CRISPY CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE
- Make the tartar sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, pickles, scallions, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a medium bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Meanwhile, make the crab cakes: Mix the mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice and Old Bay in a large bowl until combined. Add the panko and mix again. Add the crab and mix, taking care not to crush the meat. Shape the crab mixture into 8 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter. Cover and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a brown paper bag or a double layer of paper towels. Pour enough vegetable oil into a large skillet to come 1/2 inch up the side and heat over medium-high heat until the oil is hot but not smoking. Add the crab cakes in batches and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the cakes and continue cooking until golden, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the crab cakes to the lined baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while cooking the remaining cakes. Serve hot with the tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE
Provided by Rick Rodgers
Categories Shellfish Fry Cocktail Party Super Bowl Kentucky Derby Back to School Lunch Winter Shower
Yield Makes 6 cakes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the sauce:
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber with the salt. Let stand about 1 hour. Transfer to a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Pat the cucumber dry.
- In a small bowl, mix the drained cucumber, mayonnaise, scallion, capers, and anchovy paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The tartar sauce can be prepared up to 3 days ahead.)
- To make the crab cakes:
- Mix the 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, scallion, Worcestershire sauce, and Delmarva or Old Bay seasoning. Mix in the crabmeat with wet hands, form into 6 cakes about 3 inches wide. Place the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a deep plate. Coat the crab cakes in the crumbs and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Into a large deep skillet (preferably cast iron), pour vegetable oil to a depth of 1/2 inch, and heat over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Carefully add the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spatula, transfer to the paper towels to drain. Serve hot, with the tartar sauce on the side.
- To make Delmarva Seasoning: Mix 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon ground celery seed, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Will keep indefinitely in a tightly covered container in a cool, dark place. Makes about 3 tablespoons.
CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 crab cakes (6 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the tartar sauce: Mix together the mayonnaise, cornichons and brine, parsley, tarragon, scallion and shallot in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors blend, at least 30 minutes (this can be refrigerated for several days).
- For the crab cakes: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently mix the crabmeat, scallions, mayonnaise, Old Bay, parsley, 4 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, taking care not to break up the crab lumps. Season with white pepper and additional salt, if necessary, to taste. Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold in the eggs until the mixture just clings together. If necessary, add more breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Divide the crab mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each into a round cake, about 2 1/2 inches across and 1 inch high. Lay formed crab cakes on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes (these can be refrigerated up to 24 hours).
- Put the flour on a plate or in a pie tin. Gently place the crab cakes, one by one, into the flour and dust all over with flour to lightly coat. Set the floured cakes on a wire rack.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Gently lay half of the floured crab cakes in the skillet and cook until the outsides are crisp and browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining crab cakes.
CRAB CAKES WITH REMOULADE SAUCE
The best crab cakes are freshly made and cooked in your skillet just until crunchy on the outside. The remoulade sauce is inspired by New Orleans cooking, and you can adjust the spice levels with more or less horseradish and Louisiana-style hot sauce. Crisp French fries make a great side, but you can go lighter with marinated green bean salad.
Provided by Ball Park Buns
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Ball Park Buns
Number Of Ingredients 24
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well. Cover and hold in refrigerator.
- To make crab cakes, combine mayonnaise, egg, red onion and parsley in a large bowl, stirring well with a fork.
- Add crab, 1 cup bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Stir until combined; the mixture will be fairly loose and wet.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties of equal size. Coat each patty in remaining bread crumbs to make a crust.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook patties for about 8 minutes, turning just once about halfway through cooking, just until uniformly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brush hamburger buns with melted butter and toast at 400 degrees F just until they begin to brown at edges.
- To serve, place patty on each bun, top with remoulade sauce and desired trimmings. Serve with extra sauce and lemon wedges on the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 707.3 calories, Carbohydrate 62.7 g, Cholesterol 99.9 mg, Fat 41.2 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 25.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1440.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTER SAUCE
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber with the salt. Let stand about 1 hour. Transfer to a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Pat the cucumber dry. 2. In a small bowl, mix the drained cucumber, mayonnaise, scallion, capers, and anchovy paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The tartar sauce can be prepared up to 3 days ahead.) 3. TO MAKE THE CRAB CAKES: Mix the 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, scallion, Worcestershire sauce, and Delmarva seasoning. Mix in the crabmeat with wet hands, form into 6 cakes about 3 inches wide. Place the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a deep plate. Coat the crab cakes in the crumbs and set aside. 4. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Into a large, deep skillet (preferably cast iron), pour vegetable oil to a depth of 1/2 inch, and heat over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Carefully add the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spatula, transfer to the paper towels to drain. Serve hot, with the tartar sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH QUICK TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by MissAlyssaG
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Crab Cake 1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. 2. Combine the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Add the crab meat (be sure to check the meat for any hard and sharp cartilage) and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Shape into 6 crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 3. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with canola oil. When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Be careful as oil may splatter. Serve immediately with tartar sauce or a squeeze of lemon. *If you can only find jumbo lump crab meat, you may need to break the pieces up a bit. If the clumps are too large, the crab cakes won't hold together well. Tartar Sauce Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
More about "delmarva crab cakes with cucumber tartar sauce recipes"
LOUISIANA CRAB CAKES WITH CREOLE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE
7 BEST SAUCES FOR CRAB CAKES | FOOD & WINE
TOP 5 EASY HOMEMADE CRAB CAKE SAUCES - CAMERON'S SEAFOOD
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
EASY CRAB CAKE RECIPE - A CEDAR SPOON
EASY HOMEMADE CRAB CAKES - THE HUNGRY WAITRESS
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTER SAUCE | RECIPE | CRAB …
DELMARVA CRAB CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH QUICK TARTAR SAUCE - ONCE …
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE: DELMARVA CRAB CAKES WITH CUCUMBER TARTAR SAUCE FOR JOE …
CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
DUNGENESS CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE AND PICKLES
CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CUCUMBER SAUCE - CLEAN EATING MAG
CRAB CAKES - DELICIOUS AND COST-FRIENDLY CRAB CAKES ... - FIFTEEN …
CRAB CAKES WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE - FRAICHE LIVING
MARYLAND LUMP CRAB CAKES WITH SPICY TARTAR SAUCE
RECIPE: DELMARVA CRAB CAKE - SPICE PLACE
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES RECIPE | CRAB PLACE
DELMARVA CRAB CAKE RECIPE – SPICE PLACE COOKING BLOG
DELMARVA CRAB CAKES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
OUTDOORS DELMARVA: CRAB CAKES IN A CASSEROLE DISH RECIPE
RECIPES/DELMARVA.MD AT MASTER · DPAPATHANASIOU/RECIPES · GITHUB
DEL-MAR-VA CRAB CAKES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH QUICK TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE
CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE - TIFFANI THIESSEN
CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CRAB CAKES WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CRAB CAKES WITH JALAPENO TARTAR SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
CRAB CAKE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make crab cakes with tartar sauce?Be careful as oil may splatter. Meanwhile, make the tartar sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, red onion, lemon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well, then cover and chill until ready to serve with the crab cakes.
How to cook crab cakes?Shape into 6 large crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This is really important to help the crab cakes set. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with oil. When the oil is hot, place crab cakes in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
How do you make quick tartar sauce?For the Quick Tartar Sauce 1 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's or Duke's 1-1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon minced red onion 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
What are Chesapeake blue crabs and crab cakes?A Maryland staple, these crab cakes are made from fresh lump crab meat and just enough filler to bind the crabmeat together. When you live in Maryland, eating Chesapeake blue crabs and crab cakes is practically a religion—and, in my family, we are all loyal devotees.