- In a blender, chop garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into the blender, reserving about 1 tablespoon for garnish. Add reserved liquid, lemon juice, tahini, and salt to the blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 198.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
For a quick dip, make Ina Garten's Hummus recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; use tahini, garlic and lemon juice to brighten up canned chickpeas.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield about 2 3/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 1. Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- 2. Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.
This creamy, rich hummus is made using just five ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes. Serve with crunchy seasonal veg or warm pitta breads
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Lunch, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold running water. Tip into the large bowl of a food processor along with 60ml of the oil and blitz until almost smooth. Add the garlic, lemon and tahini along with 30ml water. Blitz again for about 5 mins, or until the hummus is smooth and silky.
- Add 20ml more water, a little at a time, if it looks too thick. Season and transfer to a bowl. Swirl the top of the hummus with the back of a dessert spoon and drizzle over the remaining oil. Serve with crunchy crudités and toasted pitta bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "hummus recipes"
HUMMUS | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (49)Total Time 5 minsCategory Dip
- Extra smooth optional steps: If you want ultra smooth hummus, do one of the extra Smooth Hummus steps below (I rare bother!).
- Blitz! Place remaining chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Blitz until it becomes a paste.
- Season - Add salt and pepper - if using canned chickpeas, add salt gradually because the saltiness varies from brand to brand.
HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER HUMMUS RECIPES
Servings 10Total Time 10 minsCategory Healthy Lunchbox See details »
EASY HUMMUS (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT)
5/5 (1.3K)Category AppetizerCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 10 mins See details »
BEST LEBANESE HUMMUS | FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (202)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 205 per serving See details »
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE (VIDEO & STEPWISE PHOTOS) | HOMEMADE ...
4.9/5 (33)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizers, Side Dish, Starters See details »
BEST HUMMUS RECIPE (PLUS TIPS & VARIATIONS) - COOKIE AND KATE
Cuisine IsraeliTotal Time 40 minsCategory Dip See details »
EASY HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (66)Total Time 5 mins See details »
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.5/5 (46)Servings 2 See details »
THE BEST HOMEMADE HUMMUS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
5/5 (90)Category AppetizersCuisine Israeli, Middle EasternTotal Time 20 mins See details »
THE BEST BASIC HOUMOUS RECIPE | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE (AUTHENTIC & HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH ...
4.9/5 (115)Total Time 10 hrs 15 mins
- u003cemu003eIf using dry chickpeas allow extra time for soaking (overnight) and cooking (2 hours). u003c/emu003eu003cbr/u003eTake 1 cup dry chickpeas and place it in a large bowl. Add plenty of water and soak overnight (chickpeas will expand in the bowl).u003cbr/u003eu003cbr/u003eWhen ready, drain chickpeas and place them in a medium-sized heavy cooking pot. Cover with water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You should end up with about 3 cups of cooked chickpeas. u003cbr/u003eu003cbr/u003e*u003cstrongu003eIf using canned chickpeasu003c/strongu003e, give them a quick 20 minute simmer in plenty of water to help soften them some more. u003cimg alt=u0022chickpeas soaked overnightu0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/How-to-make-falafel-recipe-2.jpgu0022/u003e
- Cover the cooked chickpeas in hot water and add 1 1/2 tsp baking soda. Leave for a few minutes. Take a handful of chickpeas and rub under running water to remove the skins. Discard skins. Let the chickpeas cool completely before using. u003cbr/u003eu003cimg alt=u0022chickpeas being peeled under running wateru0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-to-make-hummus-1.jpgu0022/u003e
- Dry the chickpeas well then add them to the bowl of a large food processor that's fitted with a blade. Run the processor until the chickpeas turn into a smooth powder-like paste
- While the food processor is running, add 2 ice cubes, tahini, salt, and lemon juice. Blend for about 4 minutes or so. Check, and if the consistency is too thick still, run processor and slowly add a little hot water. Blend until you reach desired silky smooth consistency. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate the hummus for an hour or so before serving. u003cbr/u003eu003cimg alt=u0022hummus dip in the food processoru0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-to-make-hummus-6.jpgu0022/u003e
THE BEST HUMMUS RECIPE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
Reviews 2Total Time 5 minsServings 6-8
- Add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of water.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
TOP 10 RECIPES WITH HUMMUS: EASY & DELICIOUS DISHES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Kale Pesto Penne with Roasted Tomatoes. Our first pick is this delicious penne (who doesn’t love Italian food? They really know what they’re doing when it comes to flavor combinations).
- Crunchy + Creamy Green Beans. This recipe is super simple, and makes a great side dish. Green bean dishes can get a bit boring (we all love green bean casserole – but sometimes you want to switch it up a bit).
- Roasted Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Of all our recipes with hummus, this has got to be our most comforting. When you cook with hummus, it provides an excellent, creamy base for whatever you’re making.
- Vegan Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers. When most people think of healthy food, they think boring. This simply isn’t the case. These vegan jalapeno peppers are almost sinful, they’re so delicious.
- Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough S’Mores Dip. Dark chocolate, cookie dough, and s’mores? All in one recipe? Why, yes. This delectable dessert is made using our unique Dark Chocolate Hummus.
