We eat this a lot, sometimes using beef or chicken, and find this an easy dish when we want a quick curry fix. You can add a couple of peeled, diced pootatoes and about 2 cups of water for the final 30 minutes of cooking.
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger until soft and golden.
- Add the curry powder, salt and vinegar and stir thoroughly.
- Add the lamb and cook, stirring constantly until the lamb is coated with the spice mixture.
- Add the tomatoes, chillies and mint.
- Cover and cook over a very low heat for 1 1/4 hours or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and chopped coriander in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- *note-the tomatoes should provide enough liquid for the meat to cook in, but if necessary, add a little hot water, (approximately 1/2 a cup) just enough to stop the meat sticking to the saucepan.
EASY INDIAN CURRIED LAMB
Very tender and delicious. Can be simmered on stove top or placed in slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours. Add water for more sauce.
Provided by mn
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Indian
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, garlic, and cumin seeds in the hot oil until onion is browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Add lamb, tomato paste, coriander, salt, garam masala, turmeric, and red chile powder; stir to coat. Cover saucepan and simmer until meat is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Cholesterol 53.5 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 18.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 1305.4 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
HOME-STYLE LAMB CURRY
Storecupboard spices along with puréed onions, garlic and ginger create an authentic flavour in this tender lamb curry, that's rich in iron and two of your 5-a-day
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put ½ the thumb-sized piece of ginger, 2 quartered onions and 4 garlic cloves in a food processor with 300ml water. Blitz to a smooth purée.
- Scrape down the sides with a spoon and blitz again to make it as smooth as you can. Tip into a deep sauté pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for 5 mins more, stirring occasionally. By now the liquid should be all gone. If not, cook a little longer.
- Add 2 tbsp rapeseed oil to the pan with the remaining piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks. Turn up the heat and fry, stirring, for 3-5 mins until it starts to colour.
- Stir in 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground turmeric and ½ tsp fennel seeds, then add 750g leg of lamb. Stir-fry until the lamb changes colour.
- Tip in 400g can chopped tomatoes with a can of water and 1 deseeded and sliced red or green chilli, season well, cover and leave to simmer for 1 hr.
- Stir in the finely chopped stalks from a small bunch coriander, re-cover and cook for a final 30 mins until the lamb is tender. Add a splash of water if necessary to loosen the consistency as it cooks.
- Stir in the roughly chopped coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and mango chutney or raita.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
EASY LAMB CURRY
There's nothing nicer than a hearty curry in the dead of winter. But for that matter, curry is great any time, any season, and this fits the bill perfectly.
Provided by Sackville
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix together the garlic, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Then add in the yoghurt, chilli and lamb.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor until ground to a paste.
- Take a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and stir until they turn golden.
- Add the spices.
- Lift the meat out of its marinade and add to the pan.
- Stir well until the meat is seared.
- Add the marinade and meat stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook until the lamb is done.
- Add the nut paste and coconut milk.
- Heat through and serve over rice, with a side dish such as naans or poppadums with chutney.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1030.8, Fat 86.5, SaturatedFat 30.9, Cholesterol 115.9, Sodium 510.4, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 8.7, Protein 37.2
- Cut meat, as uniformly as possible, into 2 by 3 inch cubes. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Cook meat until golden brown on all sides, then reserve on a platter. In same pot, cook onions, stirring occasionally, until golden. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and all dry spices, and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return meat to pan and pour in lamb stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 1 hour 15 minutes. Occasionally skim and discard fat that rises to the top.
- Ladle warm stew over a bed of basmati rice and serve with Orange Dal with Ginger and Garlic. Garnish with yogurt and Fried Onions. Serve immediately.
EASY LEFTOVER LAMB CURRY
Don't know what to with with leg of lamb leftovers? This easy lamb curry recipe will not disappoint! This recipe is also great with chicken! Serve with optional cilantro, shredded coconut, and peanuts as garnishes.
Provided by Hkwilkins1
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sprinkle lamb with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick pot or large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir lamb in the hot butter until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the same pot over medium heat and cook and stir onion until golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in curry. Cook for 1 minute. Return meat; add broth and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 391.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.7 g, Cholesterol 85.7 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 481.6 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Categories one pot, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Lightly toast coriander in a small pan, shaking over medium heat about 2 minutes. Repeat with cumin, cooking about 1 minute. Pour coriander, cumin and peppercorns into a sturdy bag and crush with a rolling pin, or use a mortar and pestle.
- Place oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft on edges, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and ginger, and cook another minute or two. Stir in meat and cook, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander, cumin, peppercorns, turmeric, cinnamon stick and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir. Add yogurt, milk and coconut milk, and gently bring just to a boil; cover and simmer gently until lamb is cooked through, 20 minutes. Fold in scallions, cilantro and a little lemon juice. Serve over Basmati rice.
SPICY LAMB CURRY
I've tweaked this curry over the years using a blend of aromatic spices. Fenugreek seeds can be found in specialty spice stores and are common in Middle Eastern curries and chutneys, but you can leave them out of this recipe if you desire. -Janis Kracht, Windsor, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add the lamb; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil in batches; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook onions in drippings until tender. Add the water, paprika, tomato paste, salt, mustard and chili powder., Return lamb to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in yogurt. Serve with rice. Top with pineapple, coconut and almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 534mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "easy lamb curry recipes"
LAMB CURRY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 3 hrsCuisine IndianCalories 711 per serving
QUICK LAMB CURRY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
10 BEST GROUND LAMB CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY LAMB CURRY - LOW FODMAP - FODMAP EVERYDAY
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
LAMB MADRAS - LAMB & TOMATO CURRY RECIPE | GREEDY GOURMET
7 EASY PEASY LAMB CURRY RECIPES
10 BEST LAMB CURRY COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY LEFTOVER LAMB CURRY - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
EASY LAMB CURRY - HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH - FOODLE CLUB
LAMB KORMA CURRY RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY SLOW COOKER LAMB CURRY - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS RECIPES
LAMB MINCE CURRY - KHIN'S KITCHEN
CLASSIC LAMB CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST QUICK AND EASY INDIAN LAMB CURRY RECIPE | FOODAL
LAMB CURRY RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BEST EVER LAMB CURRY - AUTHENTIC INDIAN RECIPE - VEENA …
SLOW COOKER LAMB CURRY - EASIEST EVER RECIPE!
EASY AND DELICIOUS LAMB CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
20-MINUTE SIMPLE LAMB CURRY (FAST WHOLE30) | FRUGAL NUTRITION
LAMB CURRY | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY LAMB CHOP CURRY RECIPE - GRANDMASTERAKSHAR.COM
LAMB CURRY - DELICIOUS, AROMATIC DISH FROM THE HEART OF DURBAN
AROMATIC LAMB CURRY | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY CURRY MINCE RECIPE
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPE | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPE | BEEF + LAMB NEW ZEALAND
INDIAN LAMB CURRY - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
QUICK COCONUT LAMB CURRY RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
EASY LAMB CURRY | FOOD TO LOVE
INDIAN LAMB CURRY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST LAMB CURRY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB CURRY
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPE BY FOODEVA MARSAY (MARRIAM S)
EASY LAMB CURRY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREAMY LAMB CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LAMB CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LEFTOVER LAMB CURRY RECIPE
HOW DO YOU MAKE LAMB CURRY TENDER? - SELECTED RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#curries #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #lamb-sheep #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love