Just as South and Central American countries have their fried plantains, the Vietnamese have fried bananas, usually sold on the streets by women in front of their houses. The firmer the bananas, the better.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix together the flour, sugar, egg, milk and salt to make a smooth, paste-like batter.
- Leave to rest for one hour.
- Peel the bananas and slice each one in half lengthwise, then across into chunks about three inches long.
- Dip the banana pieces into the batter and shallow fry in hot oil for a few minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Drain quickly on a wire rack or paper towel, and serve warm.
- If you like, serve them with real maple syrup, powdered sugar, or honey, for extra sweetness.
CHOCOLATE FONDUE WITH FRIED BANANAS
- Add the flour, club soda, milk, powdered sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine and break up any lumps. Add the sliced bananas and stir them around to coat them completely in the batter. Cover the bowl and refrigerate while you make the chocolate fondue and heat the oil for the bananas.
- For Frying: Add about 1-inch of oil to a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed skillet. Attach a candy thermometer and bring the heat up to 350 degrees F. Once the oil is hot, remove the bananas from the fridge, letting any excess batter drip back into the bowl, and transfer them to the oil. Fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bananas to a wire rack. Let the bananas cool for 1 minute. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately with the Chocolate Fondue and other dippers using fondue forks of wooden skewers.
- Add the chocolate, heavy cream and vanilla to a large bowl set over a double boiler. Heat over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted and incorporated with the cream, about 5 minutes. Keep warm on the double boiler until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, carefully transfer the chocolate fondue to a fondue pot to keep warm.
FRIED SWEET BANANAS
A very traditional breakfast or dessert in northeast Brazil, bananas or plantains are fried in butter and coated with cinnamon-sugar. Delicious with vanilla ice cream too.
Provided by Nandabear
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut each banana half into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add banana slices and cook until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer banana slices to a paper towel-lined plate. Coat banana slices, 1 at a time, with cinnamon-sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 41.5 mg, Sugar 23.9 g
HOMEMADE FRIED BANANAS
Provided by stelladias77
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry the bananas for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until slightly golden in color.
- Sprinkle the sugar into the pan, add water and bring it to the boil, it will dissolve .[caramel] Put the bananas ,add vanilla
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the bananas,decorate with2 tea spoon chocolate candy.serve with yogurt. enjoy.
- Mix the flour, cardamom and cinnamon. Dip bananas in milk, and dredge in the dry mixture. Cook slowly in butter about 4 minutes until they are brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, combine milk, sugar, rum and coconut in a saucepan and bring to boil for 2 minutes. Spoon sauce on a plate. Place two quarters of bananas on the plate, round side up, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 262, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 43 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Watched how to make bananas foster and fire in kitchen scared me...lol. Can give to kids served over ice cream. It is good.
Provided by Dienia B.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Fry bananas in butter; add brown sugar.
- Cook until sugary and caramelized, shaking pan gently frequently to prevent breaking the bananas.
- Add orange juice and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.8, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 38.2, Sodium 133.7, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 38.8, Protein 3
QUICK THAI FRIED BANANAS
- Melt butter in a wok over high heat. Add bananas, brown sugar, and cinnamon; saute until bananas are golden brown and sugar is bubbling, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 46.1 mg, Sugar 27.8 g
More about "fried bananas recipes"
FRIED BANANAS - CRISPY FRIED BANANAS RECIPE - RASA MALAYSIA
4.8/5 (40)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dessert RecipesCalories 259 per serving
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients in the Frying Batter together. Stir to mix well. Make sure the batter is smooth. Gently the bananas into the batter.
- Heat up a small pot with 2-3 inches oil on high heat. The oil is ready when it's fully heated with a swirl of smoke coming from the surface.
- Gently drop each piece of banana into the hot oil. Deep fry the bananas in batches. Turn the bananas over so both sides turn golden brown in color and become crispy.
PAN FRIED BANANA 10 MINUTES & 4 INGREDIENTS BANANA DESSERT RECIPE
MEXICAN FRIED BANANAS - THRIFT AND SPICE
FRIED BANANA - CHEF LOLAS KITCHEN
FRIED BANANAS - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - MAKE YOUR OWN
THAI STYLE FRIED BANANAS RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
AIR FRIED BANANA PUDDING PIE - AIR FRYING FOODIE
FRIED BANANAS - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
5-MINUTE FRIED BANANA RECIPE | FOODBYMARIA
EASY DEEP FRIED BANANAS (BANANA EMPANADA) - EASY AND DELISH
THE BEST FRIED BANANAS RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
FRIED BANANAS, NO ADDED SUGAR - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
PAN-FRIED CINNAMON BANANAS ARE RIDICULOUSLY EASY RECIPE | EXTRA …
THAI FRIED BANANAS (KLUAI KHAEK) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY PAN FRIED BANANAS RECIPE - DESSERTS ON A DIME
FRIED BANANAS WITH LECHERA RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
FRIED RIPE BANANA RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
MAPLE PAN-FRIED BANANAS - VEGGIE DESSERTS
10 BEST FRIED BANANAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED BANANA BALLS - SOUTHEAST ASIAN RECIPES - NYONYA COOKING
FRIED BANANAS RECIPE & VIDEO | COOKTORIA
FRIED BANANAS - EASY, DELICIOUS FAMILY FRIENDLY RECIPES - FOOD LOVIN …
FRIED BANANAS - A GIRL WORTH SAVING
FRIED BANANAS RECIPE: THE BEST SWEET TREAT EVER! – COOK IT
FRIED BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SIMPLE AND EASY 10 MINUTE FRIED BANANA RECIPE - ONCE UPON A …
MEXICAN FRIED BANANAS - MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
FRIED BANANA SPLIT | RICARDO
THE BEST FRIED BANANAS - WHISKING MAMA
FRIED BANANAS W/ CINNAMON BUTTER + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
PAN FRIED BANANAS - BELLY FULL
CRUNCHY FRIED BANANAS - AFRICAN FOOD NETWORK
PAN-FRIED HONEY BANANAS RECIPE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
AIR FRIED BANANAS IN 8 MINUTES! - AIR FRYER FANATICS
24 RECIPES FOR RIPE BANANAS - INSANELY GOOD
HOW TO FRY BANANAS - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
AIR FRIED BANANA | CLASSIC BAKES
OATMEAL FRIED BANANAS - NO RECIPES
FRIED BANANAS RECIPE | KASHEWAR RECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #asian #vietnamese #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #low-fat #vegetarian #grains #eggs #stove-top #dietary #christmas #new-years #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #comfort-food #valentines-day #inexpensive #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love