- Rinse and dry the chicken. Remove excess fat and leave skin on. Lift skin from breast and thigh areas, slide bay leaves under skin. Coat chicken with poultry seasoning.
- Drink half the can of beer, pour liquid smoke into remaining beer. Raise tab on beer can until it is in the straight up position.
- Insert beer can into chicken from the bottom until even with bottom of chicken. Insert skewer through the wing, ribs, tab on beer can, and out the opposite side. (this keeps the can from falling out the chicken).
- Prepare grill: light the coals, and when they are ready, spread coals to form a ring around the outside edge of the grill.
- Place chicken in center standing up on can to cook. Cover and cook for two hours.
- Remove carefully from grill so as not to spill the contents of the can. Remove skewer and beer can, let chicken sit for fifteen minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.3 g, Cholesterol 140.4 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 44.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 135.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Coat with mustard.
- Pour half of beer out of can and refill with Italian style dressing. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on beer can (it acts as a stand), inserting can into cavity of the chicken.
- Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the preheated grill. Cover, and cook about 1 hour, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 724.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 204.3 mg, Fat 47.7 g, Protein 51 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 1781.3 mg, Sugar 2 g
- 1. Wipe the chicken inside and out with paper towels. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large heavy-duty plastic bag set over a bowl. Add the chicken and seal the bag with as little air as possible, leaving it in the bowl. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for a day, turning it from time to time; the bag ensures that all of the chicken is kept moist with marinade.
- 2. To roast the chicken, heat the oven to 425°F (220°C/Gas 7). Take the chicken from the marinade, pat it dry with paper towels, and sprinkle it inside and out with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade. Truss the chicken, set it on its back in a roasting pan; cut the butter in slices and set them on the breast. Roast the chicken, basting often, until it sizzles and starts to brown, about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken onto one leg and continue roasting for another 15 minutes, basting often. Turn the bird onto the other leg and roast for 15 more minutes. And finally, turn it onto its back to finish cooking, allowing 50 minutes to 1 hour total cooking time. To test, lift the bird with a two-pronged fork and pour juice from the cavity; it should run clear, not pink.
- 3. Meanwhile cook the pearl barley: melt the butter in a heavy pan, add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until it is soft but not brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the barley and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until the grains look transparent. Add the stock with salt and pepper, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, 30 to 40 minutes. Taste, and if the barley is not tender, add more stock and continue simmering.
- 4. Toast the almonds: Spread them on a baking sheet and brown them in the oven with the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully that they don't burn. Let them cool. When the barley is cooked, sprinkle the prunes, apricots, and almonds on top and leave, covered, to keep warm. The barley pilaf can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days and reheated on top of the stove just before serving.
- 5. When the chicken is done, transfer it to a platter and cover it with foil to keep warm. Discard fat from the pan, leaving behind the cooking juices. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the sweet white wine and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to dissolve the juices. Add the stock and simmer again until the gravy is slightly thickened and reduced by half. Strain it into a saucepan, reheat it, taste, and adjust the seasoning.
- 6. If necessary, reheat the barley pilaf. Add the marjoram or parsley; stir to mix all the ingredients and taste for seasoning. Discard trussing strings from the chicken and spoon the barley pilaf around it. Moisten it with a little gravy and serve the rest separately.
- Quick fix:
- Cut the chicken into 6 to 8 pieces, or use ready-prepared breasts or thighs (my recommendation). Marinate them for 1 to 2 hours. Drain and pat the pieces dry on paper towels, then coat them in seasoned flour. Melt the butter in a sauté pan or skillet and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides. Cover the pan and roast in a 350°F (175°C/Gas 4) oven until the chicken pieces are very tender when pierced with a two-pronged fork, 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer them to a platter and keep warm. Discard excess fat from the pan and make the gravy as directed.
Tequila is this chicken's magic ingredient, and the dish has a delicious sweet-and-sour flavor. Serve it with Green or Yellow rice and flour tortillas to mop up the sauce.
Provided by alicesniche
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 1/2 cups, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put the raisins in a bowl and pour in the sherry. Set aside to plump up. Season the flour with the salt and pepper and spread it out on a large, flat dish or soup plate. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Dip each chicken thigh in turn in the seasoned flour, then fry in the hot oil until browned, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onion slices and crushed garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, peel, core and dice the apples.
