ORANGE FENNEL SALAD
- Cut the fronds from the fennel bulbs and reserve some of the feathery leaves for later. Cut each fennel bulb in half and remove the cores with a sharp knife.
- Fit a food processor with the thinnest slicing blade. Cut the fennel bulbs into wedges and place horizontally into the feed tube. Process in batches. Peel each orange, remove the pith with a knife, and slice. Set aside.
- For the dressing: Whisk together the oil, juice, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper in a small bowl. Place the fennel slices, oranges slices and arugula in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together. Sprinkle with salt and add some fennel fronds for decoration.
FENNEL, ORANGE AND WALNUT SALAD
Salad of fennel and oranges is typically Italian and dates back to the time of the Roman legionnaires. For my taste, the addition of the walnuts makes the dish, with their slightly bitter skins contrasting nicely with the sweetness of the orange and slightly licorice flavor of the fennel. I recommend the use of blood oranges if you can (adding to the attractiveness as well as the flavor), but regular oranges will work well, too. Cooking time is marination/cooling time in the refrigerator.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the fennel, cut off the tops and discard; cut each bulb in half and cut out the cores (and discard them too).
- Lay each fennel half in turn on cutting board (cut, flat side down) and slice as thinly as possible; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Slice one orange in half (horizontally) and juice one of the halves, setting juice aside.
- Slice the remaining 1 1/2 oranges horizontally; remove the peel from each slice, then separate the individual sections (you should end up with thin triangles) which then are added to the fennel slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, reserved orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the fennel and oranges and mix well; allow to marinate at least 30 minutes and preferably one hour in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the walnut pieces over the salad and mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.7, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 61.1, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 6.5, Protein 3.2
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off both ends of each orange. Following the curve of the fruit, cut away the peel and white pith. Halve orange from top to bottom; thinly slice crosswise. Transfer oranges, along with any juices that have accumulated on work surface, to bowl with dressing. Add fennel and, if desired, fronds. Toss to combine.
ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD
- Combine salad, oranges, fennel and olives in large bowl. Toss with Fresh Orange Dressing, to coat, as desired. Refrigerate any remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 51.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 190.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SPRING SALAD WITH FENNEL AND ORANGE
The gorgeous colors of green, bright orange, purple, white, and red make this delicious salad so enticing! The combination of the sweet citrus taste with the tangy salad dressing is always a big hit with all of my guests!
Provided by Chef4Six
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk together the sugar, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, basil, and olive oil in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves; set aside. Toss the salad greens, sliced fennel, orange, onion, almonds, and cranberries in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 18.9 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD
- Peel oranges, then cut into small dices, reserving the juice.
- Trim tops and bottom off fennel bulb and remove outer part if it is tough or bruised. Slice bulb thinly, then dice. Finely chop onion.
- Mix reserved juice with 2 tablespoons of additional juice and the olive oil. Then mix oranges, fennel and onion into dressing. Spoon onto salad plates.
- Rinse and dry capers and sprinkle over salads.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 164, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 102 milligrams, Sugar 18 grams
More about "fennel and orange salad with walnut pesto recipes"
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH WALNUT PESTO : RECIPES : …
Servings 4-6Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer
ORANGE FENNEL PECAN SALAD - HAVOC IN THE KITCHEN
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH PECAN NUTS - COOK VEGGIELICIOUS
HEALTHY FENNEL SALAD RECIPE - HANDS ON VEGGIES
4 INGREDIENT ITALIAN FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD - WANDERCOOKS
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH WALNUT PESTO – RECIPES NETWORK
ORANGE FENNEL SALAD RECIPE - DEBRA KLEIN | EASY PLANT BASED RECIPES
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH WALNUT PESTO - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SICILIAN FENNEL & ORANGE SALAD - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
FENNEL, ORANGE AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH WALNUTS RECIPE
APPLE FENNEL SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND ORANGE DRESSING
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD - CHRISTINA COOKS
ORANGE - FENNEL SALAD WITH WALNUT-DILL DRESSING - SNAP PEA SHEEP
FRESH FENNEL ORANGE SALAD RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD RECIPE
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ORANGE, WALNUT AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPE - CAULDRONS AND CUPCAKES
FENNEL, ORANGE AND ROCKET SALAD WITH HONEY WALNUTS - CARLY'S …
ITALIAN FENNEL, ORANGE AND WALNUT SALAD - MAD & DELICACY
ORANGE SALAD WITH CARROTS AND FENNEL - RICARDO
SHAVED FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
ORANGE FENNEL SALAD - THE PERFECT SUMMER DISH - SIP AND FEAST
FENNEL SALAD WITH ORANGE, POMEGRANATE AND WALNUTS
ORANGE, FENNEL, AND WALNUT SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
SARDINES ON FENNEL SALAD WITH WALNUT PESTO RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD - COOKING TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS
FENNEL SALAD WITH ORANGES AND WALNUTS - FOODTASTIC
INA GARTEN FENNEL ORANGE SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
FENNEL ORANGE SALAD WITH CARAMELIZED WALNUTS - ANNELINA WALLER
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD: A SPANISH FAVORITE-THE BOSSY KITCHEN
FENNEL, ORANGE, AND ROASTED CHICKPEA SALAD - GARDEIN
FENNEL, ORANGE AND CANDIED WALNUT SALAD - VEGAN RECIPE CLUB
FENNEL ORANGE SALAD RECIPE – DR. SINATRA’S VERVANA
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD - THE PLANT BASED SCHOOL
You'll also love