in bowl and add boiling water.
- Set aside to rehydrate.
- Trim all fat and silverskin from tenderloin.
- Slit tenderloin lengthwise (not quite all the way through) making a pocket for the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fruit mix.
- Peel and core the apple and mix with fruit and place in meat pocket.
- Tie the meat with cord at 1-1 1/2 inch intervals.
- Place meat in 13x9x2 ungreased pan and roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350F and roast for 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 - 1 inch slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.6, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 74.8, Sodium 102.6, Carbohydrate 28.1, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 2.8, Protein 24.3
STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN
I came up with this spinach and mushroom stuffed pork tenderloin one day when looking for something new to do with pork tenderloin. This dish is very easy to make and assemble and is so pretty to serve to family and guests. I like to serve this with a nice salad and roasted potatoes.
Provided by ciaofraz
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, shallot, thyme, garlic powder, sage, black pepper, and salt in the hot oil until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms and shallots are softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add parsley; cook and stir for 1 minute. Mix in spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in mustard. Remove from heat.
- Place pork tenderloin on a work surface; lay prosciutto atop tenderloin. Spread mushroom-spinach mixture over prosciutto, leaving 1/2-inch border on all sides. Tightly roll tenderloin around the filling and tie together with kitchen string to keep closed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; place rolled tenderloin in the hot oil. Sear until all sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer seared tenderloin to a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.2 g, Cholesterol 88.7 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 439.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
More about "dads dried fruit stuffed pork tenderloin recipes"
10 BEST STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH STUFFING RECIPES - YUMMLY
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUITS
FRUIT-STUFFED PORK TENDERLOINS WITH MUSTARD-CRANBERRY SAUCE
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES & DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
5/5 (1)Published 2012-10-20Servings 4
- In a small bowl, mix the dried fruit with the wine. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the apple and cook over moderate heat for 3 minutes.
- Drain the dried fruit, reserving the wine. Stir the dried fruit into the apple and onion in the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Insert a sharpening steel or the handle of a wooden spoon into the thick end of the tenderloin. Carefully push the steel through the tenderloin and roll the meat to widen the hole slightly.
- Heat the oil in the skillet. Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown it in the skillet over high heat, turning, for about 6 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the meat for 10 minutes.
- Add the reserved wine to the skillet and cook over high heat, scraping up any browned bits, until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Add the stock and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Notes: One Serving - Calories 244 kcal, Total Fat 4 gm, Saturated Fat 5 gm, Protein 25 gm, Carbohydrates 19 gm.
FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN | RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
FRUIT STUFFED PORK LOIN ROAST WITH PEACH GLAZE - LINGER
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES & DRIED FRUIT RECIPE | OUR STATE
FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH DRIED FRUIT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH DRIED FRUIT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUIT - DELISH
DRIED FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
FRUIT-STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUITS - YOUTUBE
PORK TENDERLOIN AND STUFFING RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK TENDERLOIN FRUIT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRAISED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
10 BEST PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APRICOTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH DRIED FRUITS - GRATEFUL
STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BRAISED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE(TRIED): PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH DRIED FRUIT
PORK TENDERLOIN STUFFED WITH APPLES AND DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH FETA & DRIED FRUIT | CANADIAN GOODNESS
FRUIT AND WALNUT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN | RECIPE | STUFFED PORK ...
DRIED FRUIT STUFFED PORK LOIN - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRUIT STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN | RECIPE IN 2021 | PORK …
FRUIT-STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Apple tenderloin with dried fruit?Stir the dried fruit into the apple and onion in the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate to cool. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture and reserve it for making the sauce. Wipe out the skillet. Preheat the oven to 425°. Insert a sharpening steel or the handle of a wooden spoon into the thick end of the tenderloin.
How long does it take to cook a fruit stuffed pork loin?Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin DuShaun Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin mauigirl Recipe Summary test prep: 20 mins cook: 1 hr 40 mins total: 2 hrs Servings: 8 Yield: 1 stuffed pork loin roast Nutrition Info Advertisement Ingredients Decrease Serving 8 Increase Serving Adjust Original recipe yields 8 servings
How many calories in fruit stuffed pork loin?Nutritional Information Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin Servings Per Recipe: 8 Calories:435.4 % Daily Value * protein: 37.5g 75 % carbohydrates: 25.7g 8 % dietary fiber: 2.2g 9 % sugars: 20.1g
How to cook a pork tenderloin in a skillet?Stuff the tenderloin with the fruit mixture and seal the ends with toothpicks. Heat the oil in the skillet. Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown it in the skillet over high heat, turning, for about 6 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the meat for 10 minutes.