FISH FILLETS ITALIANO
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets in sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, or until fish turns white.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 21.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 458.7 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. , Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts :
- For the dressing:
- Pulse first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until frothy. While the blender is running, trickle in the oils until the mixture emulsifies. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- For the Bruschetta Topping:
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside. Allow to marinate for 1 to 12 hours. If not using after 2 hours, cover and refrigerate.
- For the Marinara:
- Add the oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in the onions, garlic, herbs and bay leaf. Saute until aromatic. Add the vinegar and wine and reduce by half. Stir in the diced tomatoes and water, bring to a simmer, and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Adjust acidity with sugar, if necessary.
- For the Fish:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the fillets out on a sheet pan, skin side down.
- In a small bowl combine 4 teaspoons of butter, the garlic, and parsley, and spread over each fillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup of wine over the fillets and squeeze out the juice from the lemon wedges, making sure to put the used lemon skins on top of the fillets, for more flavor!
- Put in the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the flesh is white and firm.
- While the fish is cooking, put a medium saute pan on high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the bruschetta mixture to the pan and saute until the juices are partially evaporated. Add the remaining 1/4 cup white wine and allow alcohol to burn off, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and set aside until ready to serve.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of warm marinara sauce on the bottom of each plate and top with a fish fillet. Drizzle with the pan drippings, then top with the bruschetta mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish each plate with a generous portion of Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
FISH FILLETS ITALIANO
My husband is an avid fisherman, so we enjoy a lot of fresh ocean fish. I found this recipe in a cookbook but adjusted it to serve two and changed the seasonings. Served with rice and a salad, it makes a delicious low-fat entree. -Margaret Risinger, Pacifica, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, oregano and basil. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. , Place fillets in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 707mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
FANCY FISH ITALIANO
I got this recipe from a friend and made a few changes to fit our taste. My husband is not a fish lover but he said, 'this is pretty darn good for fish'. From him that is a rave review!
Provided by Klantz
Categories Italian Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning to onion; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir zucchini, yellow squash, olives, and capers into onion mixture; top with cod fillets. Sprinkle tomatoes, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper onto cod fillets. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork and zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over fish; cover skillet until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 66.8 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 825.8 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
ROASTED FISH ITALIAN STYLE
- Preheat the oven to fan 180C/ conventional 200C/gas 6. Take the fish fillets with the skin on, and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the fillets skin side down for 2-3 minutes until just crisp. Transfer to a large roasting tin, skin side down.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and scatter around the fillets. Cut the olives in half and scatter over the tomatoes, followed by the pine nuts. Season.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish is tender. Remove from the oven and scatter the tomatoes with a the basil leaves. Spoon onto four warm plates and top each with fish. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
More about "fancy fish italiano recipes"
FISH RECIPES AND SEAFOOD RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
WORLD BEST FLAKES : FANCY FISH ITALIANO
FANCY FISH ITALIANO RECIPE
FABULOUS FISH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
50 SIMPLE FISH RECIPES FOR CRAZY-BUSY WEEKNIGHTS | BON APPéTIT
EASY ITALIAN BAKED FISH - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
ITALIAN FISH RECIPES - COOKING WITH NONNA
10 MOST POPULAR ITALIAN FISH DISHES - TASTEATLAS
TASTY RECIPES FANCY FISH ITALIANO
FANCY FISH ITALIANO | RECIPE | COOKING, COOKING RECIPES, FISH RECIPES
10 MOST POPULAR ITALIAN SEAFOOD DISHES - TASTEATLAS
BEST COOKING CHEESE RECIPES: FANCY FISH ITALIANO
GOURMET SEAFOOD MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FANCY FISH RECIPE
ITALIAN FISH RECIPES: 7 SEAFOOD RECIPES FROM ITALIAN CHEFS
ITALIAN SEAFOOD RECIPES : TRY OUR DELICIOUS ITALIAN FISH RECIPE
10 BEST ITALIAN MAIN COURSE FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
FANCY FISH PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
10 BEST BAKED ITALIAN STYLE FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
WORLD BEST FLAKES : FANCY FISH ITALIANO - BLOGGER
FANCY FISH RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FRINKFOOD - FANCY FISH ITALIANO
THE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN STYLE FISH FRY RECIPE - SANPELLEGRINO SPARKLING ...
FANCY FISH ITALIANO PHOTOS RECIPE
FANCY FISH DINNER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FANCY FISH ITALIANO
ITALIAN FISH FILLETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN FISH & SEAFOOD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
ITALIAN FISH RECIPES - GINO D'ACAMPO OFFICIAL WEBSITE
53 ITALIAN SEAFOOD RECIPES FOR THE FEAST OF THE SEVEN FISHES
ITALIAN-STYLE FISH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
FANCY FISH ITALIANO RECIPE | THE EXCHANGE BOOK
10 CLASSIC FRENCH FISH RECIPES TO CELEBRATE POISSON D'AVRIL
FANCY FISH ITALIANO RECIPE - BABYJOEY-APPLEALMOND
FISH ITALIANO - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SIMPLE ITALIAN PAN FRIED FISH RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
ITALIAN SEAFOOD MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MIXED FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD, SORRENTO STYLE - OUR EDIBLE ITALY
RECIPES: 10 DELICIOUS ITALIAN SEAFOOD DISHES - FINE DINING LOVERS
ITALIAN STARTER RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
FANCY FISH ITALIANO - ITALIAN
You'll also love