a sandwich that would be fit for dagwood, for those of us who at least remember him!
Time: 25 minutes
- preheat oven to 400
- using serrated knife cut the bread lengthwise into 3 equal pieces
- lay a piece of foil over a cookie sheet big enough to hold the bread
- place bottom of bread on the foil
- spread with 1 tbs of melted butter
- top with the ham , provolone cheese and 1 / 2 of the dressing
- place the middle of the bread on top
- spread with remaining softened butter
- top with turkey , salami and the remaining dressing
- top with top of bread loaf
- stir together the 2 tbs melted butter and the sesame seeds
- brush over the top and sides of the bread
- cover loosely with foil
- bake 400 for 10 minutes
- remove foil and bake 5 minutes more
- slice and serve warm
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- french bread
- provolone cheese
- thousand island dressing
- toasted sesame seeds
You definitely need a knife and fork to dig into these piled-high burgers. They make a tasty luncheon meal. - Ruby Berry, Brandenton, Florida
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- Shape beef into four patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat or cook in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear; drain. , Spread coleslaw dressing over bread. Top each slice with a beef patty, bacon, cheese, tomato, onion, two cucumber slices, pickle and olive. Secure with a toothpick. Serve with additional salad dressing if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup prepared coleslaw salad dressing
- 4 thick slices bread, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 8 slices unpeeled cucumber
- 4 slices dill pickle
- 4 pitted jumbo ripe olives
- 1/4 cup salad dressing of your choice, optional
THE DAGWOOD SANDWICH
You can make this as big and/or thick as you want depending on the size of the bread slices. Cutting in 1/4's like a club sandwich and topping with an olive skewered by a toothpick is recommended. Enjoy!!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Martini Guy
Yield 1-2 serving(s)
- Layout the 3 bread slices.
- On first slice spread mayonnaise, layer cucumber slices, cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the lettuce, 1 tomato slice, ham and top with spreaded mustard.
- Add second piece of bread on top.
- Spread horseradish and relish.
- Layer onion, second tomato slice, swiss cheese, second half of the lettuce and turkey.
- Add third piece of bread (spread bottom with mayonnaise if desired).
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 3 slices bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 -6 leaves of crisp green lettuce
- 2 slices of large tomatoes
- 8 slices ham, thin slices
- 8 slices cooked turkey, thin slices
- 1 slice of a medium onion
- 4 -6 slices cucumbers, thin slices
My mom always made this salad for BUNCO nights and I've been searching for the recipe for a long time. Mom is no longer around and her recipes are unavailable. I finally found it in a cookbook I have here at home. This is my all time favorite salad and dressing combo and I think this recipe I found finally got it right. Keep the salad, dressing, and bread separate until ready to serve or it gets all mushy. Shake the dressing well before adding to salad.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by OKCPmed
Yield 1 salad, 4 serving(s)
- In a large bowl with tight-fitting lid, tear up lettuce, cheese, and lunch meat into bite-sized pieces, finely chop onion and toss. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Add all salad dressing ingredients together in a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake.
- Tear up the rolls/bread into bite sized pieces and place in an air tight bag.
- When ready to serve add bread to bowl with lettuce/meat/cheese and add dressing to coat. Toss around with either the lid on (works best) or using salad tongs. Serve immediately.
- If not serving all immediately just mix up what you will eat. Keeps best if kept separate and mix when wanted.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1 head lettuce (iceberg usually works best)
- 1/4 lb salami (usually Cotto, the one with peppercorns)
- 1/4 lb shaved ham
- 6 ounces swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 poppy seed rolls
- 3 pumpernickel rolls (or whatever you can find, bread etc)
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
This sandwich takes advantage of late-summer's bounty, with a pile of vegetables set between two layers of focaccia. It takes about half an hour to prepare. You'll glaze some sliced onions with garlic, lemon and olive oil, chop and sauté the vegetables you happen to have on hand, and then layer it all with slices of your best tomatoes, some cheese and chopped olives. A smear of mayonnaise helps stick the whole thing together.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Kay Rentschler
Yield 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add lemon, garlic and onion but keep separate. Turn lemon and garlic frequently to soften; leave onion rings unturned. After about 3 minutes, transfer lemon and garlic to paper towels and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high, turn onions and cook until soft and golden. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Add vinegar and glaze onions. Transfer to a plate.
- Place peppers in same skillet in a single layer and coat with any remaining vinegar in skillet. Turn peppers, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until just beginning to soften. Transfer peppers to a separate plate.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and return to high heat. Brush eggplant slices on both sides with remaining olive oil. Add to hot skillet in a single layer and cook, turning occasionally, until deep brown on both sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and transfer to paper towels.
