Dirt Cake is fun to serve at family gatherings, or to give as a gift. I've also taken it to church dinners. It not only tastes good but is unique.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil. Divide half of the crumbs between the flower pots. Set pots and remaining crumbs aside., In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture until blended., Add filling to pots; top with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. If desired, wrap silk flower stems in foil; add to flower pots. Decorate with gummy worms and display with gardening tools if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 575mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
FANCY DIRT CAKE
Recipes for this childhood favorite typically call for purchased cookies, boxed pudding, and imitation whipped cream; in this updated version, everything is made from scratch. (Well-not the gummy worms. But everything else.) The classic presentation is in a flower pot, but a trifle bowl would look nice too.
Provided by Sam Worley
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until coarse crumbs form (or place in a plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin); set aside.
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan; scrape in vanilla seeds and add pod. Heat over medium until just before boiling.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, pour half of milk mixture into egg mixture. (Putting a wet towel underneath bowl will help stabilize it.) Add egg and milk mixture to remaining milk mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until custard is thick and bubbles just a bit, about 7 minutes, then continue to cook 1 minute more.
- Strain custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl; discard vanilla pod. Add 1/4 cup butter and whisk to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly on surface of custard, and chill until cold, about 3 hours.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add chilled custard and beat until combined.
- Using electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream in a medium bowl until medium peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into custard to combine.
- Layer custard and cookie crumbs alternately in flower pot, inserting gummy worms at random, ending with crumbs. Stick a flower or two into cake to decorate, adding more worms on top of "soil" if desired.
- Do Ahead
- Custard can be made 1 day ahead; keep chilled.
DIRT CAKE I
This is a great conversation piece at parties. Adults love it as much as the children do. Get a new garden trowel, medium sized flower pot and artificial flower at a craft store for full effect.
Provided by Tammy Hooper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 827.3 calories, Carbohydrate 101.5 g, Cholesterol 55.9 mg, Fat 44.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 22.5 g, Sodium 895.8 mg, Sugar 69.2 g
DECADENT DIRT CAKE: SIGNATURE GROOM'S CAKE OR SPECIAL OCCASION CAKE
- Grease and lightly flour a large Bundt pan or alternatively use a vegetable release spray.
- Place the rack at the center of the oven and preheat to 300 degrees F.
- Melt, do not boil, butter, sugar, chocolate, and coffee in a medium-sized saucepan with the hot water, until the sugar is dissolved. Cool completely and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Set the mixer on slow to medium speed.
- Sift together the combined flours and cocoa. In a separate bowl, combine the beaten eggs, vanilla, and coffee-flavored liqueur.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with egg mixture to the basic chocolate mixture. This is a thin mixture do not over beat. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place into the preset oven.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Check with a skewer to be sure the cake is cooked through.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Barely melt the chocolate in a double boiler over gentle heat. Remove from the heat source and pour into a large mixing bowl then cool for five minutes. Add the butter, cream, vanilla, coffee-flavored liqueur, and mix on medium speed until the mixture thickens. Finally add the confectioners' sugar in small batches until the mixture holds a medium peak. If the kitchen temperature is warm, and the icing is not of spreading consistency place the bowl in the refrigerator for a few minutes, then recommence mixing. Slather the icing over the cake with an offset palette knife.
Crushed chocolate cookies are the "dirt" in this no-bake dessert, while gummy worms on top add even more squeal-appeal. For the pudding layers, we folded in whipped sweetened cream cheese for flavor and loft. Be sure to assemble it in a glass dish so you can see the layers. The make-ahead cake is perfect for any potluck or BBQ-or a birthday bash.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the pudding mix and milk in a large bowl and whisk constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the cookies to a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Remove 4 cups and set aside. Drizzle the butter into the remaining crumbs and pulse until mixture starts to hold together when pinched between your fingers. Pour into a 2 1/2-quart glass bowl and pack with the bottom of a measuring cup to form an even layer. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until no lumps remain, about 2 minutes. Beat the cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the cream-cheese mixture until well combined, then fold this mixture into the pudding until well combined.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture over the cookie crust and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with half of the reserved cookie crumbs, then top with the remaining pudding mixture and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with the remaining cookie crumbs, decorate with the gummy worms and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Serve cold.
QUICK DIRT CAKE
I served Dirt Cake to my grandpa and he almost wouldn't eat it! It is difficult to tell if it's something to eat or look at. That's not the case with my daughters-they always request it for their birthday cake.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16-20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pudding, milk and whipped topping until smooth. Add creamed mixture. Line inside of flowerpot with plastic wrap, making sure hole in bottom of pot is covered. Place one-third of crushed cookies in pot and top with half of cream cheese/pudding mixture. Repeat layers, ending with cookies. Refrigerate overnight. If desired, decorate cake with flowers, gummy worms and a plastic shovel.
