Meet the Cook: While I most often make this traditional Ukranian bread for breakfast, I've also served it for an afternoon tea. I've been baking since I was about 8. My husband and I have three grown sons and seven grandchildren. -Rose Kostynuik, Calgary, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks until lemon-colored; gradually add sugar. Add the butter, salt, vanilla, lemon juice and zest; beat well. Add milk and yeast mixture. Gradually add 6 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough., Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with raisins; knead for 5 minutes longer. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Shape each portion into a loaf and place in greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes. , Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 139mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
This light and airy bread is just sweet enough to go along with your traditional Easter dinner. (Add up to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the eggs if you prefer it a little sweeter.) Make it the day before, and if you have any left over, make amazing French toast with it the day after!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 to 14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour 1/3 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F) into the bowl of a stand mixer. Gently whisk in the yeast, 1 tablespoon of the flour and 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Set aside until bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles start to form around the edges, about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the butter, the remaining sugar and the salt. Set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Fit the mixer with the paddle attachment, set on medium-low speed and pour the milk mixture into the yeast mixture. Add the 2 beaten eggs. Gradually mix in the remaining flour, and beat until a soft dough forms. Increase the speed to medium-high, and beat until the dough pulls away from the sides and forms a ball, about 5 minutes (the dough will be sticky).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, and knead, adding more flour as needed, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Put the dough in a lightly buttered large bowl, cover and place in a warm spot to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Punch down the dough, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and cut it into 3 equal parts. Gently roll out each piece into a 16-inch-long rope. Transfer the ropes to the prepared baking sheet. Press the ropes together at one end, braid them, then gently tuck both ends under to form a long loaf. Cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the entire loaf with the remaining beaten egg. Scatter the almonds and nonpareils on top, concentrating them down the middle of the loaf (they will spread as the loaf bakes). Bake until the loaf is dark golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool about 30 minutes before slicing.
More about "easter bread recipes"
EASTER BREAD | RECIPE FOR EASTER BREAD | ALESSANDRAS FOOD ...
TOP 10 EASTER BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN EASTER BREAD - SWEET, LIGHT, AND ...
OUR BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
EASTER BREAD - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
EASTER EGG BREAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY ...
10 AUTHENTIC EASTER BREAD RECIPES FROM EASTERN EUROPE
24 EASTER BREADS | EASTER CAKE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASTER BREAD
60 STUNNING EASTER BREADS | TASTE OF HOME
EASTER BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
21 TRADITIONAL EASTER BREAD RECIPES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ...
EASTER SWEET BREAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
10 EASY EASTER BREAD RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
EASTER BREAD - PREPPY KITCHEN
EASTER BREAD, OR UKRAINIAN BABKA RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
OUR 14 BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPES, INCLUDING HOT CROSS BUNS ...
61 EASTER CAKE AND BREAD RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPES | EASTER | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASTER BREAD RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
EASTER BREAD - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
EASTER BREAD RECIPES | MYRECIPES
EASTER BREAD - JO COOKS
EASTER BREADS AROUND THE WORLD | EASTER RECIPES & MENUS ...
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TRADITIONAL EASTER BREADS AROUND THE WORLD - 10+ EASTER ...
RECIPES WITH JULIE VAN ROSENDAAL: EASTER BREADS | CBC NEWS
ITALIAN BRAIDED EASTER BREAD WITH EGGS - MANGIA BEDDA
SIMPLE EASTER BREAD, EASY EASTER BREAD RECIPE | JENNY CAN COOK
KETO EASTER BREAD - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
15 BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPES FOR SPRING - LIFE, FAMILY & FUN
30 BEST DELICIOUS EASTER BREAD RECIPES YOU NEED TO MAKE ...
ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
EASTER - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
EASTER BREAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST EASTER BREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASTER BREAD
28 BEST & EASY EASTER BREAD RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
16 EASY EASTER BREAD RECIPES — BEST EASTER BREADS 2020
BEST BRAIDED EASTER BREAD RECIPES | EASTER | FOOD NETWORK ...
ITALIAN EASTER BREAD RECIPE - TORRONE CANDY
EASTER BREAD RECIPES - COOKING WITH NONNA
EASTER RECIPES | BREAKFAST, BREAD & DESSERT IDEAS HANDLE ...
EASTER BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #breads #oven #holiday-event #easter #yeast #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love