- Add the diced apple to the onion mixture with the almonds. Cook stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, then add the soaked raisins, with any remaining sherry. Add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Pour the stock and tequila over the chicken mixture. cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, then take off the lid and cook for 10 more minutes or until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Check that the chicken thighs are cooked by lifting one out of the pan and piecing it in the thickest part with a sharp knife or skewer. Any juices that come out should be clear. If necessary, cook the chicken for a little longer before serving. sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.5, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 31.3, Sodium 226, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 14, Protein 15.2
This classic Shanghai dish involves soaking poached chicken in rice wine. The wine used is Shaoxing (sometimes called hua diao wine), a Chinese cooking wine typically used in stir-fries and marinades and known for its amber color and floral flavor. This version of drunken chicken includes some of the chicken poaching liquid mixed into the marinade to temper the strong flavor of the Shaoxing. Some recipes use equal parts wine and poaching liquid, but we found it a bit overpowering. Feel free to adjust the amount of wine to your liking. The addition of goji berries is optional (and not traditional), but it adds sweetness and color to the dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt on the chicken, making sure to season the inside of the cavity. Leave the chicken at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of cold water to a boil over medium-high heat in a 7-quart Dutch oven. Add 2 tablespoons salt, the ginger and whole scallion. Slowly lower the chicken into the boiling water with the breast side up. Bring the water back up to a gentle boil.
- Carefully lift the chicken out using the handles of 2 wooden spoons or 2 pairs of chopsticks positioned under the wings; be careful not to tear the skin (do not use tongs as they can easily tear the skin). Lift the chicken just high enough and tilt it so all the water drains from the cavity into the pot; this allows cold water in the cavity to drain and ensures even cooking.
- Lower the chicken back into the water. Bring the water back to a gentle simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cook, covered, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced between the leg and thigh, 33 to 35 minutes. Right before the chicken is done, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Transfer the chicken to ice water breast-side down; reserve the liquid the chicken poached in. Let the chicken cool for about 10 minutes, flipping it once after about 5 minutes. (The ice bath prevents the chicken from overcooking, but also helps to firm the meat and tighten the skin.) Remove the chicken, letting the excess water drain off.
- Whisk together 2 cups of the reserved poaching liquid, the wine, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Carve the chicken with a meat cleaver or chef's knife: Start by detaching both leg quarters (leg and thigh together) from the body. Chop the leg quarters through the bone into roughly 3/4-inch pieces. Cut off the wings and drumettes. Split the wing flat lengthwise to expose the meat. Cut the breast bone down the center to separate the two breast halves. Cut each half through the bone into 3/4-inch pieces. Lay the chicken pieces in a 2-quart casserole dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the goji berries if using around the chicken. Pour the wine mixture over the chicken making sure it's submerged; add a little more poaching liquid if it's not. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Serve cold, taking the chicken pieces out of the marinade and garnishing them with the goji berries and thinly sliced scallions if using.
DRUNKEN CHICKEN ...HEAVY ON THE SAUCE!
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Brown the chicken well on both sides and remove to a plate. Add half of the herbs, the garlic, celery, bay leaf, carrots and onions to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next add the wine and the raisins and bring to a bubble. Add the chicken back to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, 30 minutes at a simmer. Serve from the skillet or cool and store for make-ahead meal.
- To serve, top with the remaining herbs and pine nuts and serve with warm bread.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add chicken, 6 ginger slices, 4 sliced green onions, and 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Drain chicken; place in bowl of ice water to cool. Mix 4 cups water, 2 sliced green onions, 5 tablespoons salt, and remaining ginger slices in large bowl until salt dissolves. Drain chicken; add to saltwater brine. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix rice wine and sugar in medium bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Season marinade to taste with salt. Drain chicken. Cut into 8 pieces. Transfer chicken to shallow glass baking dish. Pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature. Transfer chicken to plates; discard marinade. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
- *Available at Asian markets.
More about "drunken chicken recipes"
DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE - OUT OF THIS WORLD CHICKEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a heavy pot, add oil and add your flour (if using coconut oil, melt the oil before you add the flour). Cook until your roux is the color of peanut butter.