Nutrition Facts :
DIRT 'CAKE' RECIPE
Try something different with our Dirt 'Cake' Recipe. This Dirt 'Cake' Recipe layers diced cake pieces and an easy-to-make filling for a tasty good time.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package. Cool completely.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in COOL WHIP.
- Cut 3/4 of the cake into 1/2-inch cubes. Layer half each of the cake cubes and pudding mixture in large glass bowl; repeat layers.
- Crumble remaining cake into crumbs; sprinkle over dessert. Top with fruit snacks. Refrigerate 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 24 g, Protein 5 g
More about "fancy dirt cake recipes"
DIRT CAKE RECIPE AND TIPS | EPICURIOUS
Author Sam WorleyEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
DIRT CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
'OLDER THAN DIRT' CAKE - INTENSIVE CAKE UNIT
DIRT CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE FOR DIRT CAKE - MY EASY RECIPES
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE DIRT CAKE | THE DOMESTIC REBEL
170 DIRT CAKE IDEAS | DIRT CAKE, CUPCAKE CAKES, CAKE - PINTEREST
EASY AND DELICIOUS DIRT CAKE RECIPE - DESSERTS ON A DIME
BEST DIRT CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DIRT CAKE FOR HALLOWEEN
BEST DIRT CAKE RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
43 BEST DIRT CAKE RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
10 EASY DIRT CAKE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE OREO DIRT CAKE - COUNTRY …
THE BEST DIRT CAKE EVER - SWEET TOOTH SWEET LIFE
OREO DIRT CAKE RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
10 BEST DIRT CAKE WITHOUT COOL WHIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
DIRT CAKE. DIRT NEVER TASTED SO GOOD! - ALL CREATED
OUR MOST IMPRESSIVE CAKES | MYRECIPES
DIRT CAKE WITH FRUIT | THE SUGAR PIXIE
THE BEST OREO DIRT CAKE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
FANCY DIRT CAKE | JODYPAD | COPY ME THAT
FANCY DIRT CAKE
DIRT CAKE IS SO EASY, YOU CAN MAKE IT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE DIRT
10 MINUTE DIRT CAKE (NO CREAM CHEESE) - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE PERFECT FOR HALLOWEEN! - LIFE …
DIRT CAKE - HILAH COOKING
DIRT CAKE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
EASTER DIRT CAKE • THE FRESH COOKY
DIRT CAKE: A SUPER SIMPLE & SUPER FUN NO-BAKE RECIPE
DIRT CAKE - IOWA GIRL EATS
DIRT DESSERT RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
OREO DIRT CAKE DESSERT RECIPE - MOM ALWAYS FINDS OUT
DELICIOUS DIRT CAKE RECIPE - MODERN MOM LIFE
FANCY DIRT CAKE | DIRT CAKE, DELICIOUS DESSERTS, FOOD
EASY OREO DIRT CAKE DESSERT RECIPE - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
SPOOKIEST HALLOWEEN DIRT CAKE RECIPE - EAT DESSERT FIRST
FANCY DIRT CAKE - MASTERCOOK
BIRTHDAY DIRT CAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
BEST DIRT CAKE RECIPE EVER - THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
GLUTEN-FREE DAIRY-FREE DIRT CAKE – SALTED PLAINS
LOW FAT DIRT CAKE DESSERT RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's in a dirt cake?This fun dirt cake recipe is easy to make with these convenient ingredients: Oreos, cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, frozen whipped topping, and instant vanilla pudding mix. You'll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here's a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this kid-friendly dirt cake: 1.
Where can I find a recipe for the Kansas City dirt cake?If you're a fan of anything Oreo-flavored, you'll love this Kansas City Dirt Cake. Get the recipe at Lil' Luna . Kids and parents alike will love this gummy dirt dessert.
How to make Oreo dirt cake?Oreo Dirt Cake Recipe is one of the best no bake treats that takes minutes to prepare. Lots of yummy Oreo cookies combine with a decadent pudding mixture. Crush ⅔ package of Oreos and place in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Set aside. Mix cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth.
How do you serve dirt cake?You can serve dirt cake in so many fun ways! It's beautiful in a glass trifle bowl, but if you really want to play up the dirt theme, consider serving in a clean, enamel-coated flower pot—so fun! Or split this recipe between 10 mini flower pots for individual-size servings. What else can you add to dirt cake?