French omelets are smooth and sunny yellow with the filling rolled neatly inside. This is a western American-style omelet; the goodies are mixed up with the egg and given a good tanning in the pan.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, beat together 3 of the eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a small non-stick skillet, with tight-fitting lid, over medium heat. Add the peppers and cook, covered, without stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the ham and scallions and cook, stirring frequently, until hot, about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Melt a nut-sized piece of the remaining butter in the skillet over medium heat. When the foam subsides, add 1/4 of the pepper mixture. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, until just cooked, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and, using the rubber spatula, smooth over the top of the omelette so that it evenly covers the inside of the skillet. If using the cheese, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons over the omelette. Let rest for 30 seconds until the omelette has set.
- Using the rubber spatula, fold the omelette in half, and transfer to a warmed plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 omelettes in all.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set filling mixture aside in a small bowl and keep warm.
- Beat eggs together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon butter; heat until foaming. Pour in eggs and cook for 30 seconds. Lift the edges of the omelet so that the uncooked egg runs under the cooked edges and comes into contact with the hot skillet. Shake and tilt the skillet to move the uncooked egg. Repeat until the top is set but still moist and soft, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the filling over one side of the omelet. Fold the other half over the filling and slide omelet onto a plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 412.4 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 20.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 793.1 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET
This ham, bell pepper, and onion-filled diner classic is also sometimes called a "Denver Omelet."
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield Makes 1 omelet
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a medium (preferably 10") nonstick skillet over medium. Cook ham, onion, and bell pepper, stirring often, until softened and beginning to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and shake pan so that ham and vegetables form a single layer. Pour egg mixture over ham and vegetables, then sprinkle cheese over. Cook, tilting skillet and gently running a rubber spatula around edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, until eggs are mostly set, about 5 minutes. Fold omelet in half, cover, and cook until set, about 1 minute. Slide onto a plate to serve.
WESTERN OMELET RECIPE BY TASTY
Looking for an omelet that's a bit less fussy and a little easier to make? Or maybe you're looking for a breakfast loaded with delicious fillings? This golden-brown-on-the-outside and flavorful-on-the-inside, American-style omelet is the one for you.
Provided by Matt Ciampa
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add the eggs, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and the water to a medium bowl. Use a wire whisk or fork to beat until the whites and the yolks are completely combined, with no spots of egg white remaining. The mixture should flow off the whisk evenly. Let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 9- or 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and green and red peppers, season with salt, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ham and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean, then add the remaining tablespoon of butter and melt over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter starts to brown, then pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs start to set, use a rubber spatula to push from the edges toward the center of the pan. Tilt the pan as needed to let the uncooked eggs run under the cooked eggs. Continue until the eggs are mostly set, about 1 minute. The top should still look wet, but not runny.
- Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle the vegetable mixture and cheese over half of the omelet. Cover the pan with a lid and let sit for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the omelet looks fluffy and cooked through.
- Run a rubber spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen the omelet. Gently fold in half, then slide onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 936 calories, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 70 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 60 grams, Sugar 6 grams
WESTERN OMELET SANDWICH
I created this recipe for my 15-year-old son, who has a ravenous appetite. He couldn't believe I was able to fill his plate so quickly. It's a simple combination of ingredients that imparts the best of flavors. -Jackie Kelly, Maple Shade, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in ham and parsley. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). , As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; cut into wedges. Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon remaining butter. Serve omelet wedges on toast.,
Nutrition Facts :
More about "diner style western omelet recipes"
WESTERN OMELET RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3.5/5 (7)Total Time 15 minsServings 2Calories 331 per serving
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Stir in onion, bell peppers, thyme, and ham; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from pan; set aside. Clean pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of egg mixture to pan, tilting pan to spread evenly; cook 1 minute or until edges begin to set. Lift edge of omelet with a rubber spatula, tilting pan to roll uncooked egg mixture onto bottom of pan. Repeat procedure on opposite edge of omelet. Cook 1 minute or until center is just set. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese evenly over omelet. Sprinkle half of vegetable mixture over cheese. Run spatula around edges and under omelet to loosen it from pan; fold in half. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat procedure with remaining oil, egg mixture, cheese, and vegetable mixture.
WESTERN OMELET RECIPE | RECIPE | OMELETS RECIPE, OMLET RECIPES, …
WESTERN DINNER RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
WESTERN OMELETTE - IMMACULATE BITES
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET - KROGER
SIMPLE WESTERN BAKED OMELET - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
WESTERN OMELET RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DINER OMELET – GRIDDLE WITH JOHNNY
WESTERN STYLE OMELET RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DENVER (WESTERN) OMELET: BEST RECIPE (VIDEO) PLUS EVERYTHING YOU …
WESTERN OMELET – THE STEP BY STEP CHEF: TEACHING MILLIONS TO …
HOW TO MAKE A RESTAURANT STYLE OMELETTE - LIVE LIKE YOU …
WESTERN OMELET RECIPE - VEG VEGAN MEAT
20 OMELETS THAT PUT YOUR LOCAL DINER TO SHAME
DENVER OMELETTE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET - MASTERCOOK
WESTERN OMELETTE WITH BELL PEPPER, ONION, HAM, AND CHEESE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE A DINER OMELETTE – GALAXY TRAINING
HOW TO MAKE AN OMELET IN 8 EASY STEPS | EPICURIOUS
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, BREAKFAST
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | BEST BRUNCH RECIPES, RECIPES ...
DINNER OMELET FOR TWO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | DENVER OMELET RECIPE, …
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
THE GRIDDLE OMELET - PERFECT DINER-STYLE OMELET - MACHEESMO
BAKED WESTERN OMELET - RECIPES SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE AN ALL-AMERICAN DINER-STYLE OMELET - YAHOO
RECIPE WESTERN OMELETTE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DINER-STYLE WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | BREAKFAST, STUFFED PEPPERS, …
RECIPE FOR A WESTERN OMELET - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VEGETARIAN WESTERN OMELET | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
EASY BAKED WESTERN OMELETTE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
DINNER OMELETTE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
THE SECRET TO RESTAURANT-STYLE OMELETS - YOUTUBE
WESTERN OMELET RECIPES | PUNCHFORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a Denver omelette?This ham, bell pepper, and onion-filled diner classic is also sometimes called a "Denver Omelet." Heat oil in a medium (preferably 10") nonstick skillet over medium. Cook ham, onion, and bell pepper, stirring often, until softened and beginning to brown, 5–7 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
What do you put in a western omelette?This is the ultimate Western omelet! You can even put red bell peppers and sausage in it, if you like. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
How do you cook an omelette with mushrooms?Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Beat eggs together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon butter; heat until foaming. Spread the filling over one side of the omelet.
Can you cook omelette mix in the same Skillet?You can cook your mix-ins in the same skillet or griddle you're planning to use for the omelet, then pour the whisked eggs over the top. A Denver-style (or Western or Southwest) omelet isn't the only American omelet you can find at a diner, though.