This mild and meaty Southwestern dish combines the delicious flavor of tacos with the heartiness of baked burritos. Your family's going to love 'em! -Monica Flatford, Knoxville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes., In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through., Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 627 calories, Fat 40g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 1131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
GREAT CHICKEN TAQUITOS
- Bring water to a simmer in a skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cover skillet and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken from water and cool; shred with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken, tomatoes, green onions, chicken broth, flour, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium heat; carefully dip tortillas in the hot oil to soften, about 1 minute. Remove tortillas with tongs and drain on paper towels, reserving oil. Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Tightly roll each tortilla around the filling and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Fry rolled-up tortillas, working in batches, in hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove taquitos with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve taquitos on a bed of shredded lettuce with guacamole on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.1 g, Cholesterol 39.3 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 317.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
TACORITOS RECIPE RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by dcarriger56
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Directions In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings. Cooking for 2: Tacoritos for Two Nutrition Facts: 1 tacorito (calculated without optional toppings) equals 627 calories, 40 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,131 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein
AUTHENTIC PUERTO RICAN SOFRITO
Sofrito is the secret to many Hispanic Caribbean recipes. It is a fragrant aromatic puree of peppers, onions, garlic, herbs, and olive oil. The magic herb in this fragrant mixture is cilantro. My family's recipe produces a sofrito that is very flavorful, complex and oh-so-delicious! Use it in soups and stews as well as in rice dishes. Freeze whatever portions will not be used within 2 weeks. They will keep for about 3 months in the freezer.
Provided by MKCortes (Latin Goddess)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut green bell pepper and red bell pepper in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs. Place peppers cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Roast under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Seal to let peppers steam as they cool, about 15 minutes. Remove skins under running water and discard. Chop flesh into large pieces.
- Place pepper pieces, sweet chile peppers, onion, scallions, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, culantro, olives, oregano, and capers in a blender or food processor. Blend, adding 1/2 cup olive oil and water in batches, until mixture is pureed but some chunks remain.
- Divide blended mixture among four 16-ounce containers, filling each 3/4 of the way. Top each with 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil to help preserve mixture. Close containers and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.6 g, Fat 2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 28.9 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
EASY CHICKEN TAQUITOS
Rolled, corn tortillas with chicken, baked until crisp. Serve as an appetizer or side dish with salsa or serve as main course topping with lettuce, tomato, olives, sour cream, etc. I have also added chopped onion to the chicken mix.
Provided by Sarah
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine the chicken and cheese in a bowl; stir in the hot pepper sauce. Warm the tortillas one at a time in a skillet over medium heat until flexible about 10 seconds per side.
- Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of the chicken over half of the warmed tortilla. Roll tightly to form the taquito starting at the filled side of the tortilla. Place seamed side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23.3 g, Cholesterol 33.9 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 292.3 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir grated tempeh into onion mixture; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth over the tempeh mixture and reduce heat to low; season with taco seasoning, oregano, and ground red pepper. Cook, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 391.6 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
TACO IN A BAG
- Place ground beef in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned. Drain excess oil. Mix in the taco seasoning and prepare according to the directions on the package.
- With the bags unopened, gently crush the corn chips. Snip the corners off the bags using scissors and slit open the bags along the side edge. Spoon equal amounts of the beef mixture, lettuce, tomato, Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream into the bags on top of the crushed chips. Serve in the bag and eat using a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 902 calories, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 134 mg, Fat 60.9 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 34.6 g, SaturatedFat 23 g, Sodium 1390.1 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN STREET TACOS
- Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and top with tortillas; heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave until heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Layer chicken, cilantro, onion, and guacamole, in that order, onto each tortilla. Squeeze lime juice over each taco.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 697.1 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Cholesterol 157.5 mg, Fat 29.9 g, Fiber 9.7 g, Protein 64.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 177 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
This is very good! It is a combination of a taco and a burrito. I got this from the Colorado Cache cookbook. Prep time approximate. Cook time does not include making the white sauce.
