These make fantastic appetizers before a larger seafood feast, or, if you use big Dungeness crab shells as I do here, a light supper all by itself. You can refrigerate the mixture for a few days beforehand, and you can freeze the stuffed crabs, well wrapped, for a few months.
Provided by Hank Shaw
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook the onions in the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat until they turn translucent, a few minutes. Add the garlic and minced chile and cook another minute or two. Turn off the heat and let this cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, except for the melted butter and the citrus. Mix well. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- When the onion mixture has cooled, mix it into the crab mixture. Stuff the mixture into cleaned crab shells or whatever else makes you happy. Drizzle the melted butter over the stuffed shells evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and serve with wedges of lemon or lime.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 23 g, Fat 31 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Sodium 1205 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Deviled crabs are a quintessential Gullah dish similar to crab cakes. I like to serve them in cleaned crab shells for a pretty presentation. Ask your local fishmonger for the crab shells-they may sell them. Or, you can bake the deviled crab in small ovenproof dishes, too.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pulse the onion, celery and red bell pepper in a food processor until minced. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced vegetables and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sherry, seafood seasoning, mace and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the cooled vegetables. Fold in the crabmeat and cracker crumbs. Spoon about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the crab mixture into each crab shell and brush with melted butter. Place the crab shells on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook onion and celery, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Gently toss crab with lemon juice.
- Coarsely crush saltines with your hands in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, Sherry, cayenne, and salt, then fold in crab.
- Divide among scallop shells and bake in middle of oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- We use Outerbridge's brand, from Bermuda. Available at specialty foods shops and from 441-296-4451 or outerbridge.com.
- ** Available at Bridge Kitchenware (800-274-3435).
This dish needs a bit of preparation due to the amount of chopping! But it's a great dish to make, the cayenne and mustard really give it flavour and bite.
Provided by seafoodandeatit
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the crab meat with the breadcrumbs, celery, onions and moisten with the butter and cream.
- Season with the mustard, salt, cayenne, parsley and sweet green pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pile the mixture into shells or flat individual dishes and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
DEVILED CRAB CASSEROLE
AFTER creating this recipe, I later pared it down to serve two. I serve this entree often, since it's so easy to assemble. Along with a green salad, dessert and coffee, this casserole makes a quick, delicious lunch or dinner. -Helen Bachman, Champaign, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. , Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 738 calories, Fat 46g fat (26g saturated fat), Cholesterol 392mg cholesterol, Sodium 1801mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
A nice warm casserole. I adapted this recipe from The Oregonian newspaper. My kids liked this one too!
Provided by Mrs. Mike F
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place cubed bread in bowl with milk and mash to a pasty consistency.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Saute onions and celery in 1/4 c.
- of butter until softened.
- Pour onions, celery and butter over bread mixture and mix to combine.
- IF bread mixture is cooled, add crabmeat, mustard and eggs.
- Stir to combine-but not too much-you don't want to totally separate the crab chunks.
- Pour into EITHER 6 greased ramekins OR 1 large greased casserole.
- Spread in baking containers so that it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake ramekins for about 8 minutes//Bake casserole for 20 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of cooked deviled crab.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with either fresh parsley or fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.4, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 145.6, Sodium 1117.9, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 4.2, Protein 20.1
Dip your spoon into this super-rich comfort food, and you might think you're in heaven. Generous portions of crab are mixed with cream and eggs and flavored with chives, onions and more. Mmm ...
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. , Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat., Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chives., Spoon into six greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 194mg cholesterol, Sodium 697mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and saute green pepper and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Saute slowly till soft.
- Add remaining butter then celery and saute a few more minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and milk, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add crab meat and remaining seasonin, mixing thoroughly.
- Remove bay leaf and arrange mixture in ramekins.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Heat in 400 degree oven only until hot.
This is our hands-down favorite. Each cook had a slightly different recipe. This is Martina's.
Provided by Alex Ward
Categories dinner, weekday, casseroles, main course
Yield Four to six servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, making sure the saltines are blended in well. If the mixture is stiff, add a little more mayonnaise. Pack into a decorative baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 388, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 830 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
- In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and cayenne and cook until the mixture is smooth and bubbling, about five minutes.
- Whisk the raw egg yolk into the milk and add to the roux. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and smooth. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, parsley, lemon juice and hard-cooked egg yolks. Gently fold in the crab meat. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spoon the mixture into small ramekins and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Bake until the tops brown, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 309, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 470 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "devilishly good deviled crab recipes"
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS - MAKE YOUR …
3.9/5 (13)Total Time 40 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 401 per serving
EASY DEVILED CRAB - IT'S DEVILISHLY DELICIOUS
5/5 (4)Calories 416 per servingCategory Appetizer, Lunch, Main Course
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEVILED CRAB | EASY TO LEARN | QUICK RECIPES - YOUTUBE
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE DEVILED CRAB CROQUETTES
DEVILED CRAB - OLD LINE PLATE
DEVILED STUFFED CRAB - DEEP SOUTH DISH
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED CRAB - BEST RECIPE | CHARLESTON MAGAZINE
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
THE FAMOUS DAUFUSKIE DEVILED CRAB - HILTON HEAD MONTHLY
DEVILLED CRAB RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
EASY DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 DUNGENESS CRAB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
11 IMITATION CRAB RECIPES WITH REAL SEAFOOD FLAVOR
DEVILISHLY GOOD DEVILED HAM, CRAB, EGGS -- AND CAKE, TOO
DEVILISHLY GOOD DEVILED EGGS - MIDWEST LIVING
DEVILED CRAB RECIPES | CRAB PLACE
DEVILED DUNGENESS CRAB RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | SAVEUR
HEAVEN IN THE DETAILS OF DEVILISHLY GOOD DEVILED CRAB
DEVILED CRAB - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED DEVILED CRABS | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
BAKED DEVILED CRAB RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
SEAFOOD LOVERS, TRY A DEVILED CRABS RECIPE FROM CHARLESTON RECEIPTS
MISS BILLIE’S DEVILED CRAB | THE LOCAL PALATE
SIMON HOPKINSON'S PERFECT DEVILLED CRAB RECIPE - COUNTRY LIFE
HOW TO MAKE THE LEE BROS. DEVILED CRAB - BEST RECIPE
MRS. GRAY'S DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | CRAB PLACE
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | LOUISIANA SEAFOOD
DEVILED CRAB CROQUETTES - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
DEVILISHLY GOOD DEVILED EGGS - EGG FARMERS OF ALBERTA
NIGEL SLATER'S CLASSIC DEVILLED CRAB | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
BEST CRAB DEVILED EGGS - DAD WHATS 4 DINNER
THE GOOD DISH TA’RHONDA JONES&#39; DEVILED EGGS WITH CRAB, …
You'll also love