EASY HUMMUS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS
How to make hummus the traditional way. No fuss. No extra flavors added. Just a plain, classic homemade hummus recipe. And a couple of tricks will ensure you achieve the best hummus ever--thick, smooth, rich, and ultra creamy. Be sure to see the video tutorial as well.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add chickpeas and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Puree until a smooth, powder-like mixture forms.
- While processor is running, add ice cubes, tahini, salt, and lemon juice. Blend for about 4 minutes or so. Check, and if the consistency is too thick still, run processor and slowly add a little hot water. Blend until you reach desired silky smooth consistency.
- Spread in a serving bowl and add a generous drizzle of Early Harvest EVOO. Add a few chickpeas to the middle, if you like. Sprinkle sumac on top. Enjoy with warm pita wedges and your favorite veggies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Sugar 3.1 g, Sodium 153.2 mg, Fat 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 19.4 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 7.2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
SUPER EASY HUMMUS
- Blend garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and sesame oil in a food processor; stream reserved bean liquid into the mixture as it blends until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.6 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 500.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- In a blender, chop garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into the blender, reserving about 1 tablespoon for garnish. Add reserved liquid, lemon juice, tahini, and salt to the blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 198.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
For a quick dip, make Ina Garten's Hummus recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; use tahini, garlic and lemon juice to brighten up canned chickpeas.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield about 2 3/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.
THE BEST HUMMUS
This is a classic tahini-forward, bright and lemony hummus, and is similar to what you would find in Israel. We tried this recipe with from-scratch dried chickpeas as well as with canned, and the flavor and texture were only marginally better with the freshly cooked. And we saved 24 hours of prep time! So for a creamy, satisfying 15-minute hummus, we're going with the can.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Drain the chickpeas in a medium mesh sieve, reserving the liquid. Reserve about 7 chickpeas for garnish.
- Process the tahini, garlic and cumin in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2/3 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid (if you don't have exactly 2/3 cup, add water until the total amount is 2/3 cup) and process until light and very creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. The mixture will appear broken at first but will come together after all the liquid is added and has been processed for a minute or two.
- Add the chickpeas, the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the tahini mixture. Process until the mixture is extremely smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally, about 4 minutes. Thin with more water if you prefer a looser consistency. Taste and season with more salt, lemon juice or cumin as desired.
- Spoon the hummus into a shallow bowl, making a well in the center, and drizzle liberally with oil. Top with the reserved chickpeas and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with pita bread, pita chips or cut raw vegetables.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning and serve chilled or at room temperature.
I serve this at least once a week with a chicken or steak meal or just as a quick snack. Learned from my late grandfather who was of Lebanese descent. Serve with fresh Arabic bread.
Provided by Reman9981
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, and cumin into a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle top of hummus with paprika and fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 28.5 mg
This creamy, rich hummus is made using just five ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes. Serve with crunchy seasonal veg or warm pitta breads
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Lunch, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold running water. Tip into the large bowl of a food processor along with 60ml of the oil and blitz until almost smooth. Add the garlic, lemon and tahini along with 30ml water. Blitz again for about 5 mins, or until the hummus is smooth and silky.
- Add 20ml more water, a little at a time, if it looks too thick. Season and transfer to a bowl. Swirl the top of the hummus with the back of a dessert spoon and drizzle over the remaining oil. Serve with crunchy crudités and toasted pitta bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
- 1. Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- 2. Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.
More about "hummus recipes"
THE 15 BEST HUMMUS RECIPES
Author Cathy JacobsPublished 2018-05-11
- Classic Hummus With Tahini. Want to make the traditional hummus that's been popular for centuries? Here's the ultimate classic recipe for this Middle Eastern dip, which includes tahini (sesame paste).
- Hummus Without Tahini. Traditional hummus recipes are made with tahini, but if you have an allergy to sesame, here's an alternative hummus recipe to try.
- Black Bean Hummus. Southwestern cuisine meets a favorite Middle Eastern recipe in this protein- and antioxidant-rich hummus recipe that uses black beans instead of the traditional chickpeas.
- White Bean Hummus Dip. White bean hummus is super easy to make, and a great way to add variety to your appetizer table at parties and cookouts. Just a handful of ingredients go into this easy hummus dip recipe you can whip up in minutes in your food processor.
- Kalamata Olive Hummus. The savory, salty taste of Kalamata olives adds something special to this simple hummus recipe. Serve this tasty dip at buffet parties, alongside a tray of pita bread triangles, pita chips, crackers, or raw vegetables.
- Peanut Butter Hummus. Peanut butter hummus is a fun and unexpected appetizer that kids and adults alike will love. Packed with yummy flavor and high in protein, peanut butter hummus is great for vegetarians and peanut butter lovers.
- Cilantro and Lemon Hummus. Do you love the herbaceous green flavor of cilantro? If you do, you're sure to flip your lid over this sweet, earthy, lemony hummus recipe with a delightful cilantro twist.
- Carrot Hummus. Roasted carrots and garlic are combined with the usual hummus ingredients for a vibrant, creamy carrot hummus dip. Roasting the veggies adds a light sweetness and lots of nutrition.
- Pumpkin Hummus. Pumpkin adds pretty color and nice creaminess, making it a delicious fall appetizer. Fresh sage is a nice addition to this pumpkin hummus.
- Lebanese Moutabel (Spicy Eggplant Dip) Calling all eggplant lovers, this delectable hummus recipe features roasted eggplant as its main ingredient. It has a smoky flavor a little bit reminiscent of baba ghannouj, a Middle Eastern eggplant dip.
HUMMUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
16 BEST HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE HUMMUS RECIPE - ANNA IN THE KITCHEN
HUMMUS RECIPE |OTTOLENGHI
15 EASY HUMMUS VARIATIONS - SERIOUS EATS
HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER HUMMUS RECIPES
THE BEST HUMMUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS IN 3 MINUTES!
13 RECIPES WITH HUMMUS | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS AT HOME THE EASY WAY | TASTE OF HOME
EASY HUMMUS (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT) - INSPIRED TASTE
BEST HUMMUS RECIPE (PLUS TIPS & VARIATIONS) - COOKIE AND KATE
HUMMUS | RICARDO
TOP 10 RECIPES WITH HUMMUS: EASY & DELICIOUS DISHES
HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE (WITH CANNED CHICKPEAS)
HUMMUS WITH GROUND BEEF - THE LEMON BOWL®
EASY AUTHENTIC HUMMUS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
HUMMUS (THE BEST) | RICARDO
HUMMUS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
30 HEALTHY HUMMUS RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - DR. AXE
20 CREAMY, DREAMY HUMMUS RECIPES - BON APPéTIT
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE HUMMUS - FEELGOODFOODIE
16 THINGS TO DO WITH HUMMUS | TASTE OF HOME
HEALTHY HUMMUS RECIPES | EATINGWELL
THE BEST HOMEMADE HUMMUS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS (+5 FLAVOR VARIATIONS) | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THE BEST BASIC HOUMOUS RECIPE | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
3 EASY, DELICIOUS HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPES - MY GREEK DISH
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS FROM SCRATCH | EATINGWELL
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HUMMUS! | FEASTING AT HOME
HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE - 5 MINUTES TO MAKE! | MOM ON …
HUMMUS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
HUMMUS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE (VIDEO & STEPWISE PHOTOS) | HOMEMADE …
HUMMUS | RECIPETIN EATS
HUMMUS RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
HUMMUS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #healthy #appetizers #beans #asian #middle-eastern #vegan #vegetarian #dips #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #chick-peas-garbanzos #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love