Provided by keen5
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add chili powder, garlic, salt and onion.
- Combine white sauce, sage, oregano, cumin and chiles.
- Simmer over very low heat until warm.
- Reserve 1 cup sauce and 1 cup grated cheese.
- Mix remaining sauce and cheese with meat, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place this mixture in tortillas, roll and place seam side down in a flat ungreased baking dish.
- Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.1, Fat 22.3, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 49.9, Sodium 770.7, Carbohydrate 32.3, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 5, Protein 18.5
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven 350 degrees-F.
- Melt shortening in skillet. Add flour and brown lightly to make a roux. Add red chili powder, garlic powder, and cold water. Simmer slowly until gravy thickens. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, crush tomatoes. Add chilies and minced onion and blend well.
- Brown sausage, ground chuck and chopped onion in skillet. Drain excess grease. Add green chile sauce, refried beans and salt, to taste. Turn heat to low and simmer until warm. Prepare a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and place a couple of tablespoons of enchilada gravy on the bottom to prevent the food from sticking. Dip each tortilla in the gravy and lay flat in the baking dish. Spread meat filling across the center of the tortillas, top with shredded cheese and lettuce. Roll up the tortilla and when finished, pour leftover gravy over the tortillas. Sprinkle with more cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
This recipe from Monica Flatford of Knoxville, TN won the grand prize in Taste of Home's Ground Beef Contest. This recipe is a keeper. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Ultimate Comfort Food Issue, February/March 2010.
Provided by AmyZoe
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth and gradually add water.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in chili powder and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage, and onion until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in refried beans and heat through.
- Spread 1/4 c sauce in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla and place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each.
- Top each with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 18 to 22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 645.8, Fat 42, SaturatedFat 20.2, Cholesterol 144.8, Sodium 734.2, Carbohydrate 25.5, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 1.4, Protein 40.5
QUICK BEEF TAQUITOS
Always a crowd pleaser, one of those recipes you have to kick everyone out of the kitchen to be able to complete. It's fast and delicious with beef, cheese, and chiles. Served best with sour cream and guacamole.
Provided by TRACEY
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine roast beef, pepper jack cheese, and green chilies in a bowl. Use a fork to break up the beef and mix ingredients.
- Fry tortillas in hot oil just long enough to soften, just a few seconds; drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Begin spooning beef mixture into tortillas making a line down the middle of the tortilla. Roll tortilla around the filling and place in frying pan with the edge of the rolled tortilla facing the bottom of the pan. Cook until the tortillas are completely browned, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain again on paper towels before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 75.8 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1148.7 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
More about "delicious tacoritos recipes"
BAKED CHEESE TACORITOS MEXICAN RECIPE - MEXGROCER
TACORITOS - LOVE FOOD, WILL SHARE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BEEF TOTCHOS RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE BEEF TOTCHOS
TACORITOS - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER AND GROCERY LIST
Reviews 1Servings 12Cuisine MexicanCategory Main Dish
TACORITOS - NOBLE PIG – A BLOG DEDICATED TO DELICIOUS ...
CHICKEN TACO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOLLY SPRINGS TACORITO RECIPES
TACORITOS RECIPE -THIS MILD AND MEATY SOUTHWESTERN DISH ...
RECIPES GALORE - DOUBLEFEATUREPREACHERS
TACORITO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
DELICIOUS TACORITOS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
TACORITO- GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN...OMAHA/LINCOLN, NE …
LA FONDA TACORITO RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook burritos?Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
How many calories are in a tacorito?Serve with optional toppings as desired. 1 tacorito: 627 calories, 40g fat (19g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1131mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
How much sauce do you put on a burritos?Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
How do you make a walking taco for 50?Walking Tacos For 50. This recipe can be made a couple of days ahead and refrigerated or even frozen for a longer period. Brown 3 pounds of meat with 3 chopped onions and about 9 pressed garlic cloves. Open three freezer bags and in each bag place, one can of tomatoes, one can of refried beans, 1 pound of meat and the spices.