This delicious alternative to maple syrup makes a great change-of-pace topper for French toast and other morning meals. "My husband doesn't feel deprived when I serve this syrup with his waffles and pancakes," says Barbara Hill of Oil Springs, Ontario.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CINNAMON APPLE SYRUP
Apples simmered with sugar and cinnamon.. makes a great sundae topping over vanilla ice cream, or as a pancake topping! Adjust cinnamon and sugar to taste.
Provided by Lauren
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and water. Stir to dissolve sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and syrup has thickened. Serve over pancakes or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.9 calories, Carbohydrate 35.9 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 1.1 mg, Sugar 32.2 g
APPLE CIDER SYRUP
Apple-licious! Easy-to-make breakfast or dessert syrup uses unfiltered apple juice and a few other common ingredients. This creamy syrup is full of rustic apple flavor and not too sweet with just a touch of tang.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble, about 1 minute. Add sugar and molasses; stir until sugar has absorbed molasses and butter, about 3 minutes. The mixture will be very dry. Add 2 cups apple cider. Mix well and bring to a slow boil. Add cinnamon stick and continue to simmer syrup for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon apple cider, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into syrup in the saucepan, whisking continuously until fully incorporated. Simmer until thickened, with a consistency similar to warm maple syrup, about 5 minutes. The syrup will thicken upon cooling.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 2.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 8.6 mg, Sugar 33.8 g
- In a large pot, bring the cider to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil the cider until it has reduced to a thin syrup (you should have about 1/2 cup), approximately 25 minutes. Cool and store at room temperature.
APPLE CIDER SYRUP
- In a 1-quart, heat proof, microwavable measuring bowl, mix all of the ingredients. Heat in the microwave on high for about 5 minutes or until the butter is completely melted. Stir and heat until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Hints for success: - Be sure to heat the griddle before pouring your pancake batter. - Using a copper bowl to whisk the egg whites will give you more volume. - Do not whisk the whites until they appear dry. They should be stiff, yet moist. - Fold the whites and the squash mixture gently. If you over do it you will deflate the whites and have tougher, flatter pancakes. - The syrup is rich and full of flavor. You can make it the night before, refrigerate it and reheat the next morning. - Use the freshest apple cider you can find. If you use apple juice, try to use one that is not overly sweet.
EASY APPLE SYRUP
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and allspice; mix well.
- Stir in apple juice.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49.1, Fat 0.1, Sodium 1.4, Carbohydrate 12.4, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 10.8
APPLE DUMPLINGS WITH SYRUP
Luscious dumplings are a popular fund-raiser for the College Hill Presbyterian Church Women's Association. "We up our fresh apple order by a bushel each year."-College Hill Presbyterian Church Women's Associati, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide into 24 portions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle., On a well-floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 7-in. square. Place an apple on each square. Combine sugar and cinnamon; place 1 tablespoonful into the core of each apple. Dot each with 1 teaspoon butter., Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until smooth and blended. Pour over apples. , Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 722 calories, Fat 41g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 691mg sodium, Carbohydrate 84g carbohydrate (50g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
APPLE SYRUP CAKE
This is one of my best loved desserts because it brings back childhood memories of huge Sunday lunches with family and friends.
Provided by Bokenpop aka Mad
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one by one beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture.
- Add milk mixing well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into greased Pyrex dish (9'' x 12") and spread evenly.
- Pack apple pieces evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes checking at 25 minutes.
- Boil all syrup ingredients together for 5 minutes and pour over hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve as a cake or dessert with custard or cream.
More about "easy apple syrup recipes"
EASY MAPLE SYRUP APPLESAUCE RECIPE FOR CANNING
APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS RECIPE WITH MAPLE SYRUP
HOMEMADE APPLE-INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP - THE COOKIE …
HOMEMADE APPLE SYRUP - MADE FROM PURE APPLES
QUICK AND EASY APPLE SYRUP - JONESIN' FOR TASTE
5/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 50 per serving
- In a sauce pan, add sugar, Bisquik mix, nutmeg, cinnamon, apple juice, lemon juice, and butter. Mix together and bring to a boil.
APPLE SYRUP (APPELSTROOP) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (42)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory CondimentCalories 47 per serving
EASY BOILED APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE | SWEET CAYENNE
EASY APPLE SYRUP (KITCHENPC)
APPLE CIDER SIMPLE SYRUP FALL SYRUP W/ FRESH CIDER - GASTRONOM …
APPLE CIDER SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE DUMPLING SYRUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CRABAPPLE SYRUP RECIPE - BACKYARD FORAGER
EASY APPLE SYRUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY APPLE SYRUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ONE-INGREDIENT APPLE CIDER SYRUP: ADD THIS EASY, AFFORDABLE ... - SALON
SPICED APPLE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY TO MAKE APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE - FARMHOUSE & BLOOMS
APPLE PANCAKE SYRUP (BEST RECIPE!) - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
CRAB APPLE SYRUP | EDIBLE CAPITAL DISTRICT
BEST EASY HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER SYRUP - SAVORY EXPERIMENTS
EASY MAPLE WALNUT APPLE CRISP - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
APPLE SIMPLE SYRUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY CANDY APPLE RECIPE - I HEART EATING
MAPLE SYRUP APPLE CAKE | APPLE CAKE | MAPLE SYRUP APPLE CAKE
EASY APPLE SYRUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
APPLE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SPICED APPLE CORE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
BROWN SUGAR-APPLE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CANDY APPLES: EASY APPLE RECIPE WITHOUT CORN SYRUP - TWO PURPLE …
EASY HOMEMADE APPLE PANCAKE SYRUP - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
10 BEST APPLE MAPLE SYRUP CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
20 BEST MAPLE DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
EASY APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE — SARA'S TINY KITCHEN
EASY APPLE BUTTER – NO REFINED SUGAR (VIDEO)
EASY APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE WITH KRUSTEAZ
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #breakfast #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #apples
Apple Pie Syrup...Delicious and Easy!1.9K views-06:03
How to Make Applesauce | Easy Amazing Homemade Applesauce Recipe26K views-08:22
Homemade Applesauce Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com687K views-10:00
Easy Maple Apple Streusel Cake Recipe | with Pure Maple Syrup from Canada23K views-08:27
Apple Sauce Recipe - Homemade, Easy and Delicious by Rockin Robin42K views-06:38
How to Make Apple-Spiced Simple Syrup by John Cusimano1.6K views-00:41
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook apples in apple syrup?Instructions In a saucepan, combine all of the syrup ingredients except for the apples. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and melt butter. Boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to medium and add apples. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples are desired tenderness. Serve over pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal or ice cream.
How do you thicken apple syrup with sugar?Stir to dissolve sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and syrup has thickened. Serve over pancakes or ice cream. See how to make a simple loaf cake layered with apples and cinnamon.
How do you boil apple cider to make syrup?Boil the cider until it has reduced to a thin syrup (you should have about 1/2 cup), approximately 25 minutes. Cool and store at room temperature. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional. It has not been tested for home use.
How do you make applesauce with sugar?Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours, or until concentrated to your liking (remember, it might be sour depending on type of apples used, but we will be adding sugar later!) Strain apples and discard. Add liquid back to pan (measuring first) and add equal amount of sugar to liquid ratio.