DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING
My grandmother used to make this pudding. It's one of my favorite traditional Danish desserts. -Kay Sundheim, Nashua, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid; discard pulp. Measure 4 cups liquid; return to the pan., Add sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into rhubarb liquid. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Pour into individual dishes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, serve with cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 5mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
AWESOME RHUBARB-STRAWBERRY PUDDING
I've been making pudding for years and stumbled on a recipe last year that caught my attention and taste buds. I've made it and changed it and now it's the only one I make; hope you enjoy it. Raspberries or just about any other fruits could be used with the rhubarb, this recipe offers endless possibilities.
Provided by kkelly
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl; spread fruit mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar on top.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Beat 2/3 cup sugar and butter with an electric mixer set on medium speed in a large bowl until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat egg and almond extract into butter mixture until incorporated, about 3 minutes more. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter evenly over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 51 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 183.5 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
NORWEGIAN RHUBARB PUDDING
- Heat 1 3/4 cups water and 3/4 cup sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Add rhubarb.
- Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch; stir into rhubarb.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into serving bowl or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Pipe through decorators' tube or spoon onto pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 54.3, Sodium 22.7, Carbohydrate 39.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 30.5, Protein 1.9
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Beat the egg, butter, and milk in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until moistened, then spread into the prepared baking dish. Stir together the rhubarb, 2 cups of sugar, and the water; pour into the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the dough has set and the rhubarb is bubbly, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.1 g, Cholesterol 18.9 mg, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 60.2 mg, Sugar 42.6 g
SCANDINAVIAN RHUBARB PUDDING
- Trim rhubarb and cut into 1/2" slices. Combine with water and sugar and simmer until soft. Stir in vanilla. Blend cornstarch with a little cold water to make a smooth, stiff paste. Stir into rhubarb and cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened and clear. Stir constantly. Pour rhubarb into glass serving dish and chill. At serving time, whip cream. When frothy, add sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff. Pipe through pastry tube in decorative swirls on pudding, or cover top of pudding with spoonfuls of whipped cream.
DANISH RED BERRY PUDDING WITH CREAM
This is a classic Danish dessert. I like it because it is so versatile, you can use the fruit on hand. For me it would include some rhubarb, because it grows well here, and I love it! Posted for ZWT9
Provided by AlaskaPam
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Clean the fruit well; chop rhubarb, if using, into 1-inch pieces. Place into a nonreactive saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Simmer over medium low heat until the fruit falls apart. Remove from heat and strain juice through cheesecloth or a fine-meshed sieve; dispose of the pulp and seeds.
- Return juice to heat, stir in sugar, and bring to a low boil; reduce heat to medium and add the dissolved corn starch liquid to thicken. Stir the mixture constantly until it begins to gel to the consistency of a heavy syrup. Remove from heat, pour into individual serving bowls, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours
- Serve chilled with either plain or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429.2, Fat 22, SaturatedFat 13.7, Cholesterol 81.5, Sodium 29.2, Carbohydrate 59, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 50, Protein 1.2
More about "danish rhubarb pudding recipes"
RABARBERGRøD (RHUBARB PUDDING) - SID'S SEA PALM COOKING
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
DANISH RED BERRY PUDDING (RøDGRøD MED FLøDE) RECIPE
GERMAN RHUBARB PUDDING MADE JUST LIKE OMA
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE …
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertsCalories 228 per serving
RED BERRY PUDDING - RECIPE - A DANISH SUMMER DESSERT
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
COLD RHUBARB SOUP - TRADITIONAL DANISH SUMMER ... - DANISH FOOD
DELICIOUS RHUBARB CREAM CHEESE DANISH - DEVOUR DINNER
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING | RECIPE | RHUBARB PUDDING, RHUBARB …
THE 10 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
RHUBARB PUDDING - THE DUTCH BAKER'S DAUGHTER
BAKED STICKY RHUBARB PUDDING - BONITA'S KITCHEN
20 TRADITIONAL DANISH RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
RHUBARB CREAM CHEESE DANISH - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
DANISH RED BERRY PUDDING (RøDGRøD MED FLøDE) - NORDIC FOOD
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB DANISH PASTRIES - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
NORWEGIAN RHUBARB PUDDING | FOOD CHANNEL
NORTH NORWAY + RHUBARB PUDDING - NORDIC DINER
RHUBARB AND CUSTARD DANISH PASTRIES | PASTRY RECIPE | SBS FOOD
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RøD GRøD MED FLøDE | MY DANISH KITCHEN
RHUBARB AND CUSTARD DANISH PASTRIES RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
RHUBARB AND CUSTARD DANISHES - BAKING WITH AIMEE.
RHUBARB AND BLOOD ORANGE CUSTARD DANISH – HELLO VICTORIA
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING | RHUBARB PUDDING, RHUBARB RECIPES, …
PETERSEN FAMILY RECIPES - DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING
DANISH RHUBARB PUDDING | RECIPE | RHUBARB PUDDING, RHUBARB …
OLD-FASHIONED DANISH RHUBARB CAKE - RECIPE FOR DANISH DESSERT
NORWEGIAN RHUBARB PUDDING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RHUBARB | MY DANISH KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make rhubarb pudding?First, cut your rhubarb into slices, and then place them in a saucepan and bring to a boil with water, sugar, and vanilla. Once the pudding has boiled for 20 minutes, it should be thickened with potato starch dissolved in cold water. When the pudding is done, just cool it down, and then it is ready to be served with almonds and cream on top.
What to serve with Danish rhubarb pudding?Recipe for danish rhubarb pudding Rhubarb pudding is a wonderful classic Danish pudding of delicious rhubarb, preferably from the garden if you have one. You can serve the pudding with cream or milk and a sprinkle of crispy almond flakes on top.
What is Danish red berry pudding?On this page, you will find the easy-to-make and traditional recipe for Danish Red Berry Pudding. This very old and traditional Nordic recipe is in Danish known as Rød Grød Med Fløde (Rod Grod med Floede) and is a very easy dessert to make.
What is the best way to cook rhubarb?—Kay Sundheim, Nashua, Montana In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid; discard pulp. Measure 4 cups liquid; return to the pan. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into rhubarb liquid.