DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD
This was fixed by my grandmother every Thanksgiving and was my favorite dish. It was a dish her family made during the depression, crab must have been prevalent then. Very simple to make with only 4 ingredients. My niece that hates onions even loves this. My measurements are not exact because I just throw it together, you may need to adjust it some. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it in our family.
Provided by Shirl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In large bowl add shredded lettuce in 1/4-inch strips the thiner the better, but not too thin.
- Dice onion and add to bowl. You can use less or more onion, but it has to have onion. I often add more depending on the hotness of the onion.
- Chop crab and add to bowl, sometimes I add more crab.
- Rule that I generally use is for every head of lettuce, I use at least 4 oz (or more) of crab and 1/2 of an onion.
- Add 1 cup mayonnaise to bowl toss, add rest of mayonnaise by 1/2 cup tossing well after each. You may not need it all depending on the size of your heads of lettuce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. This requires a lot of pepper you should be able to see the little black dots.
- Left over this is good it seems to marinate and become even better.
LOW-FAT CRAB SALAD
- Blend mayonnaise and seafood seasoning in medium bowl.
- Mix celery and onion.
- Add crabmeat and stir gently to combine without breaking up crabmeat.
- Season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77.4, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 35.7, Sodium 721.1, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.7, Protein 15.7
More about "depression crab salad recipes"
CRAB SALAD RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (26)Calories 309 per servingCategory Salad
THE GREAT DEPRESSION ERA RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
31 DELICIOUS DISHES GRANDMA MADE DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CRAB SALAD RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
HOW TO MAKE GREAT DEPRESSION MEALS: DANDELION SALAD ...
Author WonderhowtoEstimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY IMITATION CRAB SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE
4/5 (71)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Lunch, Entree, SaladCalories 647 per serving
LIGHT CRAB SALAD RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 90 per serving
EASIEST CRAB SALAD (WITH 3 WAYS TO SERVE!) | FAVORITE ...
5/5 (23)Calories 207 per servingCategory Salad
CRAB SALAD RECIPE - 30 MINUTES MEALS
Ratings 3Category Appetizer, SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Prepare all the ingredients and add them to a large bowl, except the green onions, stir to combine.
BEST CRAB SALAD - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
5/5 (15)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
- Add the crab meat, bell pepper, green onion, and relish to a large bowl that has a tight fitting lid.
THE EASIEST CRAB SALAD RECIPE EVER – SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
- Dice the imitation crab meat into small pieces. Gently fold the imitation crab (or an equal amount of real crab meat) into the salad. Cover tightly and chill for up to 24 hours before serving.
QUICK CRAB AND APPLE SALAD - ALL WE EAT
Servings 2Category American
CRAB SALAD RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
10 BEST CRABMEAT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRAB SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST HEALTHY CRAB SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD RECIPES
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DEPRESSION-ERA RECIPES THAT ARE STILL DELICIOUS | ALLRECIPES
DEPRESSION CRAB SALAD RECIPE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #salads #seafood #easy #crab #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to serve crab salad?It is the easiest, most simple crab salad recipe ever. This recipe is great just as-is. When serving plain, you can serve on lettuce leaves or individual glass dishes (Martini glasses are really pretty if you want to be fancy with it). You can easily dress this recipe up or down depending on what you are serving.
What are the ingredients in a crab salad?Ingredients 1 1 pound imitation crab meat flaked style, or sticks cut into slices 2 1/2 cup celery finely chopped 3 3 tablespoons red onion finely chopped 4 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning 5 2 teaspoons lemon juice 6 salt and pepper to taste 7 1/2 cup mayonnaise 8 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped, plus more for garnish More ...
How do you make imitation crab salad?In a medium bowl, mix together sweet onion, celery, dill pickle, sweet pickle relish, dill weed, salt, white pepper, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and chives until combined. Toss in chopped imitation crab at the end. It has a stringy texture and may fall apart in the salad if it is overmixed.
How to make crab cakes with mayonnaise?Instructions 1 Add the crab meat, bell pepper, green onion, and relish to a large bowl that has a tight fitting lid. 2 In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, and seasonings. 3 Pour the dressing over the crab mixture and stir to combine. 4 Serve immediately in rolls if desired, or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.