FAB SANDWICH FILLERS
These sandwich ideas are great for a school packed lunch and they're so tasty, you'll be taking them to work for your lunch, too
Provided by Lesley Waters
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Cheesy apple slaw Mix their favourite grated hard cheese with grated apple, chopped spring onions, a squeeze of lemon and a little mayonnaise. Delicious with wholemeal bread or rolls.
- Salmon smash Mash up a drained and boned can of red salmon with a little tomato ketchup. Spread onto wholemeal or granary bread and sprinkle with lots of mustard and cress.
- Tandoori chicken wraps Roll chapattis or flour tortillas around a filling of ready-cooked tandoori chicken pieces, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato. Serve with dollops of bought chunky cucumber raita.
- Scout's MCC Try Marmite, grated cheddar and sliced cucumber in a crusty baguette or ciabatta roll - they'll either love it or hate it!
- Cream cheese & roasted red pepper bagels Fill onion or regulars bagels with soft cheese and roasted peppers from a jar.
- Creamy smoked mackerel Skin and flake smoked mackerel fillets,then mix with a little mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Spread onto thick wholemeal bread and top with crisp lettuce leaves.
This is a delicious filling that is put onto hamburger (or hot dog) rolls and baked in the oven. Fantastic for a cold weekend day when the kids need a good lunch. This recipe came from my mother. It has been one of my favorite recipes for over 30 years.
Provided by Jim Cyberwolf Gaylord
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet until well browned, about 10 minutes; drain fat. Place cooked beef in a large bowl. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, black olives, pimentos, mushrooms, Cheddar cheese, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon sandwich filling on hamburger bun bottoms, spreading to the edges. Filling should be approximately 1/2" thick in the center of the sandwich.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges start to bubble, 5-10 minutes. Turn oven to Broil and continue to cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Cholesterol 49.5 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 663.4 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
More about "fab sandwich fillers recipes"
40 TASTY SANDWICH FILLINGS AND RECIPES | GOODTO
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
SANDWICH FILLINGS FOR EPIC LUNCHES | LAURA FUENTES
5/5 (4)Total Time 5 minsCategory LunchesCalories 553 per serving
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE SANDWICH FILLINGS RECIPES
10+ EASY FINGER SANDWICH RECIPES | MYRECIPES
22 HEALTHY SANDWICH AND WRAP FILLING IDEAS
15 SCRUMPTIOUS SANDWICH SPREAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Classic Shrimp Salad. Nostalgic, easy, and delicious, there's nothing quite like classic shrimp salad. This must-know recipe is creamy, crunchy, citrusy, and slightly sweet, with a satisfying texture from secret breadcrumbs.
- Basil Walnut Spread. Aromatic fresh basil leaves, Parmesan, and cream cheese give this walnut spread a pesto-like flavor and great texture. Make it in minutes with a food processor and keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Quick Onion Confit. Onion confit sounds fancy, but this quick version is so easy to prepare. Just cook down yellow onions with butter, sugar, and balsamic vinegar on the stovetop until jammy and tender.
- Tuna Salad With Chopped Eggs and Dill. Look no further for the ultimate tuna and egg salad recipe. With the perfect proportions of chopped boiled eggs, canned tuna, dill pickle relish, zippy red onion, and chopped fresh dill, it packs up beautifully for potlucks and picnics and is a popular choice for salads.
- Sesame Tahini Honey Spread. Ready to change up your usual PB&J? Try adding this Middle Eastern-style sesame tahini honey spread to jelly on your usual sandwich bread for a sweet and delicious lunchtime treat.
- Southern Comeback Sauce. Your lunch guests will want to come back again for this classic Southern sauce that really boosts sandwiches. Tangy, tomatoey, and addictive, it is the Southern equivalent of rémoulade.
