DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Beat 4 eggs, water, oil,& sour cream until smooth.
- Add the box of cake mix and pudding stirring until smooth.
- added chocolate chips, mixing just until blended.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- I sometimes garnish with powdered sugar when cooled.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
- Special equipment: 1 (12 to 16 cup) glass trifle bowl or 12 to 16 individual small trifle bowls
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Whip in the almond extract and confectioners'sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over whip, the cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.
- When completely cool, use your hands to crumble the brownies into smaller pieces. In a glass trifle bowl, layer in the following order: crumbled brownies, about 1 1/2 cups pudding, 1 1/2 crumbled toffee bars, about 1 3/4 cups whipped cream. Repeat the layers in the same order. Save the last 2 toffee bars to crumble and sprinkle on top before serving.
- For individual small trifle bowls, layer in the following order: crumbled brownie, pudding, crushed chocolate covered toffee bars and whipped cream.
- Garnish with more crumbled toffee bars. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- For your brownie batter, melt your butter in a medium (or large) heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- While the butter is melting, whisk your natural cocoa powder, sea salt and sugar in a separate bowl. (The sugar and salt will work as abrasive agents to get any lumps out of the cocoa.) Whisk the cocoa/sugar/salt combo into the melted butter. Continue to whisk the ingredients together in the bowl over the simmering water until the sugar has dissolved fully. The mixture should look like fudge and pull away from the bowl into a ball. Remove from the heat and set on a dishtowel on your counter, and allow the fudgy mixture to cool down until it's warm, but not hot anymore.
- While that is cooling, line the bottom and sides of your 9 by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil. You want to leave about 4 inches of overhang on the 2 opposite sides. These serve as your handles to remove the brownies from the pan in 1 piece, so make sure that there is enough of the overhang for you to have a solid grip. Grease the parchment or foil well.
- Stir in the vanilla into the cooled fudge mixture to loosen it up. Add the eggs into the mixture 1 at a time, adding the second egg after the first egg is fully incorporated. The batter should look shiny and well blended. Add in your flour and stir it until it's fully incorporated. Once it looks fully blended, beat the batter vigorously for at least 45 strokes. This'll not only get out any pent up stress, but it will make the brownies chewy. Fold in your chocolate chips. Spread the very thick and fudgy brownie batter evenly in the lined pan with an offset spatula or your greased hands.
- Pop the brownies in the oven and bake until they get a nice crust and your house smells like brownies, 30 to 35 minutes. Let them cool completely on a rack or a dishtowel on your counter.
- Whisk the sugar, cocoa powder and flour in a bowl until there are no lumps. Crack the eggs into the bowl, add the yolks and whisk into a paste. Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk until fully incorporated. Then whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk. Put the milk mixture into a saucepan and put over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it starts to look like pudding. It will begin to bubble and it will hold soft peaks when you lift the whisk out. Take off the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Cook's Note: To prevent a skin from forming, cover the pudding with plastic wrap, pressing down directly on the surface of the pudding. Poke a few holes throughout to allow to cool to room temperature.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE III
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Let cool.
- Mix pudding according to package directions.
- In a glass punch bowl, layer in the following order: 1/2 of the brownie, crumbled; 1/2 of the pudding; 1 toffee bar, crushed; 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers in the same order. Save the last toffee bar to crumble and sprinkle on top before serving.
- Refrigerate. Best if made the day before you serve it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.1 calories, Carbohydrate 49.5 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 330.2 mg, Sugar 20.1 g
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE: SIMPLY THE BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIE LAYER
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare the chocolate brownie layer. Coat a 9 by 1 1/2-inch cake pan with 1 teaspoon of butter. Flour the pan with 1 teaspoon of flour, shaking out the excess.
- Sift together 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt onto waxed paper. Set aside.
- Heat 1-inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. Place 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, 4 tablespoons butter, and 2 ounces semisweet chocolate in the top half of the double boiler tightly cover top with film wrap. Heat for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, remove from the heat, and stir until smooth.
- Place 3 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a balloon whip. Whisk on high speed until slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk on medium for 30 seconds. Add the sifted ingredients, whisk on low for 10 seconds, then on medium for 10 seconds. Add the sour cream and whisk on medium for 5 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to thoroughly combine ( also add and combine 4 ounces chocolate chunks ).
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake pan, spreading evenly. Bake the brownie for 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan at room temperature for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cake circle and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the brownie from the refrigerator and cut in half horizontally. Keep the brownie at room temperature until needed.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix cake batter according to package directions, adding water, oil, and eggs as directed. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until a tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
- In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake. Pour half of the coffee over the cake, and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.9 calories, Carbohydrate 62.6 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 538.8 mg, Sugar 43.4 g
More about "death by chocolate recipes"
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE | STAY AT HOME MUM
5/5 (5)Category MainServings 12Total Time 35 mins See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
4.8/5 (19)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°(F). Cut out three 9-inch round segments of parchment paper to line your cake pans with. Spray each pan generously - sides and bottom - with nonstick cooking spray, then place the parchment paper cut out in the bottom of the pans and spray again. It's important to make sure every bit of pan and paper are sprayed so your cakes don't get stuck. Set pans aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld electric beater, cream the softened butter on medium-speed until completely smooth; about 3 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully trim the raised top of each cake, making each one an even, level surface. Transfer 1 layer to a large plate or cake stand.
