QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN SATAY
This is so simple and quick to put together, it is a great recipe to make after work as it can be on the table in about 30 Min's. The spiciness of the dish will depend on the brand of satay sauce you buy, mine is a medium spice and I add extra chili flakes as well, so you can make this as mild or as spicy as you like to suit personal preference. I serve this dish over basmati rice but serve with whatever you want if you do not make the rice it would be on the table even quicker.
Provided by The Flying Chef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry chicken in batches, until browned all over and cooked. Remove and set to one side.
- Cook onion and garlic in same wok, stir-until onion softens.
- Return chicken to pan, add remaining ingredients except green onion, stir-fry until everything is hot and sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve: Spoon chicken over rice and sprinkle with green onions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side.
EASY CHICKEN SATAY
Great for kids and parties! I use chicken tenders rather than preparing the breasts. Prep time includes marinating time.
Provided by MommyMakes
Yield 15 skewers, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Soak 15 wooden skewers in water.
- In a large plastic bag, combine all ingredients and toss to coat.
- Close bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard remaining marinade.
- Thread chicken strips onto skewers, threading back and forth.
- Grill or broil chicken until no longer pink.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
This recipe is part of Food Editor Barney's 'cooking with kids' series. Here, Barney and his daughter Maisie make chicken skewers with peanut sauce
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Main course
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 16
- KIDS the writing in bold is for you. GROWN-UPS the rest is for you. Make a yummy marinade. Peel the ginger and help them to finely grate it and tip it into a bowl. Repeat with the garlic and lime zest. Halve the lime and get your child to juice it, then mix it in a bowl with the honey, soy, curry powder and peanut butter. Get them to give it a good mix, adding a small splash of water if it's too stiff, then help them spoon two-thirds of the mix into a small pan. Set aside for Step 4.
- Now for some chicken bashing! Put the chicken in the sandwich bag, one breast at a time, getting your child to flatten each one with a rolling pin or a meat mallet - this isn't essential, but they like doing it.
- Mix the chicken with the marinade you made. Cut the chicken into strips, tip it into the remaining third of the peanut-butter mix, then get your child to stir well. Cover with cling film and chill until required. This can be done up to 3 hrs ahead.
- Cook your tasty sauce. While the chicken is marinating, pour the coconut milk into the pan and get your child to stir together with the peanut butter mix. The sauce needs to be heated gently and stirred - suitable for confident seven- or eight-year olds, under strict adult supervision.
- 'Sew' the chicken onto the skewers. The chicken needs to be threaded into 'S' shapes onto the skewers. Get your child to thread the skewers away from themselves, being careful of the sharp points. Younger ones might find this a little fiddly, so they could just push on small chunks.
- Paint the tray with oil and cook the chicken. Heat the grill to high and get your child to brush a baking tray with oil. They can then line up the skewers on the tray. Grill the skewers for about 10 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly charred.
- Make cucumber ribbons with a peeler. Using a swivel-blade peeler, get your child to peel the cucumber into a bowl, then carry on peeling the cucumber flesh into ribbons until they get to the seeds. Repeat with each side of the cucumber.
- Mix a dressing for the cucumber. Get your child to mix the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves - explain what dissolves means. Add the sweet chilli, if using, then pour over the cucumber. Add coriander if your child likes it, or serve on the side for the grown-ups. To serve, put the skewers on a platter, the sauce and salad in bowls, and serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.
EASY CHICKEN SATAY
- Stir together 1/2 cup coconut milk, garlic, 1 teaspoon curry powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper until the sugar has dissolved. Toss marinade with the chicken, cover, and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Bring 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon curry powder, peanut butter, chicken stock, and 1/4 cup brown sugar to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce; season to taste with salt.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread marinated chicken onto skewers, then grill 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with warm peanut sauce.
People also searched
More about "easy chicken satay recipes"
CHICKEN SATAY CURRY (MALAYSIAN) | RECIPETIN EATS
2020-09-18 · Ingredients in Satay Seasoning. The foundation of this recipe is the homemade Satay Seasoning which is used for both marinating the chicken AND in the satay …
- Marinate - Combine chicken with 3 1/2 TABLESPOONS Satay Seasoning and onion in a bowl. Marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, minimum 20 minutes (Note 6)
- Saute aromatics - Using the same skillet, turn heat down to medium and heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chill, onion and garlic cloves. Sauté until onion is translucent - around 2 minutes.
CHICKEN SATAY WITH EASY THAI PEANUT SAUCE - CHILI PEPPER ...
