- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup of flour. Divide into 2 equal parts, and roll each half between 2 pieces of waxed paper into a 6 x12 inch sheet. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry yeast and 3 cups of the remaining flour. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, sugar and salt. Heat to 115 degrees F (43 degrees C), or just warm, but not hot to the touch. Mix the warm milk mixture into the flour and yeast along with the eggs, and lemon and almond extracts. Stir for 3 minutes. Knead in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough is firm and pliable. Set aside to rest until double in size.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll each half out to a 14 inch square. Place one sheet of the cold butter onto each piece of dough, and fold the dough over it like the cover of a book. Seal edges by pressing with fingers. Roll each piece out to a 20x 12 inch rectangle, then fold into thirds by folding the long sides in over the center. Repeat rolling into a large rectangle, and folding into thirds. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator one at a time, and roll and fold each piece two more times. Return to the refrigerator to chill again before shaping. If the butter gets too warm, the dough will become difficult to manage.
- To make danishes, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. The dough can be cut into squares, with a filling placed in the center. Fold 2 of the corners over the center to form a filled diamond shape. Or, fold the piece in half, cut into 1 inch strips, stretch, twist and roll into a spiral. Place a dollop of preserves or other filling in the center. Place danishes on an ungreased baking sheet, and let rise until doubled. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Danishes can be brushed with egg white for a shiny finish.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
DUTCH APPLE PIE
The difference between classic apple pie and a Dutch apple pie recipe is all in the delicious crumb topping. Dutch apple pie topping is made with butter, Gold Medal™ flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and you'll know when it's ready to come out of the oven when the crumb toppings are a deep golden brown. Instead of a second pie crust, enjoy a generous blanket of sweet streusel crumbs-sprinkled over a tender spiced apple filling.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by Stephanie Wise
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary). Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. Wrap flattened round of pastry in plastic wrap, and refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
- Heat oven to 400°F. On surface sprinkled with flour, using floured rolling pin, roll pastry dough into circle 2 inches larger than 9-inch pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side and being careful not to stretch pastry, which will cause it to shrink when baked. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired.
- In large bowl, toss Filling ingredients. Pour into pie plate, mounding apples toward center.
- In medium bowl, use pastry blender or fingers to mix butter, 1 cup flour and the brown sugar until a crumb forms. Sprinkle evenly over top of pie. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon granulated sugar on top.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until pie crust and crumb topping are deep golden brown and filling begins to bubble. Transfer to cooling rack to cool.
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
People also searched
More recipes about danish crunch
Danish Crunch Bread | Holly Varni
Recipe From : hollyvarni.com2013-07-08 · Danish Crunch Bread. Recipe discovered at www.daringbakerduluth.blogspot.com ... The recipe for the Dutch Crunch topping came from Rose Levy Beranbaum’s The Bread Bible. The recipe for the bread below came from The Bread Bible and an adaptation of a recipe found on bakingbites.com. The recipe below is based on my experience. 2 tablespoons active dry yeast 1/2 cup warm water 1 … ... Show details
Danish Crunch Bars - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2001-01-25 · Home > Recipes > Cookies > Danish Crunch Bars. Printer-friendly version. DANISH CRUNCH BARS : 2 1/2 c. flour 1 tsp. salt 1 egg & enough milk to make 2/3 c. 1 lg. can apple pie filling 1 c. butter. STREUSEL: 1 c. sugar 1 1/2 c. flour 2/3 c. butter, softened. Mix crust ingredients together and pat onto jelly-roll pan. Top with pie filling, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ... ... Show details
3 Delightful Danish Smørrebrød Recipes | The Inspired Home ...
Recipe From : theinspiredhome.com2017-04-26 · For a roast beef smørrebrød: Top bread with two slices of roast beef. Add cornichons and slices of red onion. Top with horseradish. For a smoked salmon … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
Homemade Danish Pastries | Brown Eyed Baker
Recipe From : browneyedbaker.com2020-03-03 · Spoon a heaping teaspoon of filling into the well of each round. Make the Egg Wash: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and water. Brush the exposed edges of the pastries with the egg wash. Bake the Pastries: Bake the pastries, … ...
