EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN
This recipe was created and named by Keo Sananikone, for his Thai restaurant, Mekong, located in Hawaii. Keo's recipes are some of my favorite ones in Thai cuisine. This dish has graced the pages of Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Bazaar, and both the Los Angeles and New York Times. I can't wait to give it a whirl!
Provided by pearliegirlie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut chicken in to thin strips (approximately 2 inches long).
- Grind together peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in a mortar or food processor.
- Heat oil to medium-high in a medium saucepan and add peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves mixture, sautéing for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to the pan and stir well, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in fish sauce, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar, and basil and simmer for 1 last minute. (thanks to VintageChrome for the tip on 2 secret ingredients!).
- Serve atop the bed of cabbage and enjoy.
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS THAI RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by lululem83
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine first 11 ingredients into small pot and simmer to keep warm. Add as much or as little of the curry to desired taste. I typically measure nothing. Just add until I get my desired taste. Prepare rice noodles according to directions on package. Sauté onions and and sliced chicken in pan with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and lime juice to taste. Slice and prepare all vegetables. Sauté mushrooms until desired tenderness in a little oil, add all the rest of the vegetables. Sauté. Keep them crunchy. Do not over cook them. 2 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the chicken or beef to the veggies. Stir to warm. Place desired noodle in bowl. Add veggies and chicken. Pour sauce over top. Note: I had to double the sauce ingredients in order to make enough sauce for my liking, this fed a family of 4 with plenty leftovers. Note: Skip the hassle of all fresh vegetable prep and save time with two bags of frozen stir fry or thai veggies of your liking.
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH TOFU
Evil Jungle Prince was the first Thai dish I ever made, and was so good that we went into the kitchen and made another batch to eat right then and there! These days I make it with tofu, but chicken tastes better.
Provided by fluffernutter
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pound the peppers, lemongrass and lime leaves to a paste. (Or slice them with a knife, then salt them lightly, then keep chopping the pile until they are paste-like.).
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the paste; fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken or tofu and cook until chicken is cooked through (or tofu is nice and hot). Add the basil and fish sauce to taste. Serve on thinly shredded cabbage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.3, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 22.5, Sodium 81.5, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 9.6, Protein 13.9
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH MIXED VEGETABLES
I hope I did everything right, this is my first recipe. I'm not sure were I found this, but I do make it often and we enjoy every mouthful.
Provided by PollyB
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut mixed vegetables into thin strips.
- Grind red chili peppers, and lemon grass in a blender or with mortar.
- Heat oil to medium high and sauté pepper mixture for 3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve on a bed rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510.8, Fat 13.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Sodium 383.2, Carbohydrate 86.2, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 2.6, Protein 9.9
More about "evil jungle princess thai recipe 425"
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE, PRINCESS, AND DUMPLINGS – FIVE SPICE CAFE
THERE'S A PARTY IN MY MOUTH: THAI CURRY (EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS)
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS THAI RECIPE 425
EXPERIENCE THE UNIQUE FLAVORFUL TASTE OF EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE THAI …
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS CHICKEN - RECIPE SOFTWARE
SHRIMP EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
KEO'S THAI RESTAURANT EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE RECIPE
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN (OR MIXED VEGETABLES) RECIPE
THAI CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES (EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS) - BIGOVEN
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE RECIPE » TEMPLE OF THAI
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN OR WITH MIXED VEGETABLES THAI …
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE THAI RECIPE LASAGNE
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN | RECIPELION.COM
SHRIMP EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE - VIKING RANGE, LLC
EVIL PRINCESS WITH CHICKEN – MAILE'S THAI BISTRO
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE WITH CHICKEN (OR WITH MIXED VEGETABLES)
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCE - THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
EVIL JUNGLE PRINCESS THAI RECIPE 425- RECIPERT
You'll also love