An Egyptian spice blend that is wonderful. The more you eat it the more addictive it becomes. Serve with toasted crusty bread (Turkish bread is great for this), and olive oil. Dip bread into olive oil, then into the hazelnut mixture and enjoy this unique and addictive mix.
Provided by rosichops
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. While the nuts are still hot, pour them onto a tea towel. Fold the towel over them to cover, and rub vigorously to remove the skins. Set aside to cool.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until light golden brown. Pour into a medium bowl as soon as they are done so they will not continue toasting. In the same skillet, toast the coriander and cumin seeds while shaking the pan or stirring occasionally until they begin to pop. Transfer to a food processor. Process until finely ground, then pour into the bowl with the sesame seeds. Place the cooled hazelnuts into the food processor, and process until finely ground. Stir into the bowl with the spices. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 45.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 74.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
An amazing spice and nut mixture that can be sprinkled on salads or pasta dishes, mixed with olive oil and brushed on pita or pizza dough, or coated on chicken or fish and then grilled. You can also take some great bread, dip it in olive oil, then in the Dukkah... heaven. Enjoy!
Provided by Miraklegirl
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Firstly toast the nuts in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Toast the spice seeds and sesame seeds separately in the same way.
- Cool and combine with the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Grind the mixture until it resembles small breadcrumbs.
- The mixture should be very dry and crumbly, not a paste.
- Be careful as over processing can release the oil from the nuts making the mixture moist, which you don't want.
Duqqa or dukkah is an Egyptian blend of nuts, seeds, and spices and enjoyed as a starter or snack to dip with bread or fresh veggies. It's so deliciously addictive that you will find yourself inventing many other uses for it! Store in a cool dark place.
Provided by leila
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spread 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons hazelnuts out on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine sesame seeds, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds in a pan over medium heat and toast until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine toasted hazelnuts, toasted sesame seed mixture, dried mint, salt, and za'atar in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until evenly ground.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.1 g, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 702.9 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
Serve this nutty spice mix with toasted pitta and olive oil or use in a dish to add some Egyptian spice
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix everything together in a bowl then spread over a baking tray and cook for 8-10 mins until the dukkah looks toasted.
- Tip into a food processor and pulse a few times just until the nuts are chopped not smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 0.5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein
More about "dukkah recipes"
EASY DUKKAH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.8/5 (30)Total Time 8 minsCategory CondimentCalories 100 per serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the walnuts and almonds. Cook, stirring often, until the nuts are starting to smell fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds to the pan and continue cooking, stirring often, until the sesame seeds are turning lightly golden on the edges. Remove the pan from the heat, and transfer the nut and seed mixture to a food processor.
- Add the coriander, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper. Run the food processor for about 10 seconds, or until the nuts are broken into a coarse, sand-like texture (don’t overdo it!).
HOW TO MAKE DUKKAH- AUTHENTIC DUKKAH RECIPE - THE …
4.8/5 (49)Category CondimentCuisine EgyptianCalories 96 per serving
- Place the hazelnuts and almonds in a dry cast iron pan (do NOT add oil). Toast briefly over medium-high heat, tossing regularly, until the nuts gain some color (watch for nuts to turn a nice golden brown). Transfer to a side dish for now.
- Place the sesame seeds in the same skillet and return to the heat. Toast over medium heat, tossing regularly, until the sesame seeds turn golden brown (this will be fairly quick so watch carefully).
- Add the toasted nuts and sesame seeds to the bowl of a small food processor fitted with a blade. Add the pistachios, fennel seeds, spices, and a generous dash of kosher salt. Pulse for a few seconds until you reach a nice coarse mixture (Do not over process the dukkah. The mixture should not be too fine. See photos and video for exact texture).
- Transfer the dukkah to a bowl to serve. Add a small bowl of extra virgin olive oil and your favorite bread for dipping (I like pita bread or even Jerusalem bagel). You can also store the dukkah in a tight-lid jar for up to 2 weeks to use as a topping for salad, soup, chicken, meats, or roasted vegetables!