Cuisine: American, European
Total Time: 5 hrs 45 mins
- Make the Dough: Cut ½ tablespoon off the ends of each of the four sticks of butter (for a total of 2 tablespoons).
- Make the Dough: Cut ½ tablespoon off the ends of each of the four sticks of butter (for a total of 2 tablespoons).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add the 2 tablespoons cold butter and work it in with a pastry blender or your fingers until no large lumps remain. Add the vanilla, milk, and eggs.
- Mix with the paddle attachment on low speed until a dough begins to form, then switch to the dough hook and knead until a cohesive, but quite sticky dough forms, about 5 to 7 minutes. The dough won't completely clean the bowl and will stick a bit at the bottom. (You can also complete this step in a bread machine on the dough cycle.)
- Scrape the dough into a ball, and transfer it to a floured work surface. Cover it with plastic wrap, and let it rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the butter.
Homemade Pastry Dough (Shortcut Version) | Sally's Baking ...
Recipe From : sallysbakingaddiction.com2013-10-29 · Wrap half up and refrigerate until ready to use. Roll the half of dough into a 12×8 inch rectangle. Transfer to a lined baking pan. Using a sharp knife, cut off two corners of the dough (on one 8-inch side) and then two small triangles 3 inches apart from … ... Show details
How to make Danish Remoulade - Easy recipe in 10 minutes!
Recipe From : nordicfoodliving.com2019-01-27 · Recipe for Homemade Danish Remoulade. A lot of talk about this great Danish condiment but how do you make a Danish Remoulade? This is exactly what I will explain in this section here. As mentioned in the beginning of this post, Danish remoulade is actually very easy to make. What you need to do is to start by finely chop all the ingredients that can actually be chopped. This means the carrot ... ... Show details
Recipes from Denmark - VisitDenmark
Recipe From : visitdenmark.comRecipes from Denmark. Columbus Leth / Copenhagen Media Center. Delicious Danish dishes. Get your wooden spoon and apron at the ready: we're here to satisfy your unquenchable wanderlust and bring a slice of happy Denmark to your kitchen. From impossible to pronounce Danish desserts to our daily staple, rye bread, there's plenty to keep you occupied here. The pancakes we need right now. Can … ... Show details
Danish Recipes and Treats
Recipe From : danishnet.com2015-11-29 · Danish Food and Danish Recipes. Traditional Danish cuisine has many similarities to the other damp and cool Northern European countries. However, Danish food and Danish recipes have many of its own very distinct characteristics. It is interesting to note that the small country of Denmark is actually world renowned for a number of their food products. Their pork, cheeses, and dairy products ... ... Show details
Easy Scandinavian Recipes - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.com2021-06-29 · Danish potato crunch with preserved lemons. This Danish potato recipe comes from Danish chef and food writer, Trine Hahnemann. Trine says: “We need to celebrate the potato as a worthy staple in the northern hemisphere. The tubers store well in winter and, because of the starch they contain, make a great binder that is useful in a lot of vegetable cooking. Their CO2 footprint is also lower ... ... Show details
Danish Potato Crunch Recipe - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.com2021-01-26 · Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and thinly slice them on a mandoline. Put in a large bowl, add the olive oil, thyme, cumin, preserved lemon, lots of salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Step 3 Starting at the short edge of your chosen dish, arrange the potato slices upright in … ... Show details
danish crunch recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comDanish crunch is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 9 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make danish crunch at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for danish crunch recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes … ... Show details
Brunkager (Danish Christmas cookies) - Caroline's Cooking
Recipe From : carolinescooking.com2018-11-28 · Melt butter, coconut oil, syrup and sugar in a pan until all are melted and combined. Allow to cool until cool enough to handle. Add the almonds, marmalade, baking soda and spices and gradually add in the flour and ground almonds, stirring as you go, until combined. Tip out and kneed slightly and form into a log - it will still be a bit soft. ... Show details
Danish Crunch Recipe
Recipe From : recipenode.comDanish Crunch bread, cheese, ham, onions, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin Ingredients 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese 1/2 teaspoon cumin 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, including tops 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley 2 tablespoons finely chopped jarred mild jalapeno peppers, rings 4 slices rye crisps or 2 slices rye bread 2 ounces jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced 2 ounces reduced-sodium ham ... ... Show details
Danish Pastry Authentic Recipe | TasteAtlas
Recipe From : tasteatlas.comHowever, the Danish pastry braid and spandauer, a round pastry filled with custard and jam, are the most popular varieties out of the entire Danish pastry family. All recipes start with making the dough, which is made with flour, butter, eggs, milk, sugar, yeast, and then left to rise up to an hour. It is then rolled out, and slices or shavings ... ... Show details
Dutch Crunch Bread: The San Francisco sandwich bread ...
