FRESH FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
Lime and basil really brighten the flavors in this colorful salsa. It's best when scooped up on a homemade cinnamon chip. -Navalee Hylton, Lauderhill, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-1/2 cups salsa (64 chips).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; mix lightly. Refrigerate until serving., Lightly spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; cut each into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Add tortillas; toss to coat., Arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 118mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
I first made this fresh, fruity salsa for a family baby shower. Everyone wanted the recipe. Now, someone makes this juicy snack for just about every family gathering-and I have to keep reminding everyone who introduced it! -Jessica Robinson, Indian Trail, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving., For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into 8 wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. , Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 136mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS
The fun of this recipe is that it can be tailored to your tastes. I'm a 'throw it in and see how it turns out' kind of cook, so please adjust the recipe to fit your own tastes. This recipe is best used immediately, as fresh fruit doesn't keep well in the refrigerator. If you prefer baked cinnamon chips, arrange the tortilla triangles in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and bake 5 to 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Watch them closely so they don't burn!
Provided by CRISSYF
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
- Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 86.2 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
ANNIE'S FRUIT SALSA AND CINNAMON CHIPS
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Carbohydrate 59 g, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 461.7 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
SWEET FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
- To prepare salsa: Finely chop apples, kiwi, grapes and strawberries and place in medium bowl. Grate orange peel to measure 1 teaspoon. Squeeze juice from orange. Add juice and grated peel to chopped fruit. Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple jelly in small bowl. Add to fruit; toss gently to mix. Refrigerate 1 hour to mix flavors. To make cinnamon chips: Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush one side of tortillas with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges (as you would a pie) and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden. Cool. Recipe Tip: substitute 1-¼ teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning for cinnamon and nutmeg in the salsa.
STONE FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
Provided by Kelsey Nixon
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the salsa: In a large mixing bowl, combine the mixed stone fruits, honey, basil, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Stir to coat the fruit evenly. Taste and season accordingly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Brush both sides of the flour tortillas with the melted butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over both sides of the tortillas. Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes, flipping half way through. Serve with the fruit salsa.
- Cook's Note: Feel free to add in other fruits to the salsa. Try strawberries, nectarines and mango.
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS
This recipe is different from the other one's posted here. This is addicting!! It's from a Simple and Delicious magazine.
Provided by my3beachbabes
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving.
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon sprinkle over tortillas.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 784.5, Fat 28.6, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 48.8, Sodium 899, Carbohydrate 124.4, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 54.1, Protein 12.5
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON PITA CHIPS
Easy and delicious! Try chopping the strawberries with an egg chopper by putting the strawberry in one way, cut then turn the other way and cut. It's a real time saver! This is my lower-sugar verson of this very popular recipe. Take it to a potluck or a BBQ and it will be an instant hit! Make sure you take copies of the recipe to share.
Provided by Sooz Cooks
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the fruit and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl large enough that you can dredge the pita chips.
- For thinner pita chips split each pita round in half so that you have two pita circles.
- Spray each side of the chip with butter flavored cooking spray (I Can't Believe it's not Butter in the butter section of the grocery store is zero calories).
- Stack 4 pitas at a time and cut them into chip size with the pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
- Put chips in the bowl a few at a time and dredge them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place chip on baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with fruit salad.
More about "fruit salsa with cinnamon chips recipes"
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - EASY RECIPES, CRAFTS ...
4.7/5 (15)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 363 per serving
- Dice the strawberries and place in a medium size bowl. Cut the blueberries and raspberries into havles or quarters, depending on their size, and add them to the bowl. Peel and finely dice the apples and add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine the lemon juice, honey, and vanilla. Pour over the fruit and stir gently to coat.
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - FAR FROM NORMAL
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
FRUIT SALSA; GOOD WITH CINNAMON CHIPS! | FOOD, FRUIT SALSA ...
FRUIT SALSA WITH BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR CHIPS RECIPE ...
HEALTHY FRUIT SALSA & CINNAMON CHIPS - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS RECIPE - HOME. MADE. …
PAMPERED CHEF STRAWBERRY KIWI SALSA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
FRUIT SALSA RECIPE - WITH CINNAMON SUGAR PITA CHIPS | BUNS ...
FRUIT SALSA (WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS) - COOKING CLASSY
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CRISPS
FRUIT SALSA WITH BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR CHIPS
FRUIT SALSA WITH BAKED CINNAMON CHIPS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
FRUIT SALSA WITH BAKED CINNAMON CHIPS - BUTTER WITH A SIDE ...
FRUIT SALSA WITH BAKED CINNAMON CHIPS - THE GIRL WHO ATE ...
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - THE GUNNY SACK
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS | KITCHEN FUN ...
MOUTHWATERING FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON PITA CHIPS | THE ...
HEALTHY FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON SUGAR PITA CHIPS - WHAT ...
FRUIT SALSA WITH HOMEMADE CINNAMON CHIPS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
FRUIT SALSA RECIPE WITH CINNAMON CHIPS | CREATE KIDS CLUB
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
SIMPLE FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - SIMPLE PARTY FOOD
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON PITA CHIPS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HEALTHY FRUIT SALSA & CINNAMON CHIPS STORY - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
TANGY FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - RECIPES | PAMPERED ...
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - IZZYCOOKING
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - FEEDING YOUR FAM
FRUIT SALSA RECIPE WITH CINNAMON CHIPS | THE FOODIE AFFAIR
FRUIT SALSA RECIPE WITH CINNAMON CHIPS! - THE FRUGAL GIRLS
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS - THE DARLING APRON
FRUIT SALSA AND HOMEMADE CINNAMON CHIPS - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
FRUIT SALSA - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
SWEET FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - OUR BEST BITES
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #appetizers #desserts #easy #dietary #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tortilla chips with cinnamon?Combine cinnamon and sugar in a shaker container or bowl. Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until crisp. Remove and let sit for 15 minutes.
What is the best way to make fruit salsa?The key to delicious fruit salsa is to chop the fruit evenly and small so you get a taste of each in every bite. Strawberries: Wash the strawberries and slice off the green tops before dicing the strawberries into small pieces.
What do you put in your salsa or chips?My salsa: 2 kiwi 2 mangos 2 pink ladies 8oz raspberries 2 tsp sugar 3 tbsp strawberry preserves and some lime juice to prevent oxidation of the banana and apple. Chips I used cinnamon sugar from Whole Foods. Next time I might cut down on the apple and add another fruit (blueberries or peaches or both) Read More
How do you make Cinnamon CHIPS with Fuji apples?In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Place white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.