BEST BEER BUTT CHICKEN RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Main Course
- Preheat barbecue grill (spray grill with vegetable-oil cooking spray). Drink (or pour out) 1/4 of the beer from the can.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter or heat olive oil. Mix in garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, herbs, salt, and pepper; set aside. NOTE: You can substitute any favorite chicken rub.
- Cut off all the fat from the body and neck openings as you want the cavity free and clear; remove the giblets and discard. Rub the inside and outside of the chicken with butter/seasoning mixture (this seals the chicken and also ensures that the skin will be brown and crispy when done).
- Slide the top of the beer can deep inside the chicken cavity (the bottom end). Lightly oil the exterior of the can with salad oil. If the opening is especially wide, a carrot or slice of potato can be slid in beside the can to seal off the cavity. Push until the can is almost fully inside the bird. The bottom of the can and the two legs bent slightly downward form a tripod which keeps the chicken upright on the grill.
DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 354Saturated Fat 5g 24%Cholesterol 110mg 37%Total Fat 18g 23% See details »
DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
DRUNKEN CHICKEN LEGS | CHRISTINE'S RECIPES: EASY CHINESE ...
Servings 2-3Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
DRUNKEN RICE WITH CHICKEN - PATI JINICH
4.1/5 (9)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr
- Place the saffron threads in a small mixing bowl along with the boiling water. Mix and let soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large and thick casserole over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Once the oil is hot, brown the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and place in a bowl. Add a couple more tablespoons of oil to the casserole and scrape drippings, don’t remove them though.
- Add the uncooked rice and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until its color starts to change to milky white and the grains separate. Incorporate the onion, green and red bell peppers, tomato and garlic and stir. Add the cumin, cinnamon, crushed cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, until vegetables have softened. Pour in the beer, and let it cook and reduce until it is almost absorbed and the alcohol has evaporated, a couple minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice, pour the chicken broth on top and the saffron and its liquid, as well as the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stir. When liquid starts to boil, add the peas and cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for about 20 more minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and the liquid has been mostly absorbed.
DRUNKEN CHICKEN (醉鸡) | OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
Reviews 3Servings 4-6Cuisine ChineseCategory Appetizer
- Combine the salt and Sichuan peppercorns in a small pan. Toast over medium-low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small plate to cool.
- Use a cleaver or strong knife to chop the leg bones in half (Optional, to release more flavor). Add them to a small pot with the water, ginger, green onion, star anise, and jujubes.
DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Servings 8-10
- In a deep 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, uncovered, bring wine and 2 cups water to a boil. Add chicken and return to a boil. Remove from heat and cover tightly. Let stand until chicken is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 15 to 18 minutes. Lift chicken from cooking liquid and let stand until chicken and liquid are cool, about 1 hour. Return chicken to cool liquid, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day (see notes).
- Lift chicken from liquid. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices, slightly overlapping, on a small platter. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce with 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid; drizzle evenly over chicken. Reserve remaining cooking liquid to make broth, or discard.
- Sprinkle green onions and cilantro over chicken. Pour oil into a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over high heat; when it ripples, in about 30 seconds, add ginger and chilies and stir until they sizzle, 10 to 15 seconds. Spoon mixture evenly over chicken.
CHINESE DRUNKEN CHICKEN | THE WOKS OF LIFE
4.9/5 (7)Category ChickenCuisine ChineseTotal Time 25 hrs 25 mins
- Debone the chicken leg quarters, keeping the skin on. Keep the bones to make a homemade stock, which you’ll be using in this recipe. You might be able to ask your butcher to help you with this step!
- In a small pot, add your reserved chicken bones, 2 ½ cups water, and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for at least 1 hour (or longer). We’ll need 1 ½ cups of chicken broth for the recipe. You can also eliminate this step if you want to use store-bought chicken stock.
- Rinse off your de-boned chicken and pat thoroughly dry with a paper towel. Grab 2 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 12” long. Lay each piece of chicken onto a piece of foil, and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Roll up the chicken lengthwise, and then wrap in the foil, twisting both sides to form a candy-like bundle.
- Steam the chicken in the foil over high heat for 20 minutes, covered. Turn off the heat and let the chicken sit in the steamer for another 5 minutes with the lid tightly closed.