2019-12-06 · Thread the chicken pieces onto wooden skewers when you’re ready to cook. Next, heat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Grill the chicken …
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl or a baggie. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated with the flavors. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together, except for the water, in a small bowl until well combined and the sauce is nice and smooth.
CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
2016-11-07 · Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces and toss with half the satay sauce. Divide and thread onto 4 skewers and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but …
- Place in a blender with the toasted spices and coriander (reserving a few nice leaves in a bowl of cold water for later).
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, the green parts of the spring onions, the zest of 2 limes and the juice of 3.
CHICKEN SATAY (AUTHENTIC AND THE BEST RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
2020-04-26 · Combine the chicken and the Marinade together, stir to mix well. Marinate the chicken for 6 hours in the fridge, or best overnight. When ready, thread 3-4 pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers. Grill the chicken satay …
- Combine the chicken and the Marinade together, stir to mix well. Marinate the chicken for 6 hours in the fridge, or best overnight. When ready, thread 3-4 pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers.
THAI CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
2019-03-01 · Mix together the chicken and Marinade with 1/4 cup of coconut milk, then set aside for at least 20 minutes, or overnight. Thread onto skewers - I do 4 to 5 …
- Mix together the chicken and Marinade with 1/4 cup of coconut milk, then set aside for at least 20 minutes, or overnight.
THAI CHICKEN SATAY - CAFE DELITES
2020-10-11 · Heat oil in an oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant (about 8-10 minutes each side). …
- For the chicken marinade, mix together the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, curry paste, sauces and salt in a large, shallow bowl until well combined and creamy. Add in the chicken, turning to coat completely with the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes to half an hour in the refrigerator (if time allows).
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant (about 8-10 minutes each side). Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and no longer pink inside).
- While the chicken is in the oven, combine all Peanut Sauce ingredients into a saucepan EXCEPT for the lime juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until combined and thickened (about 5-6 minutes). Once thick, take off heat and stir in the lime juice (start with 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly to suit your tastes).
CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
2019-06-07 · Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken …
EASY CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
3. Meanwhile, make the satay sauce. Place the chilli, garlic, shallot and ginger in a blender with the palm sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce. Blend together to form a …
EASY CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT CHILLI SAUCE - NICKY'S ...
2020-04-13 · How to make it: For the satay sauce, we mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli flakes, fish sauce, coconut milk, light brown sugar, ground coriander and lime juice. Once the satay …
- Begin by soaking 8 wooden skewers in water for half an hour. This will prevent them from burning when cooking.
- Place the sliced chicken breast in a large bowl with the rest of the chicken skewer ingredients. Mix together using your hands and massage the sauce into the chicken for a minute. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 mins (up to overnight).
- Whilst the meat is marinating, place all of the satay sauce ingredients EXCEPT for the lime juice into a small pan.
- Heat over medium heat whilst stirring with a wooden spoon. The sauce will look thin at first, then as it comes close to boiling point, it will start to thicken. Don't let the sauce boil, just turn down the heat as it approaches boiling point and stir until thickened, then turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.* Note 1
EASY CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - AVERIE COOKS
2019-04-10 · Easy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. This fast and easy grilled Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce is so tender, juicy, and full of layers of flavors thanks to the marinade. There’s …
- To a medium bowl, add all marinade ingredients (except the chicken) and whisk to combine until smooth and incorporated.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine and coat. Cover and refrigerate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Thread one piece of chicken onto one metal grilling skewer and repeat with all remaining pieces. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes. Discard excess marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until done and cooked through. Rotate often to ensure even cooking. While chicken cooks make the peanut sauce.
BEST CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SATAY
2020-11-04 · Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 15 minutes. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine lemongrass and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let …
FAST EASY OVEN CHICKEN SATAY - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
2021-04-12 · To make the sauce ingredients, in a food processor, blend the peanut butter, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, red chili paste, curry powder, sugar, salt, soy sauce, and lime juice. Reserve ½ the marinade in a small bowl for dipping sauce; pour the remaining marinade over the chicken skewers, making sure all the chicken …
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. The high heat of the oven will cook the chicken fast, and it won't be dried out either, covered in the delicious sauce.
- Line your baking sheet with foil. If you are using wooden skewers like the ones pictured, you can soak the skewers in water for 10 to 30 minutes, but this is more necessary for the grill than the oven.
