BC CHERRY JAM
When fresh cherries are in season, we preserve them to enjoy all year. This jam is sweet and can be also made as a light version with sugar-free pectin and Splenda®.
Provided by Pepper
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place cherries, apple juice, lemon juice, and pectin into a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, and mix in the sugar. Cook the jam at a rolling boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the cherry jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes, or the time as recommended by your county Extension agent.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.1 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
OVER-THE-TOP CHERRY JAM
We live in Door County, an area known for its wonderful tart cherries. This beautiful, sweet jam makes lovely gifts. -Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a food processor, cover and process cherries in batches until finely chopped. Transfer to a Dutch oven; stir in pectin and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. , Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 6 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
EASY CHERRY JAM
Celebrate cherries with this homemade cherry jam. Perfect in cakes or slathered over fresh bread, it also makes a lovely gift for family and friends
Provided by Anna Glover
Yield Makes 4 x 150g jars
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put two saucers in the freezer for testing the jam later on. Tip the cherries, sugar and lemon juice into a large, heavy-based saucepan and simmer uncovered over a medium-high heat for 35-50 mins, stirring frequently until thick and glossy.
- After 35 mins, spoon a little of the jam onto one of the chilled saucers. Leave for 1 min, press a fingertip into the jam. If it starts the wrinkle, it's ready. If it slides away, continue to boil the jam for 10 mins, then test again on the other saucer.
- Spoon the jam into sterilised jars and seal. Will keep for six months unopened (when stored in a dark, cool place), or opened in the fridge for three months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 calories, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 0.2 grams fiber, Protein 0.1 grams protein
More about "easy cherry jam recipes"
QUICK & EASY CHERRY JAM FROM MJ'S KITCHEN
Ratings 1Category Jams And PreservesServings 1Total Time 45 mins
- If you aren't planning on using temperature to know when the jam is ready to pour, then place a small saucer in the freezer.
- Wash and rinse a clean pint jar (do not dry) and place in microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool before handling.
- *(Optional) Using an immersion blender, pulse about 4 to 5 times. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer chopped cherries to a regular blender and pulse 3 to 4 times. Do NOT pureé the cherries.
HOMEMADE CHERRY JAM RECIPE - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
Ratings 2Calories 404 per servingCategory Condiment
- Bring the cherries to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer to thicken, approximately 15 minutes.
RECIPE: QUICK CHERRY JAM | KITCHN
40 HOMEMADE JELLY AND JAM RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
5 EASY TOMATO JAM RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
CHERRY JAM RECIPE WITH CANNING INSTRUCTIONS - THE SWEET SAVORY LIFE
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE WITHOUT PECTIN - FOOD NEWS
RAINIER CHERRY JAM - COOKING LSL
CHERRY FREEZER JAM RECIPE IS SO EASY TO MAKE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHERRY JAM - SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS! | FAB FOOD 4 ALL
CHERRY JAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRY JAM - DELISH
VERY CHERRY CHERRY JAM RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
EASY CHERRY JAM (LOW SUGAR AND NO PECTIN) - LITTLE SPOON FARM
EASY CHIA CHERRY JAM RECIPE - THE NOVICE CHEF
CHERRY JAM: LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY SWEET SPREAD
EASY CHERRY JAM - TASTE LOVE AND NOURISH
BEST CHERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN (3 INGREDIENTS) - VEENA …
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE - YOUTUBE
HOMEMADE GROUND CHERRY JAM - NO PECTIN REQUIRED
SWEET CHERRY JAM WITH PECTIN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE CHERRY JAM WITH VANILLA + CANNING …
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE - THE FRUGAL CHEF
CANNING CHERRY JAM | A CHUNKY JAM RECIPE | A FARM GIRL IN THE …
CHERRY JAM RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE (NO PECTIN) | NO DISHRESPECT
CHERRY JAM RECIPE WITHOUT PECTIN AND LOW SUGAR
EASY CHERRY BERRY JAM RECIPE (NO SUGAR OR PECTIN) - SIMPLYCEECEE.CO
EASY CHERRY JAM | THE USEFUL COOK
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE - YOUTUBE
17 BEST CHERRY RECIPES THAT ARE EASY TO MAKE AT HOME
10 BEST CHERRY TOMATO JAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE WITHOUT PECTIN - CURRYTRAIL
HOMEMADE CHERRY PRESERVES RECIPE | THE HUNGRY HUTCH
HOMEMADE CHERRY JAM - COOKING LSL
बच्चों के लिए घर में बनाये चेरी जैम, EASY CHERRY JAM …
CHERRY JAM | RICARDO
EASY CHERRY JAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
EASY BLACK CHERRY JAM RECIPE (CONSERVE METHOD) | FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
RAINIER CHERRY JAM - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
CHERRY JAM RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SOUR CHERRY JAM (NO PECTIN, SMALL BATCH) - HOMEMADE IN THE …
EASY CHERRY CHIA SEED JAM RECIPE | ELIZABETH RIDER
WILD CHERRY PLUM RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY SWEET CHERRY JAM (NO PECTIN RECIPE!) - DASH OF JAZZ
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade cherry jam at home?Place a saucer or small plate in the freezer. This will be used to test the jam consistency later. Place the cherries, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a large, nonreactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
How much sugar do you put in Cherry Jam?My recipe calls for just ⅓ cup of sugar for every two cups of cherries. When you use ripe cherries, they're about sweet enough! And you can eat cherry jam in so many different ways. I like it as a pastry filling, on yogurt parfaits, and spread over homemade buttermilk biscuits.
How do you make cherries with pitted cherries?4 cups smashed pitted cherries (approximately 8 cups whole cherries will equal the 4 cups smashed/pitted) Prepare jars and canner with hot water. Place prepared cherries, lime juice, and calcium water in a large stock pot on the stove, stir well, and over medium high heat bring to a boil.
Can you use frozen cherries for jam?Can You Use Frozen Cherries for Jam? Yes, cherries freeze quite well and can be used to make both jam, jelly, and cherry pie filling. Make sure you thaw frozen cherries fully before proceeding with the recipe. I will often freeze cherries and berries to make jam later in the fall when I have more time (and a cooler kitchen).