- While eggplant browns, chop reserved garlic and lemon, and stir it into mayonnaise along with olives and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To build sandwiches: Spread focaccia slices with mayonnaise. Layer onions, peppers, eggplant, tomato, cheese, basil and romaine in an order that pleases you. Cut and serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- 1/4 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 4 very thin slices lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 medium white or yellow onion in 1/2-inch rings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 large red pepper, seeds and pith removed, in 1/2-inch rings
- 2 Italian eggplants in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 4-inch squares focaccia or similar flatbread, sliced in two horizontally
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 4 ounces semisoft cheese like Bel Paese, provolone, mozzarella, Muenster or young Gouda, thinly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves
- 4 leaves romaine
MAKE-AHEAD DAGWOOD SANDWICHES
You'll be the hero when you bring these stacked-high wedges to a gathering.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
- With long serrated knife, cut bread in half horizontally. Spread cut side of each bread bottom with half of the spreadable cheese. Overlapping slices, arrange remaining ingredients except pesto in order listed over each bread bottom. Spread cut side of each bread top with half of the pesto, and place over arugula.
- Place each whole loaf in large food-storage plastic bag; seal and refrigerate topped with cast-iron skillet or other heavy weight up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut each loaf into 6 equal sandwiches. Secure sandwiches with toothpicks or small skewers.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 2 loaves herb-flavored or cheese-flavored bread, such as Focaccia, ciabatta or Asiago cheese bread (1 lb each, about 1 inch thick)
- 1 container (6.5 oz) garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese
- 1 lb thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 8 oz thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 3 small plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cups lightly packed torn arugula
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
AUSTRALIAN DAGWOOD DOGS
These are like Pronto Pups and Corn Dogs in the US.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Lynn Clay
- 1. Place polenta, 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, cayenne pepper (if using), sugar and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Stir in egg, then, gradually stir in enough buttermilk to make a smooth, thick batter.
- 2. Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan ⅓ full with oil and heat over medium heat to 180°C.
- 3. Place remaining ¼ cup flour in a shallow bowl and, working with one hot dog at a time, dust in flour, shaking off the excess, then, holding one end of the hot dog with tongs, coat liberally in batter.
- 4. Gently drop into oil and fry for 4 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and golden.
- 5. Drain on paper towel.
- 6. Thread corn dogs onto skewers and serve immediately with ketchup and mustard.
- 7. If you can fit them into your fryer, the frankfurters can be threaded onto the skewers before flouring and coating with batter.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1/3 c cornmeal
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 c buttermilk
- 8 hot dogs
- vegetable oil to deep fry
- ketchup and mustard, to serve
- 8 x 20 cm wooden skewers.
More recipes about dagwood recipes
Dagwood Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comJan 30, 2013 · Combine first 3 ingredients. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on 1 side of each of 4 bread triangles. Top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 3/4 ounce turkey, 1 cheddar cheese triangle, 3/4 ounce ham, 1 Swiss cheese triangle, 2 bell pepper rings, and 4 cucumber slices. Cover sandwiches with remaining bread triangles. ...Show details
Chantel Dartnall's ultimate dagwood | Woolworths TASTE
Recipe From : taste.co.zaCooking Instructions Arrange 3 slices of well-buttered toast on a clean work surface. Spread a thin layer of mustard on the first slice, then spread mayonnaise on the next slice, and chutney on the last. ...Show details
Remake of the Wimpy Dagwood | Sabeha's Kitchen.
Recipe From : sabehaskitchen.wordpress.comNov 25, 2014 · Place the first slice of bread then place the cooked patty and polony followed by cheese, chilli sauce and mustard. Then place a slice of bread ontop of that. Fry the egg and then place ontop of the second slice of bread, season with salt and pepper and then close off the sandwich with the third slice of bread. ...Show details
RECIPE: Dagwood Dogs - Create this Fave Showtime Treat at
Recipe From : mumcentral.com.auMay 07, 2020 · 2. Whisk the polenta, plain flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt together to form a combined dry mix. Half fill a saucepan big enough to fit the entire frankfurt and stick in with vegetable oil (or use a deep fryer). Heat to a medium-high temperature. ...Show details
Dagwood - TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comDagwood - TfRecipes Recipe From : tfrecipes.comdagwood, a lovable bungler whose well-meaning but usually inept behaviour reinforced the stereotype of the bumbling husband, lent his name to the dagwood sandwich, a staple on restaurant menus across North America. ...Show details
