ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SPRITZER
- Pour 1/2 ounce cordial into each of 6 Champagne flutes or tall narrow glasses, and top with 5 ounces wine. Serve immediately.
An old-fashioned recipe from the Wisconsin Dutch section of the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947.
Provided by Molly53
Yield 6 quarts, 96 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stem and wash berries.
- cover with water and cook until very soft; strain.
- Measure juice; for each quart, add 2 cups of sugar.
- Return to saucepan.
- Tie spices in bag and add to sugar/juice mixture.
- Cook until thick.
- Cool, remove spices and measure again.
- Add 1 pint liquor for each quart of syrup.
- Bottle and cork tightly.
- Let sit in cool dark place for at least three weeks.
- Improves with age.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.8, Fat 0.3, Sodium 3.9, Carbohydrate 27.9, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 18.9, Protein 0.3
ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL CONCENTRATE
This is a terrific drink for hot summer days, and a fantastic rival to lemonade. You'll find food grade citric acid at a health food store or Asian market. Since this recipe makes a concentrate, dilute with water to taste or pour over ice to serve.
Provided by Ollie Martin
Categories Drinks Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine the elderflower heads, sugar, lemon juice, and citric acid in a large acid-proof container. Pour the boiling water over the ingredients and let steep for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the liquid by pouring it through muslin into a large bowl. Ladle into bottles and refrigerate, or pour into freezer containers and freeze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585.6 calories, Carbohydrate 151.7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 7.3 mg, Sugar 150.4 g
Make a batch of Vitamin C-rich elderberry syrup to use as a cordial or dessert syrup. You could also try it as a wild cassis in cocktails
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Yield Makes about 1 litre
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pick the heads of plump elderberries on a sunny day and use a fork to strip the berries from their stalks. Wash the berries if you like, but this isn't necessary as they are going to be strained.
- Tip the berries into a saucepan and cover with about 1cm water. Add any extras like ginger or cloves, if you like. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 mins until the berries have softened into a liquid. Leave to cool slightly.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and measure how much liquid you have. For every 500ml of liquid, you'll need 400g of sugar. Tip the sugar and liquid back into the cleaned saucepan with the lemon juice. Bring up to a simmer and gently bubble for about 10 mins until all the sugar has dissolved. Leave the syrup to cool completely and bottle or freeze. Will keep for three months in the fridge or frozen for up to a year. It can be diluted with hot or cold water to drink, used in desserts or drizzled over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "elderberry cordial spritzer recipes"
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 20Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Drink
20 DELIGHTFUL ST. GERMAIN ELDERFLOWER COCKTAIL RECIPES
BEST RECIPES USING ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL - THE SPRUCE EATS
RACHAEL'S ELDERFLOWER SPRITZER | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
ELDERBERRY SPRITZ COCKTAIL RECIPE | EDIBLE INDY
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL | EDIBLE MARIN & WINE COUNTRY
CLASSIC HOMEMADE ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL RECIPE - BACON …
TWO RECIPES FOR ELDERBERRY CORDIAL - CAMBRIDGE CARBON FOOTPRINT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ELDERFLOWER, GIN AND PROSECCO COCKTAIL - GARNISH WITH LEMON
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SPRITZER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL RECIPE VODKA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
DIY ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SPRITZER RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ANTI-VIRAL ELDERBERRY SPRITZER – ANDREA BEAMAN
BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WITH HOMEMADE ELDERBERRY CORDIAL
PREVENT COLDS AND FLU WITH THIS HERBAL ELDERBERRY CORDIAL …
SPICED ELDERBERRY CORDIAL | EDIBLE EAST BAY
BEST ELDERBERRY RECIPES FROM THE FARM
MARTHA STEWART ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SPRITZER RECIPE
ELDERBERRY SPRITZER – NORM'S FARMS
HOW TO MAKE ELDERBERRY CORDIAL - SCOTTISH WILDLIFE TRUST
SPRING DRINK: BLACKBERRY ELDERFLOWER SPRITZER WITH MINT - KITCHN
HOMEMADE ELDERBERRY SYRUP (ELDERBERRY CORDIAL) - JO'S KITCHEN …
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SYRUP AND TONIC - SALLY WISE
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL RECIPE — GATHERING THYME
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL RECIPES - ELDERBERRY FAMILY FARMS
TOP 10 ELDERFLOWER DRINKS IDEAS | BBC GOOD FOOD
ELDERFLOWER SPRITZ RECIPE BY DIAMOND BRIDGES
19 OF THE BEST HOMEMADE ELDERBERRY SYRUP RECIPES
ELDERFLOWER PROSECCO COCKTAIL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL - ELDERBERRY FAMILY FARMS
APEROL SPRITZ COCKTAIL – ELDERFLOWER APEROL SPRITZ RECIPE
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL SPRITZER RECIPE
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL RECIPE BRANDY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
HOW TO MAKE ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
EASY ELDERFLOWER MOCKTAIL RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
ELDERFLOWER SPRITZ COCKTAIL RECIPE - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
ELDERBERRY CORDIAL - MILK & HONEY HERBS
25 ELDERFLOWER RECIPES THAT GO WAY BEYOND ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL
SELF CARE SPRITZERS TO NOURISH BODY AND SOUL - PLUM DELUXE
PROSECCO AND ELDERFLOWER SPRITZER - LETTY'S KITCHEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love