FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK
I adore chocolate bark, especially when it has good dark chocolate! This recipe came from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa show. I have changed a few things around. Enjoy! :D
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 24 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt the 2 chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Or if you wish, microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave 30 more seconds. Stir till smooth.).
- Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 x 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Press down lightly to set them into the chocolate.Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 x 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 4.2, Sodium 39.8, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3.4, Protein 2.5
DARK CHOCOLATE BARK
- Melt the two chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9-by-10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper face-down on the baking sheet.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1-by-3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calorie, Fat 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Cholesterol 1 milligrams, Sodium 37 milligrams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 14 grams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 11x17-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread saltine crackers on baking sheet in a single layer, salted sides up.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan; melt together over medium heat, stirring well until mixture turns a caramel color, about 5 minutes. Pour caramel mixture over crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool briefly.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Pour chocolate over crackers and spread evenly.
- Transfer baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill until bark hardens, about 1 hour. Break bark up into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 80.6 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
More about "french chocolate bark recipes"
INA GARTEN'S FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - WHAT THE FORK
4.5/5 (24)Total Time 8 minsCategory DessertCalories 170 per serving
- Add the semisweet and dark chocolate to a microwave safe glass bowl. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well then heat on 50% power for an additional minute.
- Stir well then heat the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir well until the chocolate is melted. (Heat in the microwave at 50% power for an additional 15-20 seconds if necessary.)
- When the chocolate is melted, spread into a rectangle on the prepared parchment lined baking sheet, about 10x14 inches.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | RECIPES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a pencil, draw a 9 x 10-inch rectangle on a piece of parchment paper placed on a sheet pan, then turn the parchment paper over.
- Spread the cashews in one layer on another sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the semisweet chocolate and half the bittersweet chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high power for 20 to 30 seconds. (Don’t trust your microwave timer; time it with your watch.) Stir with a rubber spatula. Continue to heat and stir in 30-second increments until the chocolate is just melted. Immediately add the remaining bittersweet chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it’s completely smooth. Stir vigorously until the chocolate is smooth and slightly cooled; stirring makes it glossier.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread it lightly into the drawn rectangle. Sprinkle the top evenly in the following order: first the ginger, then the cooled whole cashews, the cherries, apricots, and raisins. Set aside for 1 to 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 18 to 20 pieces and serve at room temperature.
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine FrenchCategory SnacksServings 24
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | RECIPE | FRENCH CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE BARK, …
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BARK - EASY CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
25 CLASSIC FRENCH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
TERI'S FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - MARCEL'S CULINARY EXPERIENCE
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | CHOCOLATE BARK
9 BEST CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
RECIPE: FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - EAT BOUTIQUE - FOOD GIFT LOVE
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - ME, MYSELF, AND INA
CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
15 AMAZING CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES - THE RUSTY SPOON
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - PINTEREST.COM
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | BARK RECIPE, CHOCOLATE BARK, RECIPES
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
FRENCH CHOCOLATE RECIPES – GALAXY TRAINING
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - ERMHEARTS
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | RECIPES | HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE BARK, BARK …
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK RECIPE
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK – RECIPES NETWORK
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - ORGANIC EMILY
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE BARK éCLAIRS | TASTE OF FRANCE
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK VIDEOS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE BARK - FINECOOKING
FRENCH MENDIANT, THE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE BARK - BON APPéT'EAT
25 HOLIDAY CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - KATE BATTISTELLI
OLD BAY CHOCOLATE BARK - MCCORMICK
HOW TO MAKE INA'S FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | FOOD NETWORK
5 TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST-EVER CHOCOLATE BARK
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK - SAVVYMOM
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK | FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BARK RECIPE, RECIPES ...
FRENCH CHOCOLATE BARK – THE LITTLE GOURMET
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #french #easy #european #vegetarian #chocolate #nuts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Ina Garten's French chocolate bark?Ina Garten's French Chocolate Bark is a highly rated treat that makes an easy last-minute dessert or homemade holiday gift. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Add the semisweet and dark chocolate to a microwave safe glass bowl. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well then heat on 50% power for an additional minute.
How do you make a simple Christmas cake with chocolate bark?Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 by 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.
What kind of chocolate do you use to make chocolate bark?We use a blend of bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate for a swoon-worthy treat that's as beautiful to stare at as it is delicious to eat. Melt chocolate, spread it out, and add your favorite toppings--that's almost all there is to making bark. We added one important step, though: tempering the chocolate so the bark stays shiny and snappy.
How do you make paper mache bark for a Christmas cake?Directions. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet. Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 by 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.