EASY PAELLA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP
- Chop your onion, mince your garlic, and slice your bell peppers.
- Slice your chicken breasts by butterflying them first. To do that, place your hand on top of the chicken breast and slice horizontally straight into the middle until you can unfold the chicken breast and its width doubles, and then slice into thin pieces.
- Once your chicken has been sliced, ensure your shrimp has been completely defrosted and rinsed. Pat it dry with some paper towel to remove excess water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, season the chicken breast slices with sea salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp paprika. Add 1 tbsp of your oil to the pan and after the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until browned. Be careful not to turn the chicken too often. This prevents the browning process (which adds flavour).
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it to a bowl and place the pan back on the heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil and when it's heated, add the shrimp. While they're cooking, season the shrimp with the turmeric, garlic powder and a pinch of pepper (if you wish). You'll know they're done when they turn pink (a few minutes). Transfer to the same bowl as the chicken.
- Next, add the last tablespoon of your oil to the pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions soften slightly. Add the few tablespoons of white wine to the pan. It will start bubbling vigorously right away, so stir it around with the onions and garlic and let the wine soften the browned bits (leftover from the chicken and shrimp) stuck to the bottom of the pan. If you don't have any wine on hand, a few tablespoons of chicken broth will do the trick. Once you've deglazed the pan, add the rice, tomatoes (in their juice! Don't drain them!), chicken broth, and spices.
- Once it starts to boil, turn down the heat just slightly and simmer (covered) for about 15-20 minutes.
- Feel free to throw in your bell peppers at any time while the mixture is simmering. Since we have two small children I added the bell peppers right away in order to make sure they were soft. If you prefer them only slightly tender, leave the peppers out at this stage.
- The mixture will reduce considerably after 15-20 minutes. At this time, add the chicken and shrimp (and the peppers if you haven't yet) and continue simmering for 4-6 more minutes, or until rice is tender. Add salt and pepper to your taste (approx. 1/4 tsp each). The amount of salt you add will largely depend on what type of chicken broth you used; mine was homemade broth that contained no salt, so I added just under 1/2 tsp. If yours is store-bought, consider the amount of sodium in the broth before adding salt.
- Garnish with a little bit of chopped cilantro if you wish, and serve!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 368 kcal, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 198 mg, Sodium 1187 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 5 g
EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA
Spanish chorizo, available in many supermarkets, spices up this robust one-pan dinner that's made with chicken thighs and drumsticks as well as shrimp. Arborio rice soaks up the dish's savory flavors as it cooks.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook chicken (do not crowd pot) until browned, 7 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate (reserve pot); set aside.
- Place bell pepper, chorizo, onion, garlic, and tomatoes (with their juice) in pot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add rice; cook, stirring, until translucent around edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until rice begins to soften, about 10 minutes. Add peas and shrimp, submerging them in liquid. Cover and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes.
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO, SHRIMP AND CHICKEN
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until it releases its fat. 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken, onions and garlic and brown the chicken on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste, followed by the saffron and then the wine, stirring. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook--no stirring--for 20 to 25 minutes. By then the rice should be almost done.
- Add the shrimp, mussels and peas and continue to cook until the rice is fluffy and the mussels have opened. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with the scallions and serve.
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP EASY PAELLA
- In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock until boiling.
- In a separate large saucepan or paella pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and add the onion, the garlic, the peppers, the saffron and the chorizo. Cook for 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft and chorizo is browned.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes and tomato paste until well mixed and cook for 5 minutes. Add the boiling chicken stock little by little, stirring each addition constantly until the stock is almost absorbed.
- Cover the paella pan with aluminum foil, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is tender. Add the shrimp and the scallops and let cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Decorate with the chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
QUICK SHRIMP AND CHICKEN PAELLA
Enjoy your Spanish dinner featuring shrimp, chicken, rice and ababy sweet peas - a hearty dinner ready in 15 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In small bowl, mix saffron and hot water; set aside.
- In large bowl, toss shrimp and chicken with seasoning blend until coated. Spray 12-inch skillet with butter-flavor cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to skillet; spray mixture with cooking spray. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in saffron mixture, rice and peas, breaking up rice with wooden spoon. Cover; cook 3 minutes or until rice and peas are thoroughly heated, shrimp are pink and chicken is no longer pink in center. Fluff with fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.5, Carbohydrate 80.4 g, Cholesterol 86.9 mg, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1269.4 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes. Stir in saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.
- Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736.2 calories, Carbohydrate 45.7 g, Cholesterol 202.5 mg, Fat 35.1 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 55.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1204.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Fry hot and mild Italian sausage pieces in the wok until brown on all sides. Remove sausage, and fry the chicken strips in the sausage drippings until browned. Remove chicken and saute onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the uncooked rice, tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, oregano and turmeric. Cook and stir for 1 minute, then mix in the reserved tomato juice and chicken broth. Add chicken pieces, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add sausage to the mixture, and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, then stir in the shrimp; cover and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 616.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 230.3 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 56.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1729.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
You don't need a special paella pan to make this easy take on the classic Spanish dish. Use a wide, shallow saute pan with a lid. Chicken sausage and shrimp star in this one-pan dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a heavy 12-inch saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just pink on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes (do not overcook). Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil and sausage to pan; cook over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, turmeric, tomatoes, and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in cooked shrimp; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20 g
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA
This appetizing meal makes it easy to see why so many top chefs prefer cooking with natural gas. Stoves and grills that use natural gas allow you to cook with more even, direct and precise heat. Try it out and see the difference.
Provided by maryjjohnson34
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high.
- Working in batches, cook chicken (do not crowd pot) until browned for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reserve pot.
- Place bell pepper, chorizo, onion, garlic and tomatoes (with their juice) in pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated; about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add rice, stirring until translucent around edges; about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth and chicken, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice begins to soften; about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and shrimp, submerging them in liquid. Cover and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout; about 4 to 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1514.3, Fat 69.6, SaturatedFat 18.3, Cholesterol 444.4, Sodium 1506.2, Carbohydrate 112.8, Fiber 12, Sugar 12.2, Protein 103.3
More about "easy chicken and shrimp paella recipes"
EASY SHRIMP AND CHICKEN PAELLA • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
4/5 (26)Category DinnerCuisine SpanishTotal Time 35 mins
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a heavy, 12 inch, sauté pan (or high sided cast iron skillet). Add chicken and brown over medium high heat until golden on all sides, 1-2 min. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute 1-2 min. Add the tomatoes (un-drained), paprika, rosemary, salt,and pepper. Sauté until the mixture begins to caramelize and darken, 3-4 min.
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (19)Calories 433 per servingServings 6
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring to crumble. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan. Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Wrap handle of pan with foil; cover pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas. Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
FAMILY FRIENDLY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA - THE …
MIXED PAELLA WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND SAUSAGE - JULIA'S …
EASY CHICKEN & SHRIMP PAELLA RECIPE | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
CHICKEN THIGHS AND SHRIMP PAELLA RECIPE - MUNCHKIN …
EASY SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PAELLA RECIPE (TIPS FOR …
EASY CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA - WOODLAND FOODS
EASY SHRIMP PAELLA WITH SMOKED CHICKEN SAUSAGE
SHRIMP PAELLA - EASY PAELLA RECIPE READY IN 30 MINUTES!
PAELLA RECIPE - JO COOKS
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP ORZO PAELLA RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
CHICKEN PORK & SHRIMP MEXICAN PAELLA RECIPE
CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND SCALLOP PAELLA - COOKING WITH ELISE
CHICKEN THIGHS AND SHRIMP PAELLA RECIPE – MY ROI LIST
WEEKNIGHT CLAM AND SHRIMP SEAFOOD PAELLA - SKINNYTASTE
STOVETOP PAELLA MIXTA FOR TWO WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND SHRIMP PAELLA - IOWA GIRL EATS
CHICKEN PORK & SHRIMP MEXICAN PAELLA RECIPE - DOBBERNATIONLOVES
17 EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CHEESE PAELLA WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP - OKAWARI SHITENE COOKING
EASY PAELLA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP
20 EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
EASY PAELLA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP
EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PAELLA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY SHRIMP AND CHICKEN PAELLA : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
EASY CHICKEN, KIELBASA AND SHRIMP PAELLA - SPOONACULAR
SPANISH PAELLA WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP RECIPE | THE …
SHRIMP AND CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
HEALTHY CHICKEN & SHRIMP PAELLA - A SASSY SPOON
EASY SPANISH PAELLA SALAD - LEMON BLOSSOMS
EASY SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE - PANNING THE GLOBE
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - EASY PAELLA AT HOME
CHICKEN & SHRIMP SPANISH PAELLA - JAR OF LEMONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make paella with chicken and rice?Add cooked rice into the skillet with shrimp, chicken and sausage. Mix everything well, so that olive oil, juices from spicy sausages, and other cooking juices and spices coat orzo or rice. Add some chicken stock or water to make paella more juicy vs. dry.
How do you make the best paella sauce?In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes.
What goes well with shrimp and rice in paella?Shrimp and rice always go so well together, and not only in the paella dish. If you never tried shrimp and rice combination, you definitely should! My favorite shrimp and rice recipes are cilantro lime and black bean shrimp and rice and shrimp with mango salsa and rice.
What is the secret ingredient in my shrimp paella?My Shrimp Paella is your answer… with a secret time-saving ingredient. Shrimp Paella is an easy, weeknight meal requiring less than 10 ingredients, one pan and 30 minutes—all due to one secret pantry staple! I’m not going to keep you waiting. The secret ingredient is SALSA! And CHI-CHI’S® Fiesta Style Roasted Tomato Salsa, to be more specific!