TAMAGO YAKI (SUSHI OMELETTE)
Tamago is Japanese for "egg". Tamago yaki is sushi using an egg, like a sushi omelette. I really love it for it's sweet taste and light texture. You need a tamago pan to make this recipe. Any type of stock can be used in place of the dashi for a less fishy taste. Sounds complicated, but after a bit of practice, it gets much easier.
Provided by BirdyBaker
Yield 1 roll
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat the eggs VERY well, being sure to get them as smooth as possible.
- Pour about 1/4 of the mixture into a well-oiled tamago pan and spread as if you are making a crepe.
- As the mixture cooks, bubbles and sets, roll it and move it to the back of the pan.
- Add more oil to the pan and some more of the mixture, making sure to get some under the roll.
- As it cooks, roll the old roll back to the front of the pan, then again to the back.
- Repeat until you are out of mixture.
- Remove roll from the pan and roll as you would a sushi roll, squeezinng out excess liquid.
- You can roll it into either a round or rectangular shape and slice it when it has cooled.
- Can be served as is, or as nigiri, atop a mound of rice wrapped in a thin sheet of nori.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 744, Sodium 482.4, Carbohydrate 14.5, Sugar 13.4, Protein 25.5
JAPANESE TAMAGO EGG
Tamago egg is classic Japanese folded omelet sometimes called tamagoyaki. The omelet is sweet, has a light texture, and works well when served over sushi rice and with soy and wasabi sauce for dipping. Tamago is the Japanese word for egg. Mirin is sweet rice wine and dashi is traditional Japanese soup stock (make from kelp or shiitake). These ingredients are now carried in most larger grocery stores or at Asian markets.
Provided by Pokerman11
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat eggs thoroughly in a bowl; whisk in dashi stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce until sugar has dissolved.
- Place a nonstick skillet or omelet pan over medium heat. Oil the pan with vegetable oil. Pour a thin layer of egg mixture into the hot pan and swirl to coat pan.
- When egg layer is firm on the bottom but still slightly liquid on top, lift up about 1 inch of the edge of the omelet with a spatula and fold end over remaining egg layer; continue rolling the omelet to the end and push the roll to the edge of the skillet. Oil the skillet again if it looks dry; pour another thin layer of egg into the skillet and lift the roll to let the egg flow underneath the omelet roll. Fold the omelet roll over the new layer of egg, continuing to roll to the end as before. Push omelet to edge of skillet.
- Pour a new egg layer into the skillet, oiling the pan if needed. Roll the omelet over to incorporate the next egg layer into the roll. Pour new layers and roll into the omelet until all egg mixture has been used. Remove omelet to a serving platter and cut into 6 equal pieces to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62.8 calories, Carbohydrate 2.6 g, Cholesterol 124.1 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 86.7 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
VEGGIE SUSHI 4 WAYS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: rice vinegar, sugar, salt, sushi rice, black rice, roasted nori, sesame oil, shiitake mushroom, soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper, fresh spinach, cucumber, carrot, vegetable oil, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, ice water, medium sweet potato, avocado, avocado, cucumber, mango, teriyaki tofu, red bell pepper, carrot, wasabi, pickled ginger, soy sauce
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 31
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue whisking until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the cooked sushi rice to a large bowl and the cooked black rice to a separate medium bowl. Add ¾ of the rice vinegar mixture to the sushi rice and the remaining ¼ to the forbidden rice. Mix until the vinegar mixture is well distributed.
- Make the shiitake veggie roll: Heat the sesame oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Once the oil is simmering, add the shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their juices and begin to crisp up.
- Place 1 sheet of nori over a bamboo sushi mat. Scoop 1 cup (230 g) of sushi rice on top of the nori. Fill a small bowl with water to dip your fingers into--this will prevent them from getting sticky when handling the rice. Using your fingers, spread the rice in an even layer over the nori, leaving a 1-inch (2-cm) border at the top to seal the roll.
- Over the bottom quarter of the nori, layer the spinach, cucumber, carrot, and shiitake mushrooms. Use your fingers to hold the vegetables in place while you begin to roll the nori. Squeeze the bamboo mat around the roll as you go to ensure a tight sushi roll. Transfer the sushi roll to a cutting board and cut it in half, then cut each half into quarters for a total of 8 sushi pieces.
- Make the sweet potato tempura roll: Heat the vegetable oil in a medium pot until it reaches 375ºF (190ºC).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper and mix well with a fork. Pour in the ice water and mix until incorporated--some lumps are okay. Drop the sweet potato sticks into the batter and toss with your fingers to ensure they are thoroughly coated.
- Transfer a few of the sweet potato sticks at a time to a spider and carefully drop them into the hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until crispy, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place 1 sheet of nori over a bamboo sushi mat. Scoop 1 cup (230 g) of sushi rice on top of the nori. Using your fingers, spread the rice in an even layer over the nori, leaving a 1-inch (2-cm) border at the top to seal the roll.
- Over the bottom quarter of the nori, layer the sweet potato tempura and avocado. Use your fingers to hold the vegetables in place while you begin to roll the nori. Squeeze the bamboo mat around the roll as you go to ensure a tight sushi roll. Transfer the sushi roll to a cutting board and cut it in half, then cut each half into quarters for a total of 8 sushi pieces.
- Make the avocado cucumber mango roll: Place 1 sheet of nori over a bamboo sushi mat. Scoop the forbidden rice on top of the nori. Using your fingers, spread the rice in an even layer over the nori, leaving a 1-inch (2-cm) border at the top to seal the roll.
- Over the bottom quarter of the nori, layer the avocado, cucumber, and mango. Use your fingers to hold the filling in place while you begin to roll the nori. Squeeze the bamboo mat around the roll as you go to ensure a tight sushi roll. Transfer the sushi roll to a cutting board and cut it in half, then cut each half into quarters for a total of 8 sushi pieces.