DIY dagwood dogs | Food & Drink | The Weekend Edition
Recipe From : theweekendedition.com.auAug 08, 2013 · Fry the dagwood dogs in the oil until the batter is golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with a few drops of trusty tomato sauce and mustard. The Stumble Guide is our comprehensive Brisbane dining … ...Show details
Dagwood Sandwich Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come … ...Show details
Dagwood Sandwich Recipe | Chinet®
Recipe From : mychinet.comArrange 5 bread slices on a large cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture evenly on each slice. Layer the meat and cheeses evenly among the bread slices in this order: pepperoni, swiss, turkey, provolone, roast beef, cheddar, pastrami, pepper jack and salami. ...Show details
Breakfast Dagwood Sandwich Recipe - Food Fanatic
Recipe From : foodfanatic.comSep 16, 2015 · So anyway, one of the items on the late night menu was the Dagwood Breakfast Sandwich, named aptly for Dagwood Bumstead from the Blondie comic strip. The Dagwood was basically a sandwich made for over-ambitious people. ALL the breakfast meats, plus some cheese and scrambled eggs, all stuffed inside a thick roll. ...Show details
Dagwood | My Recipe recipe by Mrs Admin (mashuda)
Recipe From : halaal.recipesINGREDIENTS Mutton / beef patties Wimpy tomato sauce Wimpy mustard sauce Eggs fried sunny side (yolk should be hard) Salt French Polony Semi fried onions (onions should be soft but white) Lettuce … ...Show details
Recipes > Cheese > How To make Dagwood Bumstead Sandwich
Recipe From : gigarecipes.comAmerican Classic - The DAGWOOD SANDWICH recipe! Lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon, melted cheese and a fried egg between two slices of lightly toasted bread – this DAGWOOD SANDWICH recipe … ...Show details
26 Dagwood Sandwiches ideas | dagwood sandwich, sandwiches
Recipe From : pinterest.comSep 9, 2016 - A Dagwood (sandwich) is a tall, multi-layered sandwich made with a variety of meats, cheeses, and condiments. It was named after Dagwood Bumstead, a central character in the comic strip Blondie, who is frequently illustrated making enormous sandwiches. An olive pierced by a toothpick or wooden skewer usually crowns the edible structure. ...Show details
Dagwood Sandwich - Weekend at the Cottage
Recipe From : weekendatthecottage.comSep 23, 2016 · Dagwood Sandwich Ingredients. 8 pieces sliced bread; 16 rashers of bacon, thick or thin sliced; 2 field tomatoes, thin-sliced; 8 leaves of leaf lettuce, washed; 4 eggs; 8 slices cheddar cheese; … ...Show details
Dagwood Special recipe by Ruhana Ebrahim
Recipe From : halaal.recipesRECIPE. Dagwood Special Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well Ingredients: 8 slices bread Butter spread 4 burger patties Rocket/ lettuce Tomato Grated/ sliced cheese French polony slices 2 large Potatoes 4 eggs Oil Salt Chilli powder/ chips spice Tomato sauce Mayonnaise Method: 1. Lay down slice of bread. Spread some butter on the inside of slice. 2. Lay down lettuce, … ...Show details
Gallery: The Serious Eats Guide to Sandwiches
Recipe From : seriouseats.comAug 10, 2018 · The Dagwood, named for Blondie protagonist and legendary sandwich-maker Dagwood Bumstead, can be identified by how closely it resembles one of Dagwood's overheaped creations. Seriously, though, because there's no real definition. The Dagwood is defined by its form, not its filling, and even then loosely. ...Show details
Vegetarian Dagwood Sandwiches Recipe - Cuisine
Recipe From : cuisineathome.comAug 11, 2016 · Like Dagwood’s favorite snack in the Blondie comic, this double-decker is stacked — but with veggies instead of deli meats. To round out the filling satisfaction and flavor, this recipe … ...Show details
Veggie Dagwood Sandwiches Recipe | Food Network Kitchen
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comJan 04, 2017 · Stack the eggplant clubs on top of the zucchini clubs to make a Dagwood, secure with a long skewer and top with an olive. Arrange the Dagwoods on a platter; … ...Show details
YUMMIEST DAGWOOD RECIPE | Dine With Neo - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comThe best Dagwood recipe using toasted hotdog buns, homemade beef patties and caramelized onions ! Enjoy ! ️ ...Show details
American Classic - The DAGWOOD SANDWICH recipe! - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.com#weekendatthecottage #easydeliciousrecipes #dagwoodsandwichFor the full recipe: https://weekendatthecottage.com/dagwood-sandwichAmerican Classic - The DAGWOO... ...Show details
How to make a dagwood dog - ABC North Qld - Australian
Recipe From : abc.net.auJun 02, 2013 · There are no secret ingredients to a good dagwood dog, the real secret is in the consistency of the batter explains Mattress. "The better the … ...Show details
Dagwood sandwich - Wikipedia
Recipe From : en.wikipedia.orgA Dagwood sandwich is a tall, multilayered sandwich made with a variety of meats, cheeses, and condiments.It is named after Dagwood Bumstead, a central character in … ...Show details
Dagwood-style Sandwich Recipe - BigOven.com
Recipe From : bigoven.comDagwood-style Sandwich Recipe recipe: Here is a incredibly tasty Dagwood-style sandwich. It is a blend of contrasts--soft but crispy, sweet but salty, mild but tangy, plus *very* filling! ...Show details