CAKE MIX DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE | RECIPELION.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
15 EASY DEATH BY CHOCOLATE RECIPES - BEST DEATH BY ...
Occupation Commerce EditorAuthor Sienna Livermore See details »
10 BEST DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE (SUPER MOIST) - EASY AND DELISH
Reviews 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
- For the cake batter: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Spray a 13x9-inch sheet cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Using a sifter, sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder) in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment and mix to combine. Then add the wet ingredients in (mayonnaise, oil, buttermilk, hot water, and vanilla) and beat just until combined. Add the eggs and beat on low for almost a minute.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared baking pan. Bake for about 45-50 minutes. Test for doneness using a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- After you allow your cake to cool for a few minutes, invert it onto a rack to come to room temperature. Remove the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake and spread the buttercream frosting on top. Decorate as desired.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.7/5 (11)Category CupcakesServings 12Total Time 3 hrs
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time. You may also melt the butter and chocolate over low heat on the stovetop. Stir until smooth and set aside to slightly cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add the cooled butter/chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk. Repeat until everything is added. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be very thick like pudding.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
THE BEST RECIPE FOR DEATH BY CHOCOLATE COOKIES | FOODAL
Cuisine DessertTotal Time 55 minsCategory CookiesCalories 176 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate with the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Cool the mixture for 15 minutes, until room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Stir into the wet mixture.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (3)Category Desserts, RecipesServings 16Calories 330 per serving
- Bake the brownies according to package instructions. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Crumble into tiny pieces.
- In a tall glass, punch, or trifle bowl, assemble the layers in this order: half of the brownie crumbles, half of the pudding, a third of the crushed toffee bars, and half of the whipped topping.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE RECIPE - WELLNESS FOR THE WIN
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 292 per serving
- Bake the brownies per the directions on the box, cool completely and cut up into at least 48 small pieces so that you can spread them as a layer.
- Make the chocolate mousse by combining the 2 boxes of chocolate pudding mix with 4 cups of heavy whipping cream and beat for approximately 4 minutes or until it forms a stiff peak when you lift the mixer. Put the mousse in the fridge to chill for an hour or so.
- In a glass bowl or large trifle dish, layer as follows: ½ of the brownies, cut into small pieces½ chocolate mousse½ cup of toffee bits1 tub of Cool Whip
- Repeat layers, then sprinkle top with more toffee bits and mini chocolate chips. You could also add some shaved chocolate from a Hershey candy bar on top or anything chocolate just to make it even yummier and pretty!
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
5/5 (144)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 198 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well, until combined. Add your wet ingredients and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Distribute the batter amongst the two cake pans. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, carefully slice them in half so 4 thin cakes remain.
BEST DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DEATH BY ...
Category Feed a Crowd, DessertTotal Time 2 hrs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160ºC fan). Line three 20cm round cake pans with parchment and grease with cooking spray.
- Make cake: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and salt.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE (ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE)- THE ...
Reviews 47Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 6-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream butter until smooth. Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add to bowl in three additions. Mix on low speed after each addition. Add salt and milk. Mix until combined. Adjust consistency according to preference. If buttercream is too thick, add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved. If buttercream is too thin, add 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar (up to 3/4 cup). Set aside until ready to use.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Bring heavy cream to a simmer. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 3 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and stir ganache until homogenous. Allow to sit at room temperature for 8-10 minutes until ganache has slightly thickened.
- Level cake rounds. Slice each cake round into two layers, for a total of 4 layers of cake. Build cake and frost with buttercream. Allow to chill in the fridge while ganache thickens. Once ganache is ready, pour melted chocolate over chilled cake. Immediately decorate the top of the cake with you desired toppings (Oreos, chocolate wafers, chocolate bars, chocolate candies). Place in fridge for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set up. Remove from fridge and serve immediately.
EASY DEATH BY CHOCOLATE TRIFLE - BELLY FULL
Ratings 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- In a 4 to 5 quart glass trifle bowl, layer in the following order: half of the cake crumbles, half of the fudge sauce, half of the pudding, half of the crushed Oreos, half of the chocolate chips, and half of the Cool Whip.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM RECIPE | HANDLE THE HEAT
4.9/5 (21)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and 1 to 2 cups of water. Place a medium bowl fitted with a fine strainer inside the ice bath.
- Heat the cream, butter, and sugars in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Let stand for 3 minutes before stirring completely smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before using. Fudge swirl can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container in batches, spooning the fudge swirl in between layers of ice cream in a swirled pattern. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the ice cream and freeze until it is firm, about 3 hours, before serving.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE: THE LAST WORD ON A CONSUMING PASSION ...
4.7/5 (94)Format HardcoverAuthor Marcel Desaulniers See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE: DESSERT HEAVEN WITH 30 OF OUR BEST ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE VODKA COCKTAIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (55)Category Misc. Desserts See details »
UNIQUE DEATH BY CHOCOLATE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE - TIPSY BARTENDER
See details »
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE (SUPER MOIST) - ULTIMATE ...
See details »
ULTIMATE DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | BEST CHOCOLATE ...
See details »
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion for-1-or-2 5-ingredients-or-less south-african beverages african easy dinner-party chocolate cocktails food-processor-blender equipment small-appliance number-of-servings 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love