FRIED OATMEAL BREAKFAST RECIPE
My mom always said that my grandpa loved fried oatmeal. When my mom taught me how to make it, I thought it was genius and that I might like it more than oatmeal. Now we always make extra oatmeal, so we can make fried oatmeal with all these tasty toppings!
Provided by Luci Petlack
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring oats, water, and salt to boil in a small pot.
- Lower Heat. Cook five minutes, stirring constantly until a thick consistency is reached.
- Place oatmeal in square baking pan and spread evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours.
- When cool, cut oatmeal into eight equal pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, spray with nonstick spray.
- Carefully lift oatmeal pieces out of the dish and onto the pan. Sear both sides of the oatmeal square - it takes a while because of all the moisture in the oatmeal. Add more nonstick spray as needed.
- When oatmeal pieces are fairly seared, feel free to add a little butter (along with some more nonstick spray). Butter burns at a much lower temperature, so don't do this until the end.
Sounds weird but it's very good. You must use steel-cut oats for this recipe! Prep time includes the 2-hour refrigeration time but you can also prepare this the night before and refrigerate until morning.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the oats with 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and cook, uncovered, over low heat about 45 minutes or until the oatmeal is soft and the liquid is almost totally absorbed. Add the raisins and sugar and cook 1 minute, then increase the heat to high and cook, stirring 1 minute, or until any excess liquid evaporates.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and spread the oatmeal in a thin layer at the bottom. Smooth the top with a spatula. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the surface of the oatmeal and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm. You can prepare this the night before.
- Using a metal spatula, loosen the edges of the oatmeal and turn it out onto a cutting board. Cut the sheet in half lengthwise, then crosswise to make 4 equal pieces.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the butter. When the butter melts, dust the oatmeal slices with flour and cook them about 2 minutes on each side, or until well browned.
- Divide the slices between 2 plates, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle each serving with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.2, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 2.8, Carbohydrate 44, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 13, Protein 7.3
OATMEAL BAKED CHICKEN
This recipe proves you can have fried chicken without a lot of fuss. The chili powder and cumin add a subtle spiciness that appeals to everyone.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°; coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, until juices run clear and thermometer reads 170° when inserted into thickest part of chicken, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 478 calories, Fat 26g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 124mg cholesterol, Sodium 207mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
More about "fried oatmeal recipes"
FRIED OATMEAL – IN DIANES KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SOUTHERN FRIED OATMEAL - WITH A SIDE OF SNEAKERS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FRIED OATMEAL - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MAPLE FRIED OATMEAL - THERESCIPES.INFO
42 RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER OATMEAL * THE HOMESTEADING HIPPY
FRIED APPLE AND ALMOND BUTTER OATMEAL | TWO SPOONS
WHOLE FRIED OKRA RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SAVORY OATMEAL WITH CHEDDAR AND BACON | LAURA FUENTES
HOW TO MAKE FRIED OATMEAL |4 MINUTES EASY RECIPE| ELEN'S …
PAN-FRIED LEFTOVER OATMEAL CAKES - DON'T WASTE THE CRUMBS
PAN-FRIED OATMEAL FOR RECIPE FRIDAY – ANOTHER FEARLESS YEAR
FRIED OATMEAL PATTIES RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
FRY LEFTOVER OATMEAL IN BUTTER | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: SCOTTISH FRIED OATMEAL SKIRLEY STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES ...
OATMEAL - HOW TO COOK IT 8 DELICIOUS WAYS! - COOKING CLASSY
HOW TO MAKE STIR FRIED OATMEAL: 10 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
32 OATS RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST & SNACK BY SWASTHI'S RECIPES
15 CHEWY OATMEAL BAR RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST OATMEAL - COOKIE AND KATE
20 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES | EAT THIS NOT THAT
FRIED OATMEAL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
20 BAKED OATMEAL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
5 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST THAT YOU MUST TRY!
FRIED OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5-INGREDIENT SAVORY OATMEAL (CHINESE-STYLE) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
14 HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPE IDEAS FOR BREAKFAST | REAL SIMPLE
SAVORY OATMEAL WITH FRIED EGG - AMERICAN EGG BOARD
A TWIST ON MORNING OATS: PAN FRIED OATMEAL
15+ SAVORY OATMEAL & PORRIDGE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SAVORY OATMEAL WITH EGG BREAKFAST - FEELGOODFOODIE
CRISPY FRIED OATMEAL SLICES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
12 MINUTE SAVORY OATMEAL WITH FRIED EGGS - ROBUST RECIPES
35 EASY CREATIVE OATMEAL RECIPES - FOOD FUN & FARAWAY PLACES
LEFTOVER OATMEAL: 25 DELICIOUS RECIPES TO HELP YOU USE IT ALL UP!
12 DELICIOUS OATMEAL RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST OAT FLOUR OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
17 SAVORY OATMEAL RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST - PUREWOW
SAVORY GARLIC OATS WITH MASALA FRIED EGG - 10 MINUTE BREAKFAST …
SAVORY OATMEAL WITH CHEDDAR AND FRIED EGG - HEALTHY NIBBLES
SOUTHERN FRIED OATMEAL
6 DELICIOUSLY SAVORY WAYS TO DRESS UP OATMEAL | COOKING LIGHT
SAVORY STEEL CUT OATMEAL - COOKIE AND KATE
FRIED OATMEAL BREAKFAST - VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
15 BEST OATMEAL RECIPES TO START THE DAY – A COUPLE COOKS
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #granola-and-porridge #breakfast #refrigerator #grains #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #comfort-food #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love