- For the Tartar Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F, in a deep cast iron skillet, or in a Dutch oven over medium heat to a depth of about 2-3 inches, until it reaches 350°F. If you don't have a deep-fry thermometer, sprinkle a few drops of water on the hot oil. If it sizzles, the oil is hot enough.
- Drain the oysters in a colander and pat dry with paper towels. Use a toothpick to poke a small hole in the large round part of each oyster.
- Put the buttermilk in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, Old Bay seasoning and pepper.
- Add the oysters to the buttermilk and soak for a few minutes. Remove the oysters from the buttermilk, gently shake off excess liquid, and dredge in cornmeal mixture to coat on all sides. Shake off excess breading and transfer to a wire rack.
- Working in batches so that you don't overcrowd the pan, fry oysters until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, season with additional salt and pepper (if necessary) while they're still warm, and serve hot with tartar sauce or other dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /6 of the oysters, Calories 208 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Sodium 1213 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 2 g
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper. Dredge oysters in flour mixture, dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
- Carefully slide oysters into hot oil. Cook five at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 99.6 mg, Fat 47.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 776 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
DEEP-FRIED OYSTERS WITH HOT SAUCE
- Mix together the ingredients for sauce.
- Cover closely and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Mix the cornmeal with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the oysters in cornmeal.
- Deep fry in batches in oil heated to 375 degrees for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately, with hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.1, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 157.6, Sodium 598.2, Carbohydrate 41.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 30.8
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce in a casserole dish. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper together in a separate casserole dish.
- Add the oysters to the buttermilk and let soak. Then remove, letting the excess drip off, and dredge through the cornmeal mixture, tapping off the excess. Fry in the hot oil in batches, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve hot with the Remoulade Sauce.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a small bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
FRIED OYSTERS WITH TARTAR SAUCE
Getting fried oysters from your summer seafood shack is fun, but making them yourself yields something crispy, light and, most significantly, tender. Shuck carefully, bread delicately and fry to golden perfection, then serve with this bright, lively tartar sauce, which gets its spark from cornichons, capers and lemon juice. Eat while hot - whether you're wearing flip flops or polished oxfords, that's up to you.
Provided by Gabrielle Hamilton
Yield 24 oysters and 1 pint sauce
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare the oysters: Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge each oyster in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg, then coat evenly in the panko.
- Set breaded oysters on a baking cooling rack, leaving a little room between the oysters so they can dry and set. Refrigerate until ready to fry and serve.
- Make the sauce: Finely mince garlic with a pinch of salt until sticky and pasty. Mince shallots, cornichons and capers as finely as possible. Add all to a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, caper brine and cornichon vinegar, and stir well. Add chopped parsley, stir well and season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fry the oysters: Melt enough shortening in a deep medium skillet (we love cast iron) over medium for 1 1/2 inches of liquified fat once hot. Increase heat to medium-high. It's ready to fry in when a few crumbs of panko or the tip of a wooden chopstick sizzles actively in the fat.
- Add the oysters cold from the refrigerator, working in batches of 6 to 8 or as you have room. Fry, making sure to turn them to get both sides, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, depending on size. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider, and let rest on a clean rack while you fry the rest. Season each batch with a little salt while still piping hot, as soon as you pull them from the fat. Serve with tartar sauce.
FRIED OYSTERS WITH CREAMY TARTAR SAUCE
- Heat the oil to 280 degrees.
- Cut the leek into very, very thin matchsticks about three inches long and as thin as possible. In several batches, drop the leek slices into the oil and fry until golden brown, about four to five minutes. The oil should not be too hot or the leeks will fry too quickly and burn. Drain on paper towels and set aside. This can be done up to two hours in advance.
- Open the oysters, reserve the oyster liquor and strain it to remove any portions of shell or sand. Place the liquor in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the oysters, poach them for just 30 seconds and drain, again reserving the liquor. When the oysters and the liquor have cooled, combine them again, to keep the oysters moist and plump. This can be done up to two hours in advance.
- Prepare three plates for coating the oysters: one with the flour, one with the eggs and egg yolks whisked together, and a third with the fresh bread crumbs.
- To prepare the tartar sauce, combine the cornichons, capers, mustard, paprika and parsley. Whip the creme fraiche or heavy cream until stiff. Carefully fold the cornichon mixture into the cream. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Drain the oysters and dredge them, one at a time, in the flour. Dip them into the egg mixture, then dredge them in the bread crumbs. Fry the oysters, three or four at a time, until nicely browned, about one minute. Between batches, check that the oil temperature remains steady.
- To serve, place the oysters on a platter, top with a nest of fried leeks and place a spoonful of tartar sauce alongside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 583, UnsaturatedFat 30 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 43 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 404 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS
- Rinse oysters, and cut any that are too large in half.
- Mix well the flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- Should be like pancake batter.
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Heat oil to very hot, (375) in a large skillet.
- Dip oysters in batter, let drain a few seconds.
- Carefully drop oysters in hot oil.
- Fry for about 4 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.1, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 174.8, Sodium 869.7, Carbohydrate 38.1, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.2, Protein 28.2
More about "deep fried oysters with hot sauce recipes"
RECIPE FOR FRIED OYSTERS DEEP FRYER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CHINESE DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH DIPPING SAUCE - THE …
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS - SEAFOOD - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
CRUNCHY DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH COCKTAIL SAUCE | RECIPE - PINTEREST
FRIED OYSTERS WITH DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
10 BEST FRIED OYSTER DIPPING SAUCES RECIPES | YUMMLY
NASHVILLE HOT FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE - COOKING WITH JANICA
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH REMOULADE - GARLIC & ZEST
CHINESE DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH DIPPING SAUCE – HOT CHILIS -A …
CRUNCHY DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH COCKTAIL SAUCE - ALL OUR …
CRUNCHY DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH COCKTAIL SAUCE | RECIPE | DEEP …
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS W/ REMOULADE DIPPING SAUCE - GRILLING 24X7
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS WITH HOT SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DEEP SOUTH DISH: SIMPLE, PERFECT, DEEP FRIED OYSTERS
SOUTHERN FRIED OYSTERS | WORKS BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLE - BUTTER N THYME
RECIPE FOR DEEP FRIED OYSTERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS | RECIPE | OYSTER RECIPES, DEEP FRIED ... - PINTEREST
3 EASY FRIED OYSTER RECIPES - WHITE STONE OYSTER COMPANY
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS - CAREER GIRL MEETS...
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS BATTER RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FRIED OYSTERS WITH REMOULADE | FOOD & WINE
FRIED OYSTERS | RICARDO
25 BEST OYSTER RECIPES FOR AN EASY GOURMET DINNER
HOT AND CRISPY SOUTHERN FRIED OYSTERS - SWEET SAVANT
OUR COAST'S FOOD: 5 EASY SAUCES FOR OYSTERS | COASTAL REVIEW
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS - THE ANGRY BISCUIT
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRIED OYSTERS? 7 BEST SIDE DISHES
27 BEST PAN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPES FOR YOU - THE PAN HANDLER
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DEEP FRIED HOT SAUCE (COPY CAT RECIPE) - FOOD NEWS
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS - SUEANDGAMBO.COM
#oysters #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #sauces #appetizers #lunch #condiments-etc #eggs-dairy #seafood #american #cajun #southern-united-states #easy #fall #finger-food #holiday-event #romantic #spring #summer #winter #dips #deep-fry #creole #dietary #spicy #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #savory-sauces #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #presentation #technique
You'll also love