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board and cut into strips horizontally. Insert all the skewers vertically from the bottom, moving across so that you get all the chicken onto skewers (see the photo in the post).
- Then cut the chicken vertically, and you will have cubes of chicken on each skewer (see the photo in the post).
CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE WITH PEANUT SAUCE - PUPS WITH CHOPSTICKS
2020-12-11 · An easy chicken satay recipe marinated in coconut cream, curry powder, and spices and grilled over an open flame and brushed with a light coconut cream glaze. Served with a simple and …
- Peel away the first layer of the lemongrass and cut off approximately 2 inches of the top dry ends and discard them. Use a rolling pin or the back of your knife and smash the lemongrass to release the oils and finely chop it and place it in a food processor.
EASY SATAY SAUCE RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
2020-04-13 · In a small saucepan mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli flakes, fish sauce, coconut milk, light brown sugar and ground coriander whilst heating over a medium heat. It will thicken as it …
- Heat over medium heat whilst stirring with a wooden spoon. The sauce will look thin at first, then as it comes close to boiling point, it will start to thicken. Don't let the sauce boil, just turn down the heat as it approaches boiling point and stir until thickened, then turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, chilli flakes and fresh coriander before serving.
EASY CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - SIMPLY SUWANEE
2021-05-23 · An easy Chicken Satay recipe that is so simple to put together yet tastes so extremely delicious. A popular Thai street food that is a must if you love grilled food. Ingredients. Scale 1x 2x 3x. 1 lb chicken meat, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes; 1 tsp cumin powder; 1 tsp coriander powder; 1 tsp turmeric powder; 1 tsp palm sugar shaved; 1 ½ tsp salt; ½-1 tsp ground white pepper (as preferred here ...
RECIPE EASY CHICKEN SATAY - ALL RECIPES FOR COOKING
Easy Chicken Satay recipe All Recipes Best Recipe World Cuisine Recipes Asian. Ingredients ½ cup coconut milk . 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon curry powder 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon ground black pepper ¾ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips 1 cup coconut milk 1 tablespoon curry powder ½ cup creamy peanut butter ¾ cup ...
See details »
EASY CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - MIKHA EATS
2021-06-20 · In a Ziplock bag or airtight container, pour in marinade, add lemongrass, and chicken. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours up to overnight. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with about a tablespoon of oil. You can also cook these on a grill.
See details »
SATAY RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
As an appetizer or a main dish, satay is delicious and easy to make. Sample top-notch recipes from Food Network chefs and try one tonight.
See details »
EASY CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE WITH STIR-FRIED VEGGIES ...
2021-07-16 · Cook the chicken: Add 1 TBSP oil to a skillet (I used cast iron) over a medium flame. Let it heat up for a few minutes, then add the chicken to the pan. Make sure to space the chicken out a little and avoid getting the marinade in the pan (otherwise the chicken will just boil).
See details »
EASY THAI PEANUT CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
An Indonesian chicken satay recipe and Thai chicken skewers typically include a sauce made with peanut butter. Directions. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. EASY Slow Cooker (crock-pot) Thai Chicken with Peanut-Curry Sauce 365 Days of Slow Cooking quick cooking tapioca, fresh lime ...
See details »
EASY CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
LowCarb Thai Chicken with Satay Sauce Recipe Diet Doctor. 4 hours ago Dietdoctor.com Get All . Heat a wok pan or a large frying pan on medium-high heat with coconut oil. Add the garlic and fry the chicken and broccoli until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve the sauce, chicken, … Rating: 4.9/5(16)
See details »
PEANUT SATAY CHICKEN BY THERMIWITHFLEA. A THERMOMIX ...
2021-09-10 · Peanut Satay Chicken 500 grams boneless skinless chicken thighs, Cubed approx 2cms; 1 onion, Cut into quarter’s; 2 cloves garlic; 30 grams Butter, Cubed; 70 grams crunchy peanut butter; 1 level tbsp chicken stock paste; 120 grams water; 85 grams honey; 2 level teaspoons wholegrain mustard; 1 level teaspoons curry powder
See details »
CHICKEN SATAY FLAN RECIPE | AUSSIE GIRL CAN COOK - YOUTUBE
mate if you love your satays you have to give this a go. so moreish serves 6. really easy to make. recipe written below.2 sheets puff pastry thawed1 x 23cm f...
See details »
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion appetizers main-dish poultry easy beginner-cook dinner-party holiday-event kid-friendly chicken dietary high-protein low-carb inexpensive high-in-something toddler-friendly low-in-something meat superbowl