DEER STEAKS AND GRAVY (VENISON)
- Heat bacon drippings in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add deer steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour over steaks. Allow to brown slightly.
- Slowly add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Add sliced onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until steaks and onion are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and allow gravy to thicken.
DREW'S VENISON STEAKS AND GRAVY
I've been making this comfort food forever, and it's DH's favorite. I especially like the creamy gravy over rice or mashed potatoes. If you want a stroganoff-like gravy, stir in 8 ounces of sour cream at the last minute, and serve over wide noodles!
Provided by BeachGirl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Spray cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat on high.
- Cut cubed venison into serving-size pieces.
- Brown venison on each side, about 1 minute.
- In bowl, add 1/2 cup water, wine, bouillon and soup mix.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add soup mixture to skillet, along with onions (and mushrooms if you decide to use them).
- Cover skillet and lower heat to simmer.
- Cook about 30-45 minutes (gravy will thicken).
- Add a little more water if gravy gets too thick before meat is fork-tender.
- GRAVY: When meat is very tender, mix cornstarch with water to make a slurry.
- Pour slurry into hot liquids in skillet, stirring until gravy returns to a boil and is thickened.
- Serve steaks with gravy over steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
- FOR A STROGANOFF: Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, heat until warm but not boiling.
- Serve over wide noodles.
- Variations: Other seasonings you could add: 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp oregano, OR 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- If you like hot/spicy foods, add 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red peppers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.2, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 95.3, Sodium 232.2, Carbohydrate 14.2, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 4.7, Protein 28.4
VENISON WITH SHERRY-MUSHROOM SAUCE
I came up with this recipe after my father-in-law gave us a bunch of deer meat. It covers the gamey flavor, so if you aren't into gaminess this recipe is perfect for you. Plus, it's fancy enough to serve to guests.
Provided by Karen D.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, sage, salt, and pepper in a resealable bag, set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until almost soft. Add mushrooms, and continue cooking until soft. Remove from pan.
- Turn heat to medium-high and melt 2 tablespoons of butter in pan. Toss the venison steaks in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess. Sear venison in butter for 6 to 7 minutes per side and remove.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of flour, followed by the sherry and water. Return the vegetables and meat to the pan. Increase heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 169.5 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 39.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 926.2 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
VENISON STEAK WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
This is my brother Bob's recipe. I've always been loathe to eat food made with Bambi, but I couldn't resist the smell of this. Know what? It was delicious! He brings this out at football watching parties, but denies it's venison until after the taste test. Serve with rice or noodles.
Provided by Barbara Z.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium bowl, stir together the beef broth, sherry, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Season the meat with curing salt and steak seasoning, then place it in the bowl with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the venison to the skillet, reserving the marinade. Cook and stir until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces. Remove to a clean bowl.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper strips; cook and stir until starting to become tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove them from the pan and place them in the bowl with the meat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Pour the rest of the marinade into the skillet. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for a minute. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and continue to cook, stirring slowly until thickened, about 1 minute. Return the meat and vegetables to the skillet and stir until coated with the sauce. Transfer to a serving dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 96.4 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 2069 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
More about "drews venison steaks and gravy recipes"
VENISON STEAK & GRAVY - MAKING MOMMAS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
COUNTRY FRIED VENISON STEAK – GARDEN & GUN
VENISON STEAK & GRAVY - MAKING MOMMAS | COOKING VENISON …
VENISON STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO COOK VENISON STEAKS | HANK SHAW
BEST VENISON STEAK RECIPES | MISSHOMEMADE.COM
VENISON STEAK AND GRAVY RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
DEER STEAKS AND GRAVY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
VENISON GRAVY RECIPE | 24BITE® RECIPES
SMOTHERED VENISON STEAKS - LEGENDARY WHITETAILS RECIPE
DEER STEAKS AND GRAVY VENISON RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
VENISON STEAKS WITH BROWN GRAVY - WILD GAME RECIPES
VENISON STEAK RECIPE - BACON, GRAVY, AND JALEPENOS | ROCKY BLOG
VENISON SALISBURY STEAKS WITH ONION AND MUSHROOM …
VENISON GRAVY – TASTE OF ARKANSAS
DEER STEAKS AND GRAVY (VENISON) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
CHOPPED VENISON STEAK AND GRAVY - BOWHUNTING.NET
VENISON STEAK AND GRAVY WITH POTATOES (RECIPE) - GAME & FISH
VENISON SALISBURY STEAK | MEATEATER COOK
THE MOST AMAZING VENISON STEAKS : 5 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
VENISON STEAK GRAVY - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
25 BEST VENISON RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
VENISON HAMBURGER WITH GRAVY | WILD GAME CUISINE - WILD GAME …
PAPA JHONS COUPONS INGREDIENT MAKE DREW S VENISON STEAKS AND …
VENISON GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
COUNTRY FRIED VENISON STEAK WITH GRAVY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
10 BEST VENISON GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
VENISON SKILLET STEAK WITH BISCUITS AND BROWN GRAVY
OLD FASHION VENISON STEW - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
DREW'S VENISON STEAKS AND GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THE WILD CHEF – BADLANDS VENISON SALISBURY STEAK
CHICKEN FRIED VENISON STEAK & GRAVY - FIELD ETHOS
10 BEST VENISON GRAVY RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
VENISON STEAKS GRAVY - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CHICKEN-FRIED ELK VENISON STEAKS WITH BROWN GRAVY RECIPE
HOW TO COOK A VENISON STEAK TO PERFECTION | DOWNFIELD FARM
VENISON STEAK MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VENISON SALISBURY STEAK BY KARYL'S KULINARY KRUSADE
You'll also love