- Olive Paste Spread (Tapenade) Whether you spread it on baguette slices for an appetizer, add it to cheese boards, or layer it in sandwiches with tomatoes, cheeses, and salami, there's no denying the uniquely flavorful appeal of tapenade.
- Southern Pimento Cheese Spread. Pimento cheese spread is a much-loved sandwich filling in the southern United States. It is super easy to prepare and makes a fabulous appetizer on toast, a great addition to turkey sandwiches, and a tasty burger topping, too.
- Spicy Chile Mayonnaise. Creamy, sweet, and packing just the right amount of heat, this flavorful chile aioli is a fabulous spread for burgers and other meat sandwiches.
- Indian Tomato Chutney (Kasundi) Bring spice and flavor to hot or cold meat sandwiches with kasundi, an Indian-style tomato chutney that's sweet, sour, and spicy all at once.
39 SANDWICH FILLER'S IDEAS | SANDWICH FILLERS, FOOD, RECIPES
POTTED BEEF SANDWICH FILLER - THE EFFORTLESS KITCHEN
GOODBYE BLT, HELLO FAB: GET THE NEW SANDWICH RECIPE FOR FALL
RECIPES: FAB SANDWICH FILLERS | 5 STAR RECIPES
FABULOUS ZUCCHINI GRINDERS - AVIZE.AUSSIEVITAMIN.COM
THE BEST SANDWICH FILLER - BETTINA'S KITCHEN | VEGAN RECIPES
FAB SANDWICH FILLERS | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES
SIDE DISHES | ALLRECIPES
FAB SANDWICH FILLERS - RETUSDIGITAL
CREAM CHEESE SANDWICH FILLING IDEAS RECIPES
FAB SANDWICH FILLERS | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, …
QUICK AND HEALTHY SANDWICH FILLINGS - SIMPLE LIVING. CREATIVE …
CLASSIC SANDWICHES- AFTERNOON TEA SANDWICHES IDEAS FOR VINTAGE …
SANDWICH FILLER RECIPE
50 SANDWICH FILLERS TO TRY BEFORE YOU'RE 10 - ANNABEL KARMEL
FAB SANDWICH FILLERS | RECIPE | VEGAN LEMON CAKE, LEMON CAKE, BBC …
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF SANDWICH FILLINGS - EATS AMAZING.
THE 10 BEST LUNCHBOX FILLERS | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
SANDWICH FILLER ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
FABULOUS ZUCCHINI GRINDERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST SANDWICH FILLING IDEAS - CREATE BAKE MAKE
TUNA TAKIKOMI RICE - CONTEMPLATINGSWEETS.COM
100+ SANDWICH FILLINGS FOR KIDS - BAKE PLAY SMILE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are some tasty sandwich fillings and recipes?40 tasty sandwich fillings and recipes Smoked Salmon Avocado and Brie on Rye sandwich. If you need lunchtime inspiration, this salmon, avocado and brie combo... Coronation chicken and fresh coriander salad sandwich. Make these creamy coronation chicken and fresh coriander salad... Butternut squash ...
What makes a good finger sandwich?This savory recipe combines the tanginess of goat cheese and the mildness of cream cheese to create the perfect 5-star finger sandwich. Add the crunch of toasted pecans and the sweet heat from red pepper jelly and you have a sandwich worth sharing. RECIPES FOR HOT SANDWICH FILLINGS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
Is it healthier to make your own sandwich fillings?Making sandwich fillings from scratch is not only a healthier option than shop-bought sandwiches but can often save you money too. This video cannot be played because of a technical error. (Error Code: 102006)
What are some good recipes for a syn free sandwich?(Or perfect on top of a syn free baked potato) Mix together Curry powder, Mayonnaise, Yogurt, Lemon juice, Salt and Pepper into a bowl. Add the chicken and stir thoroughly before serving In a sandwich. Drain the tuna and place into a bowl. Add Mayonnaise, Sweetcorn, Salt & Pepper and mix/mash together thoroughly before serving into your sandwich.