CLASSIC APPLE TART
Apple tart is my family's favorite dessert. I love it because it makes the house smell amazing and the tart looks so polished and beautiful (taking a few extra minutes to fan out the apples makes it look like it came from a bakery!). This is a French-style apple tart, not an apple pie, meaning a wedge of the tart is thinner and neater than a slice of all-American apple pie. Try it topped with ice cream for that delicious a la mode taste. Rolling the dough for the tart makes for a finer-textured crust, but on many occasions I have simply pressed the crust into place with great results.
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield Makes one 9- or 91/2-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set the cubed butter on a plate and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Fill a cup with ice and water and set aside. Place 1 1/2 of the flour, 1 8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Take the butter out of the freezer and add it to the flour. Pulse the mixture until it looks like wet sand, about 10 seconds. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ice water and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place the dough on top. Then lightly flour the top of the dough and roll to about a 10- to 11-inch circle, sprinkling more flour under and on top of the dough as necessary. Gently drape the dough over the rolling pin and transfer it to a 9- or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan (ideally one with a removable bottom). Fit the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan as evenly as possible and press off excess dough from the fluted rim. Set the tart pan on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350degreesF. Peel, core, and quarter the apples and then thinly slice them lengthwise. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, the cinnamon, and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 8 teaspoon salt. Remove the baking sheet with the tart shell from the refrigerator. Arrange the apples in concentric circles so they overlap slightly. Brush the edges of the crust with the melted butter and then bake until the edges are golden and the apples have cooked down, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
DIANE'S FRESH APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
Diane wanted the taste of carmel apples so she added the glaze to a recipe that she had made before. This is a great tasting, moist cake. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. The recipe comes from Diane Nemitz & Hometown recipes. Note: Nut lovers can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the cake batter.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a bundt pan or tube pan and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Mix apples, eggs and oil with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate.
- To prepare Glaze; combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon over cake, allow to cool before serving, ENJOY.
GLAZED APPLE PIE SQUARES
These apple squares are a good change from apple pie since they are glazed and a little bit sweeter. The dough is firm enough that you can eat them with your hands and are best when apples are in season. -Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a measuring cup, combine egg yolk and enough milk to measure 1/3 cup. Gradually add to the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. , Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a thin 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to the bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cornflakes. , In a large bowl, combine apples, 1 cup sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Spoon over crust. , Roll remaining dough into a thin 15x10-in. rectangle; place over apple filling. Beat egg white; brush over pastry. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. , For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 183mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
DIANE'S APPLE DEW TART
This recipe is from Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America. I havent tried it yet but wanted to post if for safe keeping. It looked so yummy on the show and so easy to make.
Provided by Sassy in da South
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13x9 baking dish or pan with a non-stick spray.
- Peel and slice each apple into 16 pieces. Wrap apples in Crescent Rolls, and place rolled slices in pan, making 2 rows.
- Place additional apple slices between the rolled slices and between the rows.
- Mix melted butter, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour mixture over wrapped apples.
- Pour the can of Mountain Dew over all ingredients in pan. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream -- enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.5, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 65.5, Sodium 468.1, Carbohydrate 73.2, Fiber 4, Sugar 37.7, Protein 7
DIANE'S ALMOND TARTS
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into appropriate size circles with a glass or cookie cutter and press into tart shells. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into bottom of each shell.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in rice flour and cocoa powder. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons almond extract. Fill tarts 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, Stir together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Spread on tarts. Garnish each tart with a maraschino cherry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.6 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 48.5 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 95 mg, Sugar 16.2 g
More about "dianes bakery apple tart recipes"
EASY APPLE PIE FILLING/PASTRY FILLING BY DIANE LOVETOBAKE
Author Diane LovetobakeViews 138K
APPLE TARTE TATIN | DRAMATIC PANCAKE
APPLE TART RECIPE (APPLE ROSE TART)
'GMA' PIE CHALLENGE: DIANE'S APPLE-DEW TART - ABC NEWS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
DIANES BAKERY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 8Calories 459 per serving
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE - CREATED BY DIANE
DIANE'S BAKERY MENU - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LONG ISLAND BAKERIES PREPARE FOR HOLIDAY PIE DEMAND
DIANE'S APPLE CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
APPLE PAN PIE – IN DIANES KITCHEN
DIANE'S NO FAIL FRENCH BREAD - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
CUPCAKES AND DESSERTS | RECIPES BY: DIANE KOMETA - DISHIN WITH DI
DIANE'S ALMOND TARTS - REVIEW BY COOKIEMOM2DDOGZ
APPLE TART — ORANGERIE BAKERY + CAFE
HOMEMADE OLD FASHIONED APPLE TURNOVERS OR TARTS
DIANE’S BAKERY CAFE - 133 PHOTOS & 151 REVIEWS - BAKERIES - 23 …
DIANE'S APPLE PIE | FOYEATZ
DIANE'S BAKERY & DELI - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
#APPLE PIE – IN DIANES KITCHEN
DIANE'S APPLE CAKE ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
DIANE'S APPLE CAKE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
DIANE’S BAKERY CAFE - 133 PHOTOS & 151 REVIEWS - BAKERIES - 23 …
DIANA HENRY'S BEST-EVER APPLE TART, GERMAN STOLLEN AND
EASY HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
73 DELICIOUS APPLE DESSERTS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ORCHARD HAUL
46 DIANES RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, CUSTARD PIE RECIPE, …
TOP SELLERS | DIANE'S BAKERY
900+ APPLES APPLES APPLES IDEAS IN 2022 | APPLE RECIPES, RECIPES, …
DIANES APPLE CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
GRAINNE'S BAKERY - APPLE TART (G) CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS ...
CATEGORY: TART - CANNING AND COOKING AT HOME
TFRECIPES-ABOUT - RECIPES.SERVEGAME.ORG
DIANE'S APPLE DEW TART RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, TART ...
APPLE CRUMB CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
APPLE TART - SMILE'S BAKERY - FRENCH PASTRIES AND FUN RECIPES!
You'll also love