SLOW-COOKED FISHERMAN'S WHARF SEAFOOD STEW
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine oil, leek and garlic; mix well. Top with carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, fennel seed, bay leaf, wine and clam juice. Stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add cod, shrimp, sugar, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir gently to mix. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove bay leaf; stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 1/3 Cups, Sodium 430 mg, Sugar 5 g
A recipe this simple has many advantages. It's fast, easy, and doesn't require a ton of prep, but the downside is, there's nowhere to hide subpar ingredients. So, unless you're going to splurge on the freshest, sweetest, most pristine seafood you can find, you may want to look for another recipe. Serve with crusty bread on the side.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and water in a measuring cup or bowl. Puree using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cut sea bass into roughly 1 1/2-inch chunks to match the other seafood in size. Place fish, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and clams in individual dishes so they're ready to use.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced fennel, garlic, and salt; cook and stir until garlic takes on color, about 1 minute. Stir in white wine. Let simmer until reduced by about 1/2, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomato broth base; bring to a boil. Continue to boil until fennel is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir in parsley, bass, shrimp, and calamari. Add clams and mussels. Cover, increase heat to high, and cook until clam and mussel shells open and fish, shrimp, and calamari are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to warm serving bowls. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 217 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 37.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 550.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
FISHERMAN'S SEAFOOD STEW
Muir Glen™ diced tomatoes provide a simple addition to this stew made with fresh fish and mussels - perfect for dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook shallots and bell pepper in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, tomatoes and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Nestle fish pieces into tomato mixture; top with mussels. Cover; cook 8 minutes, gently shaking pan twice to stir mussels (do not lift lid), until mussel shells have opened. Discard any mussels that don't open. Remove bay leaf. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 860 mg
This hearty fish and shellfish stew is good for a chilly winter evening. It veers Mediterranean, with a base of leeks and onions, a bit of tomato, potatoes, saffron and garlic.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Soak the clams in cold water to remove grit and sand, then drain. Rinse and de-beard the mussels. Put the monkfish, scrod, squid and bay scallops (if using) in separate small bowls. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato, thyme, bay leaf, saffron, garlic, paprika and red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high, add the fish stock, chicken broth or water, and bring to a boil. Taste for salt and adjust to taste. Add the potatoes and reduce the heat so they simmer gently until firm-tender, about 10 minutes. (The stew may be prepared to this point up to 2 hours ahead.)
- To finish the stew, return the heat to a brisk simmer. Add the clams and cook till they open, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mussels, monkfish and scrod and simmer until the mussels open, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the squid and scallops, if using, and cook 1 minute more. Turn off the heat, stir in the garlic-saffron sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 588, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 58 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1756 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FISHERMAN'S WHARF STEW
This is a great chunky stew that is made in the crock-pot. Slightly adapted from a Pillsbury recipe.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a 4-quart crock pot, add the oil, onion, and garlic; stir to mix well.
- Add in the carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, fennel seed, bay leaf, wine, and clam juice; stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- 20 minutes before ready to serve, add the cod, shrimp, sugar, basil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; stir to mix.
- Cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Take out bay leaf and add parsley; stir and serve.
FISHERMAN'S SEAFOOD STEW
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic and cook until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, parsley, crushed red pepper, thyme, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cream.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a separate pot. Add the cod, mahi-mahi, shrimp and scallops and cook until cooked through and no longer translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and add to the stew.
This is my version of a Portuguese Caldeirada - sure to warm the heart and soul on a cold winter's night!
Provided by Christine Cushing
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy bottomed pot, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add fish and sauté gently for 2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer fish to a plate, reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil to the pot. Sauté onion until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, chorizo and celery. Sauté until garlic is soft and chorizo is golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add dry white wine to deglaze pan, let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, then add fish stock infused with saffron, lemon zest, juice of lemon and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until stew is reduced by about 1/3, about 20 minutes. Add the fish back to the pot, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels. Simmer covered until mussels open, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and adjust seasoning. Serve with crusty bread. Serves 4 to 6.
FISHERMAN'S WHARF CIOPPINO
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to saute until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large stockpot.
- Stir tomatoes, chicken broth, white wine, tomato paste, parsley, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper with the onion mixture in the stockpot; bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatoes are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir shrimp and cod chunks into the tomato mixture. Arrange clams and mussels in the liquid so they are partially submerged. Cover pot again and continue cooking until the clams and mussels open, 7 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 131.1 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 834.7 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
IRISH FISHERMAN'S STEW
In my hometown there is a tradition. the morning of a wedding the groom goes fishing with the brides father, and if the catch is good, then this stew is made for the wedding and it means the marriage will be blessed with bounty.
Provided by GingerlyJ
Yield 1 pot, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- sprinkle thyme over both sides of fish.
- in a large saucepan cook fish in 1 tablespoon of hot oil.
- heat remaining oil and add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- add chicken broth , stir in corn and potatoes.
- remove skin and bones from fish and add to pot.
- Simmer 35 minutes stirring often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.3, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 34, Sodium 111, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 5.3, Protein 20.2
More about "fishermans wharf stew recipes"
FISHERMAN'S-STYLE SEAFOOD STEW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HEARTY FISHERMAN'S STEW - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
SAN FRANCISCO SEAFOOD STEW RECIPE - BOBBY FLAY | FOOD
CIOPPINO (FISHERMAN'S STEW) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
FISHERMAN'S SEAFOOD STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FISHERMAN'S STEW | EASY, DELICIOUS RECIPES
FISHERMAN’S STEW RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
FISHERMAN’S STEW RECIPE - HOME CHEF
FISHERMAN'S WHARF CIOPPINO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
VIETNAMESE FISHERMAN'S STEW - CLOVER VALLEY FARMS
CIOPPINO (FISHERMAN'S STEW) - WHIP & WANDER
FISHERMAN’S STEW – VEGETA
FISHERMAN'S-STYLE SEAFOOD STEW | PUNCHFORK
FISHERMANS WHARF - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
FISHERMAN STEW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SEAFOOD AT FISHERMAN'S WHARF RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FISH STEW REIMAGINED: FISHERMAN'S STEW W/ WHITE WINE - STACY …
QUICK FISHERMAN'S STEW | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY FISHERMAN’S STEW | SEA SALT GALLEY KAT
AUTHENTIC IRISH FISHERMAN'S STEW RECIPE - EMMA'S ROADMAP
FISHERMAN S WHARF STEW RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FISHERMAN’S SEAFOOD STEW - SPICE TRIBE
FANCY FISHERMAN'S STEW RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | COOKING CHANNEL
SLOW-COOKED FISHERMAN'S WHARF SEAFOOD STEW | RECIPE | STEW …
FISHERMANS STEW RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
FISHERMAN'S STEW WITH ROASTED GARLIC CROSTINI RECIPE - EATINGWELL
5-MINUTE FISHERMAN'S STEW - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
FISHERMAN'S STEW RECIPE | EDDIE RUSSELL | COOKING CHANNEL
FISHERMAN'S STEW - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
RECIPE: FISHERMAN'S STEW - WESTERN ROCK LOBSTER COUNCIL
FISHERMAN'S STEW - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : FISHERMAN'S WHARF STEW
FISHERMANS WHARF CIOPPINO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | CIOPPINO, …
FISHERMAN'S STEW - THE CULINARY CHASE
You'll also love