Recipe From : betterbakerclub.com2020-04-05 · Combine bread flour, rice flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a medium size bowl. Add the liquid to the dry and whisk until smooth. Allow the Dutch Crunch Paste to rest for at least one hour. To time this with your bread, Mix the paste just after you mix your bread dough. ... Show details
DANISH BISCUITS WITH BUTTER: THE CLASSIC RECIPE - CULTURE ...
Recipe From : culture-crunch.com2021-05-18 · DANISH BUTTER COOKIES: THE CLASSIC RECIPE. May 18th Culture Crunch Biscuits, SWEETENED RECIPES Leave a comment. The Danish butter cookies are cookies made from flour, sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, yeast and salt. Butter cookies are an old Danish tradition. The earliest known cookies date back to around 1100. By the late 1800s, most Danish homes were equipped with stoves … ... Show details
Æblekage - Traditional Danish Apple Dessert - Recipe ...
Recipe From : mitziemee.com2019-10-20 · Put the apples in a large pot and add the empty vanilla pod and a little water so the apples do not get burned when cooking. Place the pot on the stove and cook at medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the apples are soft and pulpy and start turning into a … ... Show details
Danish crispies recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comDanish crispies recipe. Learn how to cook great Danish crispies . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Danish crispies recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Danish crispies recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 100% Breakfast Danish Crisps Tasteofhome.com This treasured recipe has been in the family ... ... Show details
Danish Wedding Cookies (Easy Dessert Treat!) - Gonna Want ...
Recipe From : gonnawantseconds.com2020-11-25 · Instructions Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer set on medium speed, cream together butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in cinnamon, salt, pecans, and vanilla. ... Show details
Book Bites: Raspberry Danish Murder/ Maple Crunch - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comThis month we review Raspberry Danish Murder by Joanne Fluke and showcase a cooking demo of the recipe for Maple Crunch Cookies. Crazy for cozies? Cozy myste... ... Show details
10 Best Danish Potato Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comDanish Potato Recipes 128,989 Recipes. Last updated Jul 10, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 128,989 suggested recipes. Frikadeller (Danish Pork Meatballs) KitchenAid. fresh ground black pepper, finely chopped onion, boiled potatoes and 19 more. Cuban-Style Pork Burgers Pork. bread crumbs, thousand island dressing, green bell pepper, spanish chorizo and 8 more ... ... Show details
Cookie Recipe: Danish Butter Crunch Cookies | Butter ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caOct 24, 2015 - Danish Butter Crunch Cookies recipe: ingredients, directions, and a special tip from The Elf to make delicious Danish Butter Crunch cookies. ... Show details
Danish potato crunch with preserved lemons - Flipboard
Recipe From : flipboard.comDanish potato crunch with preserved lemons 5 likes • 32 shares olivemagazine.com - Trine Hahnemann • 173d • large baking potatoes 3kg • olive oil 200ml • thyme 10 sprigs, leaves stripped • cumin seeds 2 tbsp • preserved lemon rind 4 tbsp, shredded Step 1 Heat the oven to … ... Show details
Recipes and Cooking Guides From The New York Times - NYT ...
Recipe From : cooking.nytimes.comDiscover new recipes that are tried, tested, and truly delicious with NYT Cooking. NYT Cooking is the digital source for thousands of the best recipes from The New York Times along with how-to guides for home cooks at every skill level. X Search. Recipe of the Day Chocolate Banana Icebox Cake Put a twist on your banana pudding. Samantha Seneviratne. Save To Recipe Box Saved. Collections. Share ... ... Show details