- Make the teriyaki tofu roll: Place 1 sheet of nori over a bamboo sushi mat. Scoop the remaining cup of sushi rice on top of the nori. Using your fingers, spread the rice in an even layer over the nori, leaving a 1-inch (2-cm) border at the top to seal the roll.
- Over the bottom quarter of the roll, layer the teriyaki tofu, red bell pepper, and carrot. Use your fingers to hold the filling in place while you begin to roll the nori. Squeeze the bamboo mat around the roll as you go to ensure a tight sushi roll. Transfer the sushi roll to a cutting board and cut it in half, then cut each half into quarters for a total of 8 sushi pieces.
- Serve the sushi with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI
This makes a thick omelette which works very well in sushi. I like to use it in my sushi along with spring onions and mayo
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a bowl beat all ingredients together.
- Heat a non stick or lightly oiled pan on a medium heat. I normally use a small frying pan to give me a 1/4 inch thick omelette.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Allow to cool and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.4, Fat 10.1, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 423, Sodium 2465.8, Carbohydrate 37.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 26, Protein 14.2
More about "egg filling for sushi recipes"
EGG SUSHI ROLL - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
Author Honest CookingEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST VEGETARIAN SUSHI ROLLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK INARI SUSHI (INARIZUSHI) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
HOW TO MAKE SUSHI ROLLS (MAKI ROLLS) | GIMME SOME …
20 EASY VEGETARIAN SUSHI RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
JAPANESE TAMAGOYAKI (ROLLED OMELET) RECIPE - THE …
33 CREATIVE SUSHI FILLING IDEAS FOR SUSHI ROLL
EGG ROLL SUSHI | VANS KITCHEN RECIPES | FAMILY FRIENDLY …
30 GOOD IDEAS FOR SUSHI ROLL FILLINGS - EASY HOMEMADE …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Japanese Cucumbers. Cucumbers are perhaps the most common filling used in sushi that lends a crunchy feel to it. I prefer Japanese cucumbers because they have fewer seeds.
- Ripe Avocado. Avocados are an excellent filling that gives an amazing flavor to sushi rolls ranging from the California rolls to the shrimp tempura rolls.
- Cucumbers and Avocado. Another fun and easy vegan filling for your sushi is a mix of cucumbers and avocado. You can make thin or thick strips of both based on your preference (following the cutting technique mentioned above).
- Carrots and Cucumbers. Carrots add beautiful color and texture to your sushi roll fillings. They are one of the easily available vegetables so just go for it.
- Sushi-grade raw Tuna or Salmon. Always make sure you buy sushi-grade raw fish from a trusted fishmonger or you can get frozen fish from my favorite website.
- Mango and Cucumber. Pick ripe but firm mango to make slices. The fruit not only adds an excellent flavor to the sushi but also makes it look colorful.
- Shrimp, Sriracha hot sauce, Mayonnaise, Masago. To try this filling, take 1lb of cooked or frozen deveined shrimp. You may use salad-sized shrimps, raw shrimps, full-size shrimps, or cooked shrimps.
- Spicy Crab and Masago. You will need imitation crab sticks, Sriracha hot sauce, Mayonnaise and Masago(optional). To prepare the filling, cut the crab sticks into half and peel out thin strips.
- Smoked Tofu. For this filling, use 1/4 lb. tofu drained and pressed for 15 minutes. Make thin slices of tofu and marinade with 1 tsp. canola oil, 1/2 tsp.
- Salmon, Avocado, Cheese. Get sushi-grade raw salmon from a trusted fish seller. Make slices of the raw fish and then cut out thin strips to use as fillings.
EASY TAMAGOYAKI (EGG SUSHI) : 8 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
23 POPULAR COOKED SUSHI (EASY SUSHI ROLLS TO ORDER AT
GREEN EGGS & HAM SUSHI RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
30 GOOD IDEAS FOR SUSHI ROLL FILLINGS - VYNNLIFE.COM
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | VEGGIE SUSHI ROLLS ...
EASY SUSHI FILLINGS IDEAS: TRADITIONAL, HOMEMADE, AND VEGAN
SUSHI EGGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPICY SALMON EGG ROLLS - EASY SUSHI SWAP - FED BY SAB
SUSHI FILLINGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SUSHI RECIPES EGG FILLING - RESTO COOKING IDEAS
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI (KITCHENPC)
THE 10 BEST ONIGIRI FILLINGS YOU NEED TO TRY IN JAPANESE KONBINI
EGG SUSHI ROLL | EGGLAND'S BEST
JAPANESE EGGS – TAMAGOYAKI RECIPE (ROLLED OMELETTES) - EYES AND …
9 POPULAR FILLING AND TOPPING FOR SUSHI - MR T'S BAKERY
SUSHI EGG ROLL RECIPE - AUSTRALIAN EGGS
SUSHI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
KIMBAP (KOREAN SUSHI ROLLS) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY SUSHI VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS UP | LOWCARBINGASIAN
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI (KITCHENPC) 8B2 - MUNGFALI
RECIPE | SUSHI FILLINGS, SUSHI, FILLING RECIPES - PINTEREST
INARI SUSHI いなり寿司 • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | VEGGIE SUSHI ROLLS, SUSHI ...
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: NORI EGG SUSHI ROLLS MOVE NOURISH BELIEVE
EGG SUSHI - THE KOREAN VEGAN
CALIFORNIA ROLL CRAB FILLING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EGG FILLING FOR SUSHI JAPANESE COOKING RECIPE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #eggs-dairy #asian #japanese #easy #vegetarian #eggs #dietary #number-of-servings
You'll also love