SHANGHAI DRUNKEN CHICKEN (AUTHENTIC RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.5/5 (13)Category Chinese RecipesCuisine ChickenTotal Time 1 hr
- Mix the salt with the two peppers. Rub the chicken all over with the salt and pepper and let it sit for an hour.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a Dutch oven or large pot, add the green onion bottoms and ginger. Add the chicken, make sure there is enough water to cover the chicken, and return to a boil. Lower the heat to a bare simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. If you’re using a whole chicken, when the water is simmering for 10 minutes, lift the chicken out of the water and make sure the stock in the cavity empties back into the pot. Do that 3 times for a whole chicken. For chicken pieces or leg quarters, gently stir the pot once or redistribute the leg quarters so they cook evenly. After 10 minutes, cover, turn off the heat, and allow the chicken to poach undisturbed until the water cools almost to room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil in the steamer. Place the chicken in an even layer, scatter the green onion and ginger all over and steam over medium heat for 30 – 40 minutes or until the internal temperature near the bone reaches 165°F – 170°F (73°C - 76°C). If the chicken pieces are larger, they will take longer to steam. If any of the pieces are touching make sure to redistribute them in the middle of cooking so they cook evenly.
- Mix the ice cubes and water and shock the chicken in ice cold water for 2 minutes. If you poached the chicken, shock it after the chicken has cooled to room temperature. If you steamed the chicken, shock it immediately after steaming.
ASIAN DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine AsianCategory Dinner, Main
- In a large bowl whisk together half of the ginger, garlic, brown sugar, mirin, lemon zest, lemon juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce until combined. Next, place the whole chicken into the mixture and completely coat it on all sides. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Every few minutes baste the marinating chicken with the remaining liquid in the bowl.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, discard the remaining marinade and season it on all sides, and in the cavity, and place the opening of the chicken on the can of opened, and half poured out Sapporo beer.
- Next, set the drunken chicken onto a cast iron skillet and place it on the grill on 300° to 350° and cook for 70 to 90 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
DRUNKEN NOODLES WITH CHICKEN | JUST A TASTE
4.6/5 (11)Category Main CourseCuisine AsianTotal Time 25 mins
- Add the vegetable oil to a large sauté pan or wok set over high heat. Once the oil is smoking, add the sliced chicken and cook it until it is browned and cooked through.
- Fresh wide rice noodles can be purchased at Asian specialty markets. If you cannot find them, you can substitute any other variety of noodle, such as tagliatelle or linguine for a less authentic but equally as delicious noodle dish.
EASY DRUNKEN CHICKEN WINGS (醉雞翼) | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
Cuisine ChineseCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 40 mins
- 1) Place the chicken wings on the bottom of a large pot. Try to arrange them in one layer. Then add the Chinese rice wine. Also add water until the wings are just submerged.
- 2) Trim and clean the spring onion. Chop it in half. Add the white part to the wings. Keep the green part for garnish later. Also add the piece of fresh ginger, lemongrass, chicken bouillon cube, soy sauce and star anise.
- 3) Place the wings over high heat and bring them to a boil. Then turn the heat low and put a lid on the pan. Simmer the wings for 20 minutes.
DRUNKEN CHICKEN NOODLES (PAD KEE MAO) | SLIMMING EATS RECIPE
4.5/5 (15)Servings 4Cuisine ThaiCategory Main
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the sauce and cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Add the chicken and the 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce and fry until it's a lovely deep golden colour, remove and set aside.
- Spray with some more spray oil and add the vegetables, chillies and garlic and stir fry for a couple of minutes just until lightly softened.
DRUNK CHICKEN - BIGOVEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 367 per serving See details »
SHAOXING DRUNKEN CHICKEN RECIPE | NOOBCOOK.COM
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
110 DRUNKEN CHICKEN IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, COOKING ...
113 pins7 followers See details »
"DRUNKEN" CHICKEN | MRFOOD.COM
4.3/5 (70)Total Time 30 minsCategory ChickenCalories 378 per serving See details »
10 BEST DRUNKEN CHICKEN LIQUOR RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
DRUNKEN CHICKEN MARSALA WITH TOMATOES | RECIPE | MARSALA ...
See details »
CHINESE FERMENTED RICE DRUNKEN CHICKEN 糟雞 | CHINESE ...
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love