FRENCH POTATO SALAD
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, shallot, parsley, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature. To store, refrigerate, up to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g
FRENCH POTATO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly. Peel and slice into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, consomme, green onion, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Gently toss warm potatoes with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.2 calories, Carbohydrate 68 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 1473.9 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
FRENCH POTATO SALAD
- Drop the white and red potatoes into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are just cooked through. Drain in a colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes. As soon as you can handle them, cut in 1/2 (quarters if the potatoes are larger) and place in a medium bowl. Toss gently with the wine and chicken stock. Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes. Add the scallions, dill, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
COUNTRY POTATO SALAD
I felt as though my usual potato salad recipe was missing something. So I experimented with some different ingredients, and the result was this tangy delight! -Ramona Hook Wysong, Barlow, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 210mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
POTATO SALAD WITH FRENCH DRESSING
This is my favorite potato salad now. This recipe came from Naomi Judd's cookbook. I don't use the hard boiled eggs because I don't care for them in my potato salad and I cut back on the mayonnaise,onion, pickle relish and leave out the mustard....you can adjust things to your own taste because what really makes this potato salad is the French dressing. Here is the recipe as it appears in Naomi Judd's cookbook
Provided by shells75
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cover potatoes in large saucepan with water. Bring to boiling and cook until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle but still very warm, peel the potatoes and then cube. Place the warm potatoes in large bowl. Add the salt and French dressing, tossing to coat (You can even let the potatoes sit in the refrigerator overnight at this point.).
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to just under a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and return the eggs to the pot, covering with ice water. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel the eggs under cold running water, beginning with the large end. Cut into small cubes and reserve.
- To the potatoes, add the celery, onion, and pickle relish.
- In small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard. With a spatula, fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture until thoroughly blended. Add the egg and gently stir just to evenly distribute. This is one of those dishes that is even bettr the next day. (If you can wait that long).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527.1, Fat 31.9, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 121, Sodium 1341.6, Carbohydrate 56.6, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 14.9, Protein 7.4
FRENCH POTATO SALAD WITH SHALLOTS
- Put the potatoes with water to cover and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Do not overcook. Drain and let stand until ready to prepare. The salad should be made while the potatoes are still hot or warm.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch thick slices. There should be about 6 cups. Put the slices in a bowl and sprinkle them with the wine.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and blend. Add the potatoes and parsley. Blend well. If the salad is left to stand, stir from the bottom before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 330, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 521 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
CLASSIC FRENCH POTATO SALAD
Nice and pretty for any summer buffet. From the Canadian Food Network. The dressing can be cut back so the potato salad is less oily, if this is your preference.
Provided by Deantini
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Drop your potatoes into a large pan of salted boiling water. Cook until tender but not soft. These potatoes want to remain on the firm side of tender rather than being over cooked and falling apart.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the vinegar and mustard together, then drizzle in the olive oil and beat to emulsify. Using a pair of scissors cut in the chives and stir well. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss them in the dressing while still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.6, Fat 40.7, SaturatedFat 5.6, Sodium 28.6, Carbohydrate 20, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 0.9, Protein 2.4
FRENCH POTATO SALAD WITH GREEN ONIONS
- Scrub the potatoes and drop them into a saucepan of enough boiling salted water to cover. Boil about 30 minutes, just until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife. Drain. As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place the potatoes in a large shallow serving dish. Pour the wine over the warm slices and toss very gently. Set aside until the potatoes have absorbed the wine.
- Meanwhile, use a small whisk to beat the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl until the salt has dissolved. Add the oil by droplets and whisk until thickened. Whisk in the green onions. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss gently. Recheck seasoning and adjust if necessary. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 314, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 318 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "french country potato salad recipes"
SIMPLE FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 47Calories 80 per servingCategory Salad, Side
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, then slice into 1/4-inch slices. Add to a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a healthy dash of salt (for flavor) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly (to medium/high) and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and also easily slide off the knife. Be sure not to undercook the potatoes or they can be waxy and difficult to eat. When in doubt, carefully scoop out a potato and test it to see if it’s the right doneness.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking, drain and rinse with cool water. Then once mostly dry, add to a large serving bowl. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare dressing. Add mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and apple cider vinegar to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then, while continuing to whisk, slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify the oil and vinegar. Add the dill and whisk once more.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt for saltiness, black pepper for spice, mustard for intense mustard flavor, vinegar for more acidity, or dill for herbal flavor.
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE …
FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD | WILLIAMS SONOMA
POTATO SALAD RECIPES: SOMMERS, LAURA: 9798832418575: BOOKS
Reviews 3Format HardcoverAuthor Laura Sommers
BEST COUNTRY POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRENCH POTATO SALAD — SIMPLE NO MAYO RECIPE | KITCHN
FRENCH POTATO SALAD
FRENCH POTATO SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FRENCH POTATO SALAD | FEASTING AT HOME
FRENCH POTATO SALAD - CHEZ US
FRENCH POTATO SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRENCH POTATO SALAD WITH FRESH HERB VINAIGRETTE - THE …
EASY FRENCH POTATO SALAD – A COUPLE COOKS
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
FRENCH POTATO SALAD TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS - LOVE FRENCH FOOD
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD - PURPLE CHOCOLAT HOME
FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD - EASY WITH A TOUCH OF ELEGANCE!
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD WITH TURKEY RECIPE
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
FRENCH STYLE POTATO SALAD - FRAICHE LIVING
FRENCH POTATO SALAD - GIMME SOME OVEN
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD WITH TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FRENCH INSPIRED POTATO SALAD - DANIELLE AT HOME
RECIPES > BEANS AND GRAINS > HOW TO MAKE FRENCH COUNTRY …
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD | RECIPE | COUNTRY POTATO SALAD RECIPE ...
FRENCH COUNTRY POTATO SALAD IN 2021 | SPICE RECIPES, POTATO SALAD ...
CLASSIC FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
FRENCH ONION ROASTED POTATO SALAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
CLASSIC FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD - HOW-TO - FINECOOKING
DAVE AND BUSTER'S CHICKEN SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT ...
FRENCH STYLE ROASTED POTATO SALAD - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
Ina Garten's French Potato Salad | Barefoot Contessa | Food Network193K views-03:26
Reel Flavor - French Potato Salad5.4K views-03:53
What's For Dinner? -- French Onion Porkchops -- Fried Okra -- Potato Salad -- Corn2.1K views-09:39
How to Make Potato, Green Bean and Tomato Salad27K views-07:42
Homemade Deli-Style Potato Salad!! Classic Country Style Recipe2.1M views-10:14
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook French potato salad?This French Potato Salad recipe is made with lots and lots of fresh herbs, a zippy lemon-garlic vinaigrette, and zero mayo! Place the diced potatoes in a large stockpot and add enough water so that the potatoes are covered by 1 inch. Cook over medium-high heat until the water reaches a boil.
What is the best recipe for potato salad?An adaptation of Julia Child’s classic recipe, this French potato salad is a favorite! It features zingy red potatoes, capers, and parsley. Fill a large pot with cold water and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Add the whole potatoes and bring to a boil.
How do you make potato salad with vinegar and wine?Toss gently with the wine and chicken stock. Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding. Combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes.
How do you make potato salad with Dijon mustard?Add Dijon mustard, grainy mustard, 3 tablespoons of the freshly chopped dill, the diced shallots, diced cornichons and cornichon juice. Toss to combine. Step 3 – Add the potatoes to the bowl of vinaigrette.