DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN STYLE CORN
- For the chipotle salt: Combine the chipotle powder and salt and store in an airtight container.
- For the corn: Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat until hot, and then add the corn and char on all sides, turning occasionally, until blackened in parts, 12 to 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the charred corn kernels and cook until warmed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, the mayonnaise, cilantro and lime zest. Season with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the chipotle salt. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cotija cheese and more chipotle salt.
MEXICAN STYLE CORN
On the streets of Santa Maria, California, street vendors (think an ice cream man with a 'trash can' full of hot corn on the cob instead of ice cream) roam the sidewalks selling corn on the cob for a dollar an ear! They slide a wooden skewer in one end for you to hold the corn. We crave it often and it's become a regular on our Saturday grill nights! Give it a try. You'll be surprised!
Provided by rOckabLe
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and gently place ears of corn into the boiling water. Reduce heat to low and simmer until corn is very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove an ear of corn with tongs and spread about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise all over the kernels. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of margarine over the ear of corn in a zig-zag line, turning the ear as you squeeze. Generously sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the ear and dust with chili powder. Repeat with remaining ears of corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Cholesterol 9.6 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 306.2 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
MEXICAN STREET VENDOR STYLE CORN SALAD
I lived in southern California for many years. Around Cinco de Mayo, there would be fiestas in our neighborhood. Vendors sold grilled corn on the cob prepared with butter, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chile powder and a lime wedge. They were so delicious! After moving, we'd crave this corn, so I altered the recipe using canned corn and mixed in the same ingredients for a similar treat that doesn't require an outdoor grill.
Provided by Parizienne
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour the corn into a saucepan, and boil over high heat until hot. Drain well, and return to the saucepan. Stir in the butter, mayonnaise, and cotija cheese. Season to taste with ground red pepper and lime juice. Spoon into a serving dish, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.5 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 9.5 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 394.8 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
MEXICAN-STYLE STREET CORN RECIPE BY TASTY
- Boil the corn for about 5 minutes.
- Push a skewer through the middle of each ear of corn.
- Drain, then brush them evenly with the melted butter.
- Spread a bit of mayo all over each ear of corn.
- Scoop the cotija cheese generously on the corn, making sure it covers all sides.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the chili powder evenly across the corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 837 calories, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 70 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 7 grams
BOBBY FLAY MEXICALI CORN WITH LIME BUTTER
- whisk together butter, lime zest, lime juice,honey, 1tsp salt in a small bowl. place in fridge until firm, approx 15 minutes or for up to 1 day.
- heat oil in large saute pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. add onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper, cook until soft, 4-5 minutes. add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. stir in corn and cook until just heated thru, 2-3minutes.
- add butter and stir until it just begins to melt and coats the mixture/. remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and add cilantro.
More about "deconstructed mexican style corn recipes"
DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN CORN - SIVAN AYLA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the corn. Cook until warmed through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with extra Cojita, lime juice, Tajin sprinkled over everything, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN STREET CORN - CANS GET YOU …
MEXICAN CORN: DECONSTRUCTED | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MEXICAN STREET CORN OFF THE COB - ELOTE RECIPE
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE (ELOTES MEXICANOS)
10 BEST MEXICAN CORN SIDE DISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
DECONSTRUCTED ELOTE RECIPE RECIPE - BUDGET GOURMET RECIPES
PIONEER WOMAN MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD / EPISODE +24 RECIPE ...
ELOTE DIP - MEXICAN STREET CORN DIP - COOKING CARNIVAL
19 MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN …
DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN STYLE CORN - LIFE'S A TOMATO
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD (ELOTE DECONSTRUCTED) - FLAVOR …
25 SIMPLE CANNED CORN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
ELOTE (MEXICAN STREET CORN) - THE MODERN PROPER
DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN ELOTE - FEED YOUR SOUL TOO
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - 4 SONS 'R' US
15 IRRESISTIBLE TAKES ON MEXICAN STREET CORN - TASTE OF HOME
MEXICAN STREET CORN CASSEROLE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
MEXICAN STREET CORN MADE EASY (IT IS SO DARN GOOD!)
DECONSTRUCTED MEXICAN STYLE CORN | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES ...
EASY MEXICAN STREET CORN (ELOTES) RECIPE - MADE 2 WAYS
EASY MEXICAN CORN (THE PERFECT SUMMER SIDE DISH)
MEXICAN STREET CORN CREAMED CORN - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
BEST MEXICAN CORN SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CORN …
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - SO EASY AND SOOOO GOOD!
MEXICAN STREET CORN IN A CUP - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
LOW FAT MEXICAN STREET CORN - THERESCIPES.INFO
MEXICAN STREET CORN OFF THE COB - WHITNEYBOND.COM
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD (ESQUITES) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE: AUTHENTIC MEXICAN STYLE STREET VENDOR CORN - BETTER LIVING
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN STREET CORN - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
DECONSTRUCTED ELOTES (MEXICAN‐STYLE STREET CORN)
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - JO COOKS
ELOTES: MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE (OVEN OR GRILL) - UMAMI GIRL
ROASTED MEXICAN STREET CORN - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY OFF THE COB MEXICAN STREET CORN - EVERYDAY MADE FRESH
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
MEXICAN CORN ON THE COB - DAMN DELICIOUS
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN STREET CORN - CROCK POTS AND FLIP FLOPS
CHIPOTLE MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE - A SASSY SPOON
You'll also love