- Vegan Queso Nachos. Nachos make a great snack, but they also can make a great meal, which is why they’re included in our top 10 recipes using hummus. This recipe uses our Red Pepper flavor.
- Dark Chocolate Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Cake. Cake made with hummus? You bet! Humus makes a great base for cakes and other baked goods. And, when you use our chocolate dip, it adds another dimension of flavor.
- Jalapeno Cilantro Black Bean Street Tacos. Who doesn’t love a punchy, colorful taco? This inventive recipe uses our Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus for a great kick of flavor.
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Galaxy Donuts. Donut made with humus may sound odd, but trust us: These donuts are addictive. Made with our unique Dark Chocolate Coconut flavor, you’ll want to eat the dip before you even add it to the donut batter.
- Thai Curry Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Skewers. Humus makes a great marinade for meat. This recipe uses our Thai Coconut Curry flavor, which lends a tasty exotic flavor to the grilled skewers.
20 CREAMY, DREAMY HUMMUS RECIPES - BON APPéTIT RECIPE ...
Author Bon Appétit
- Beet-Pickled Egg and Garlic Hummus. Beets lend their deep red color to hard-boiled eggs and exactly the right texture to hummus with two (two!) types of garlic.
- Sweet and Tangy Hummus. Red pepper paste gives this garlic-free hummus its color and smoky-sweet flavor. View Recipe.
- Boiled Peanut Hummus. Boiled peanuts, meet hummus. Hummus, meet boiled peanuts. Our work here is done. View Recipe.
- Black-Eyed Pea Hummus. Black-eyed peas and garlic bring a surprising and comforting depth of flavor to already-awesome hummus. View Recipe.
- Diana's Hummus. Designer Alex Tatusian mother ran a short-lived hummus business, and this is the recipe he still swears by. View Story.
- Israeli-Style Hummus. Intentionally overcooking the chickpeas then whipping the mixture is key to Dizengoff's velvety hummus. View Recipe.
- Beet and Ricotta Hummus. This bright pink and super creamy hummus is a party showstopper. View Recipe.
- Hummus with Roasted Bell Peppers. You might think there’s a lot of olive oil here, and there is, but believe us, you won’t want any less. View Recipe.
- Herby Avocado Hummus. Creamy avocado hummus, where have you been all our lives? View Recipe.
- Hummus with Sugar Snap Peas and Basil. Try seeking out a high-quality Sauvignon Blanc vinegar. You’ll be amazed at how much it brightens these sugar snap peas.
THE 19 BEST HUMMUS RECIPES
- Classic Hummus With Tahini. Want to make the traditional hummus that's been popular for centuries? Here's the ultimate classic recipe for this Middle Eastern dip, which includes tahini (sesame paste).
- Hummus Without Tahini. Traditional hummus recipes are made with tahini, but if you have an allergy to sesame, here's an alternative hummus recipe to try.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. The sweetness and smokiness of roasted red peppers make a fantastic way to kick up the flavor of the traditional hummus recipe a notch.
- Black Bean Hummus. Southwestern cuisine meets a favorite Middle Eastern recipe in this protein- and antioxidant-rich hummus recipe that uses black beans instead of the traditional chickpeas.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus. Sun-dried tomato hummus is super easy to make, and a great way to add variety to your appetizer table at parties and cookouts. Just a handful of ingredients go into this easy hummus dip recipe you can whip up in minutes in your food processor.
- Cauliflower Hummus Recipe. This cauliflower hummus is a low-carb and keto-friendly twist on traditional hummus made with chickpeas. Cauliflower lends a lighter mouthfeel, while the tahini and olive oil still give it that classic silkiness.
- Sweet Potato Hummus. Sweet potato hummus is a perfect autumn dip. The recipe uses a single sweet potato along with canned chickpeas, tahini, and garlic. Since it's cooked and mashed for the hummus, this is also an excellent use for leftover sweet potatoes.
- Spinach and Feta Hummus. Planning a Greek-inspired feast of kebabs or gyros this summer? You'll want to include this delicious Greek hummus dip with fresh spinach and crumbled feta cheese as an inspired appetizer.
- Kalamata Olive Hummus. The savory, salty taste of Kalamata olives adds something special to this simple hummus recipe. Serve this tasty dip at buffet parties, alongside a tray of pita bread triangles, pita chips, crackers, or raw vegetables.
- Peanut Butter Hummus. Peanut butter hummus is a fun and unexpected appetizer that kids and adults alike will love. Packed with yummy flavor and high in protein, peanut butter hummus is great for vegetarians and peanut butter lovers.
THE BEST HUMMUS I HAVE EVER HAD! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCuisine Mediterranean, Middle EastTotal Time 10 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS AT HOME THE EASY WAY | TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
13 HEALTHY HUMMUS RECIPES WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF | FORKS ...
4.3/5 (6)Published 2020-05-08Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
HEALTHY HUMMUS RECIPES | EATINGWELL
See details »
HUMMUS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
HUMMUS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
See details »
HUMMUS RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
HUMMUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
16 THINGS TO DO WITH HUMMUS | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation healthy appetizers beans asian middle-eastern vegan vegetarian dips dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat chick-peas-garbanzos low-in-something 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love