OVEN-ROASTED SPICED CARROTS
I started roasting veggies and serving them often with dinner. Now my children say, "Is it OK to finish the veggies?" Pinch me. -Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss carrots with oil. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over carrots and toss to coat., Arrange carrots in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 228mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Carrot Pie, with its sweet cinnamon taste, has been in my family for at least 5 generations. It's a must-have at our family Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers (but good any time!).
Provided by Laura
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake the pie shell for 3 to 5 minutes, just to firm it up, then remove from the oven, and set aside. Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain water, and mash carrots until smooth using a food processor, or potato ricer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the carrot puree, sugar and eggs. Mix in the cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually stir in the milk. Pour the mixture into the partially baked pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes at the lower temperature, or until firm. Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33.7 g, Cholesterol 48.3 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 166.9 mg, Sugar 21.6 g
SPICED CARROT CAKE
My mom made this cake for my birthday one year because carrot cake is her favorite. Turns out, it's my favorite, too! Now when I make it, I love it with lots of spice. The pumpkin pie spice is a perfect shortcut, but you could use a custom blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. -Jaris Dykas, Knoxville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper., Beat first 5 ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture. Fold in carrots., Transfer to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely., For frosting, beat cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; gradually fold in whipped cream., If cakes are domed, trim tops with a serrated knife. Spread frosting between layers and over top of cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 375mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
SPICED CARROT MUFFINS
- Line 12 cups (each 2 1/2 inches wide) of a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter, and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in carrots.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (If desired, muffins can be baked immediately in a 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes.) Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes, then cover tin with plastic wrap, and freeze until ready to bake, up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake muffins (still frozen) until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPICED CARROT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch round cake pan with oil. Place a round of waxed or parchment paper in the bottom; brush with oil, and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cardamom, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugars, yogurt, and oil until smooth. Gently mix egg mixture into dry ingredients until moistened; mix in carrots. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes (if browning too quickly, tent cake with aluminum foil). Cool in pan, 15 minutes. Turn out of pan, remove paper, and cool completely on a rack, right side up. Apply glaze, or dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 g, Fat 8 g, Protein 3 g
GRANDMA ROSE'S CARROT PIE
My Grandma use to make this every Thanksgiving and Christmas and now every since she passed years ago I've been the one to make it in my family. This pie is a lot like pumpkin pie (which i don't really like )but not it's not so rich. You will never no its made from carrots.
Provided by Karla Everett
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. To make carrot pulp : Peel and slice 3-4 lb. of carrots ; (I have used the baby carrots and don't have to peel or slice ) put carrots in a kettle with enough water to just be level with the carrots ; Add 2 Teas. baking soda ; it prevents too much foaming when cooking.
- 2. Boil carrots until tender ; Drain.
- 3. Run carrots through a food sieve (cone) to make the pulp. This will remove any bad pulp you don't want ; like missed peel and the stringy texture in the carrots.
- 4. Mix up all the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5. Pour into a prepared raw pie crust.
- 6. Bake on center rack in a pre-heated oven @ 350 deg. for 45-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the center . Cooking time varies depending on your oven. Let pie completely cool before serving.
- 7. Note: I double this recipe and get 3 pies when using 9" deep dish frozen pie crusts. I cooked up 15 pounds of baby carrots and got 12 pies out of all the pulp.
CARROT SPICE PIE
- Combine carrots, butter, honey, vanilla extract, salt, eggs and spices in a mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly with an electric mixer; mix until smooth. Fold in white and brown sugars. Pour filling into pastry crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes. To determine if pie is done, insert toothpick. If it comes out clean it is ready.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.4 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 61.8 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 485.3 mg, Sugar 35.7 g
SPICED CARROT PIE
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This from scratch sweet pie can be served as a side to dinner or stands by itself as a dessert. I wanted to create a crust from potatoes and fill it with something unique. This is where the idea began. I added some goat cheese to the crust in order to make it more rich and Zante currants to the carrot filling for texture. With a little whipped topping it is a great accompaniment to any dinner.
Provided by Kristinlee4
Yield 1 9 inch pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Thaw four cups of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine all crust ingredients except the flour in a food processor until smooth. Add flour slowly while stirring potato mixture. Press crust firmly into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 300 for 30 minutes or until middle is firm to the touch.
- While crust is baking boil carrots until soft. Then combine all ingredients except the currents in a food processor until smooth. Gently add currants.
- Let the pie crust cool for five minutes then fill with carrot filling.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then 325 for 40 minutes.
- Let pie cool completely before serving. Add whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.6, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 52, Sodium 392.3, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 29.1, Protein 8
I came into this recipe sometime in the 70s, during a brief vegetarian spell. I'm carniverous again, but not adamently so, I still prefer vegetables. This pie is delicious.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For pastry: Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Beat 2 tblsps ice water, egg and vinegar to blend. Mix into flour just until dough comes together into a ball. If dough seems too dry, add up to 2 tblsps more water, a few drops at a time. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- For filling: Melt 4 tblsps butter in small skillet over low heat. Add onion, cover and cook gently until soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Melt remaining 3 tblsps butter in same skillet over low heat. Add carrots, increase heat to high and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add water, cover and cook until carrots are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes (if carrots are tender and there is still liquid, drain).