DUKKAH RECIPE - MIDDLE EASTERN SPICE MIXTURE
4.5/5 (56)Category Side Dish, Spice Mix, CondimentAuthor Saad FayedCalories 167 per serving
DUKKAH RECIPE - TWO 🧐KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
DUKKAH (EGYPTIAN NUT AND SPICE MIX) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
DUKKAH SPICE; EGYPTIAN NUT AND SPICE BLEND - AMIRA'S PANTRY
DUKKAH ROAST CHICKEN WITH WARM POMEGRANATE DRESSING AND HONEY
DUKKAH RECIPE JAMIE OLIVER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DUKKAH KETO RECIPE - (1G CARBS) - BY MY KETO KITCHEN
10 TASTY THINGS TO DO WITH DUKKAH - STONESOUP
DUKKAH RECIPE - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC DUKKAH: OTTOLENGHI’S DUKKAH …
SIMPLE DUKKAH RECIPE! | FEASTING AT HOME
10 BEST DUKKAH RECIPES | YUMMLY
DUKKAH (MIDDLE EASTERN NUT AND SPICE BLEND) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC DUKKAH SEASONING - HURRY THE FOOD UP
GOT DUKKAH? 6 IDEAS FOR USING IT AT HOME, NO COOKBOOK REQUIRED
DUKKAH RECIPES - NYT COOKING
DUKKAH (EGYPTIAN SEASONING BLEND) - THE DARING GOURMET
DUKKAH | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
DUKKAH RECIPE | KITCHN
DUKKAH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN DUKKAH: AN EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPE - THAT SUSAN WILLIAMS
DUKKAH RECIPE: THE EGYPTIAN SPICE BLEND YOU’LL LOVE
DUKKAH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
HOW TO COOK WITH DUKKAH | TASTING TABLE - TASTING TABLE
DUKKAH (DELICIOUS DIPPING MIX OF THE AGES) - CHEF TARIQ
DUKKAH RECIPE - TASTEBOTANICAL - NUT AND SPICE MIX
DUKKAH RECIPE - CULINARY HILL
DUKKAH - EGYPTIAN SPICE MIX RECIPE - THE HEALTHY CHEF
EASY DUKKAH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE DUKKAH EGYPTIAN SPICE MIX, …
DUKKAH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EGYPTIAN CRISPY CRUSTED DUKKAH CHICKEN RECIPE
DUKKAH SPICE BLEND & YOGURT DIP - MIND OVER MUNCH
ITALIAN-STYLE DUKKAH | RICARDO
DUKKAH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DUKKAH SPICE BLEND RECIPE
HOMEMADE DUKKAH RECIPE - MAKEBREAD
DUKKA | RICARDO
DUKKAH RECIPE : SBS FOOD
DUKKAH | HADIAS LEBANESE CUISINE
KNOW YOUR SPICES: DUKKAH
DUKKAH RECIPE: TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT - CADRY'S KITCHEN
ULTIMATE EGYPTIAN PISTACHIO DUKKAH WITH HAZELNUTS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #easy #dietary #high-calcium #high-protein #high-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make dukkah?This dukkah recipe is so easy to make! Dukkah is a nut and spice blend from Egypt—sprinkle it over bread dipped in olive oil, vegetables, hummus and more. Recipe yields 1 scant cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the walnuts and almonds. Cook, stirring often, until the nuts are starting to smell fragrant, about 3 minutes.
What is a dukkah?Dukkah is a nut and spice blend from Egypt—sprinkle it over bread dipped in olive oil, vegetables, hummus and more. Recipe yields 1 scant cup.
What do you eat with dukkah?Dukkah served with fresh bread and olive oil is a great appetizer or snack with the drinks. To make nut free dukkah, substitute roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and/or roasted sunflower seeds for nuts. Meat or fish coated in dukkah before baking is especially delicious.
What is a dukkah spice mix?Dukkah isn't your average spice mixture: in addition to warm, whole spices, it features seeds and nuts, making it flavorful and nutritious. What Is Dukkah? Where Did Dukkah Originate? What Does Dukkah Taste Like? How Do You Substitute Dukkah? What Is Dukkah?