- Puree onions and carrots in processor with eggs, yolks, salt, allspice and pepper until smooth. Turn into bowl and refrigerate 1 hour.
- To assemble: Preheat oven to 340°F Grease 5 ½ x 9 ½ inch loaf pan (or 4 ½ x 11 inches).
- Roll dough out on lightly-floured surface to thickness of ¼ inch. Cut out 12 x 16 inch rectangle. Drape dough loosely in pan. Press into corners gently with fingers. Trim dough flush with top of pan. Roll scraps out to ¼ inch thick. Cut out rectangle large enough to cover top of pan.
- Stir rice and cheese into carrot mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Brush edge of crust with glaze. Cover with dough, pressing to seal. Roll remaining scraps out. Cut out dough decorations and stick them on with the egg glaze. Brush entire pie with glaze. Make 6 steam vents. Bake until lightly-browned, about 1 ½ hours. Cool in pan. Remove carefully. Serve at room temperature.
More about "spiced carrot pie recipes"
SPICED CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 16Total Time 2 hrs
- Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray; line with parchment and set aside.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in medium bowl. Place eggs, granulated sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in large bowl; mix with an electric mixer on low until blended.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cakes test done. Cool cakes 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
SPICED CARROT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Pour mixture into partially baked pie shell. Place in preheated 325-degree oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until just barely set (center wiggly but not sloshing).
CARROT PIE - PERFECT FALL & HOLIDAY PIE - CRAFTY COOKING MAMA
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Place carrots in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until carrots are tender, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Drain water. Return carrots to pot. Cook carrots over low heat, stirring constantly, for a few minutes, to steam off all excess water.
- Puree carrots and butter until absolutely smooth. You can do this in a food processor, blender, food mill or with a ricer.
HOMEMADE SPICED CARROT PIE - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER ALL®
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. However, if you need to pre-bake the crust, increase heat to 425 degrees F. Carefully line the pie crust with parchment or foil, and put dried beans or rice (something to weigh it down) on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and discard the parchment.
- Roughly chop the peeled carrots, place them in a large saucepan, and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Drain the excess water in the pan and return it (with the carrots) to the stove. Turn the heat back on to medium and let the carrots cook for a few minutes to "steam" off any excess moisture.
- Add the cooked carrots, heavy cream, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling in the pie crust. If desired, cover the edges of the crust with a little foil to avoid burnt edges.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes (at 375 F), or until the center of the pie no longer "jiggles" and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The top of the pie should be slightly caramelized.
PUMPKIN SPICE GLAZED CARROTS - CINCYSHOPPER
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MOCK PUMPKIN PIE MADE WITH CARROTS - 3 BOYS AND A DOG
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 8Total Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Bake pie crust according to package instructions, being sure to weight the crust using aluminum foil and beans to keep the crust from shrinking. Allow to cool completely and set aside.
- Place carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, until carrots are fork tender.
- Drain the water from the carrots and place them back in the pot. Cook over low heat for two minutes, stirring constantly, to remove excess water from the carrots.
CHAI CARROT PIE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
- Add shortening and butter; combine, using your fingers, until shortening and butter are well distributed and small clumps begin to form.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons ice-cold water. Add up to 3 additional tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon at a time; combine, using your fingers, until dough begins to come together.
13 BEST CARROT PIE RECIPE IDEAS | CARROT PIE RECIPE, PIE ...
HOMEMADE SPICED CARROT PIE | RECIPE | FALL DESSERT RECIPES ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsServings 6
CHINESE FIVE SPICED APPLE CARROT PIE - A COLLECTION OF ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
TRADITIONAL CARROT PIE – A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CARAMELISED SPICED CARROTS RECIPES
PUMPKIN PIE SPICED CARROT CAKELETS WITH BUTTERCREAM AND ...
SPICED CARROT PIE — MYRECIPES | SPICED CARROTS, PIE, CARROTS
VEGAN POT PIE — SAVORY SPICE
SPICED CARROT PIE — MYRECIPES | SPICED CARROTS, CARROTS, PIE
CARROT PIE | SAVOURY CAKE, CARROT PIE RECIPE, DESSERTS
SPICED CARROT PIE RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #potatoes #vegetables #american #dinner-party #holiday-event #vegetarian #dietary #comfort-food #midwestern #brunch #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less #from-scratch #simply-potatoes
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a carrot pie with carrots?Add the cooked carrots, heavy cream, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling in the pie crust. If desired, cover the edges of the crust with a little foil to avoid burnt edges.
What are pumpkin spice glazed carrots?These Pumpkin Spice Glazed Carrots are perfect for serving during the fall months. Plus, they are great for a Thanksgiving side dish. We make them with butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
How to bake carrots and carrots?Directions Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. Beat first five ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture. Fold in carrots. Transfer to prepared pans.
How do you make caramelized carrots?We make them with butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. In a medium sized pan, boil carrots until tender. Set aside. In a saute pan, melt butter and add in remaining ingredients. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramelized. Drain liquid from carrots and add to glaze. Stir to coat.